Chapter 2

Igavene Armastus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing in front of Yoon Haera’s picture that was framed by wood, and attending her funeral could not feel any more real than a dream. A very unpleasant dream. A nightmare really. He just wanted to deny the scene in front of him.

The room where Haera’s funeral was held in was rather empty. Her servants and employees of the company had paid their respects to her, nothing more than just a formal obligation that they had to do.

Lay clenched his hands until his knuckles turned white.

He knew that Haera was not a particularly liked person among her employees, but they did not have the right to desecrate the dead by talking behind her back. What the hell did they even know? They did not have the right to judge her because they did not know anything about her. 

Not a single thing.

His heart burned with anger.

“What ‘I knew she was a bit cuckoo in the head’…?” Lay gritted his teeth as he set his eyes on Haera’s framed picture. “Damn it!” He punched the wall before he crumpled to his knees on the floor. “Why did you kill yourself over a bastard like him…?”

Looking at the funeral stand where fruits and flowers were arranged, and with the sickening smell of incense permeating in the room, Lay wanted to smash it to pieces.

He could not accept it.

A bitter smile crept into his lips, his face a picture perfect of despair. “If I had caught on earlier, if…if I had prevented you from organizing the stupid dinner with Jongin, would you…” he choked on his words. The bags under his eyes were heavy and he could not help the stray tear that escaped his control. “If I was faster, would you have been alive…?”

Just then, Lay heard footsteps that made him pause his mourning. He lifted his head to turn and look at the uninvited guest.

“Seems like I got the right room.”

Upon seeing the person’s face and hearing their voice, Lay immediately got up to his feet and grabbed the person’s collar.

“What are you doing here!” Lay growled, his eyes bloodshot.

The bastard did not deserve to be here, attending Haera’s funeral, when he was the one who caused her death to begin with.

“...What? Have you lost your mind, Zhang Yixing?” Kim Jongin grabbed Lay’s arms with his own. “If you know what is good for you, you better let go of me.” He nar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter