IV. Llama Plushie

All Versions of Her and You

I groaned trying to move my body away from the weight. Did I passed out with my skateboard on top of me again? My baby never felt this heavy and warm early in the morning. Alarmed by the foreign weight, I open my eyes cautiously, and peeked.

 

 

 

 

The sight of the head snuggling closely to my sore shoulders makes me think about something that bothered me way way long ago. I'm still clueless why it became such a big deal that Soojunggie's hair roots remained black. I mean she already look good in absolutely any hair color or hairstyle, so why does the color of her hair roots matter?

 

 

 

 

Scratching my head, I held the weight closer to me and sleep again. Better try continue this dream before it ends.

 

 


I was awaken again this time by soft whimpers. Ugh, can't a young growing llama get a goodnight sleep and just dream the sweetest dream. I try to ignore the whimpering and close my eyes embracing the weight on my body harder. Soo warm, heh, see if you can disturb the llama sleep.

 

 

 

"Dont.."

 

 

I almost whined when I heard that whisper. Almost. Can't people just let me have it even just for a few minutes... err, again. I am already extracting myself as far away as possible from her because the boss says so. As long as it is not permanent, and it’s for her own good, fine I'll do my best, keep busy or anything at all. But seriously in my dreams? Not cool, bro, really not cool.

 

 

 

 

I forcefully closed my eyes again, moving a little so that the weight is lying on top of me.

 

 

 

"No, don't go."

 

 

 

I heard that clearly, and that is definitely Krystal's tired broken voice.

 

 

 

I opened my eyes, slowly. I hate hearing that voice because that means she is not okay, never mind having a good dream. I am not okay with her being not okay, it makes any dream of her a nightmare

 

 

 

"Please."

 

 

Wait.

 

 

I look down to the body on top of me. Oh no, it's really her, definitely not a dream. She does this sometimes, sleep wherever is the closest to her set to save time. I'm so lucky I crashed here tonight, or maybe not.

 

 

A small smile grazed my lips as I move her body carefully so that she's lying on the bed not on top of me. She's holding on to my sweatshirt too tight. My smile got bigger.

 


I hate waking her up, so I didn't. No, not just yet. She looks really worn out these days, how I wish I can kidnap her from her work and hide her in a place where she can sleep and eat and sleep. But na-ah, that's not how it works, reality never works that way.

 

 

"Please don't"

 

 

That's it, if she's on her mood swings again, I'll get a slap but who cares, I should wake her up now. Stupid nightmare, disturbing princess' sleep.

 

 

I poked her cheeks again and again, she's still sleeping.

 

 

I shook her shoulder hard to wake her up. Nothing happens.

 

 

I tickled her sides, not even responding. She just kept on whimpering and it is making me go crazy already.

 

 

I flick her ear with my fingers as hard as I could.

 

 

 

It does the trick. She kicked me hard on my stomach. Oh god, why does she have to do that, I'm just being a concerned llama here. My baby intestines and mommy intestines were all screaming in pain, but I smiled when I look up to her scowling face.

 

 

 

I held my hands up in sign of surrender as and tried to explain myself.

 

 

 

"I, uh, you, uh, nightmare, wont wake up, Nightmare. Sorry"

 

 

 

I really tried, it's hard speaking Korean when your tongue is being stubborn as always, besides that scowl is killing me. I'm not scared of that scowl. I'm just distracted. Have you ever seen a barely awake Krystal Jung scowling at you? Well I hope that explains my terrible Korean, it's the nervousness I swear. I'm already getting better at speaking Korean. On second thought, nah, I'm getting worst. Maybe it'll make her teach me Korean again.

 

 

Erase that thought, too selfish. She needs more time to sleep.

 

 


She laughs at my broken Korean. I mentally wipe the sweat on my forehead. Good thing she's not on her homicidal mood. I missed that laugh so much so I just watch her intently.

 

 

I'm such a creep sometimes.

 


She didn't say a word when she stopped laughing but she moved closer to me, snuggling her head on the side of my neck again. She entangles her legs with mine and exhales calmly. Well, I am her llama plushie ever since. I guess some things will never change.

 


I reached out for my phone on the side table to check for the time.

 

 

4:10am.

 

 

 

"dundungie, what time should I wake you?" I asked her, playing with the strands of her hair.

 

 

 

 

She looks up staring into my eyes.

 

 

 

"Don't you dare do that again." she whispered not breaking the eye contact.

 

 

 

 

I just shook my head and smiled at her.

 

 

"I have an 8:30."

 

 

"Okay." I responded, pulling her head back to where it was before. I continued her hair staring mindlessly at the corner of my room. The rhythm of her breathing tickles my neck but I like having her this close so I didn't complain.

 

 

It's been so long since we've slept like this. It felt like forever since those days but the feeling of having her close is still as fascinating as ever.

 

 

She is the most vulnerable during this moments and I feel privileged that she has allowed me to share this times with her. She said it herself that working at a very young age took away her innocence. I hate it that it has to be that way.

 

 

Life always seems harder for her, regardless of what other people say. I've watched how she has grown to be a very fine and beautiful young lady who doesn’t give a damn about what the world things as long as she is being true to herself and that's one of the million reasons why I adore her.

 


Ah, reasons why Jung Soo Jung is adorable.

 

 

I can start with how she held my hand and bear with me when I felt so lost and alone during my first months of staying here in Korea. I can also start describing how beautiful she is in a very, very descriptive way starting with the strands of her hair. I can start with describing how I can feel thousands of different emotions when I listen to her voice, or any of those sappy things you would always watch in the movies.

 

 

I honestly don't know where to start even if I have tried doing this hundred times before. She's the Jung Soo Jung, let's just leave it at that.

And she's whimpering in her sleep again, so I held her tighter.

 

 

"I'm here, I'll always be here" I whispered softly, kissing her hair.

"I'm sorry princess, two more months."

 


I didn't speak again, waiting for her breathing to get even again. I started humming to keep myself from sleeping. I'm her llama plushie/alarm clock. I can easily set my phone as an alarm but where's the fun in that, besides this moment might not happen again.


 

My humming turned into a whispered singing as I enjoyed the steady flutter of her heart close to mine.

 

though my edges may be rough
I never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours~

 

 

I laughed silently as I end the sappy song with her name Jung Soo Jung.