Passion

Our Daughter (우리딸)

 

They say its better to live a life away from the people you think that it can affect their daily lives when you’re around or you are together with them but it is not easy too, Irene thought of that.

 

Irene was a very hardworking young lady since then, she’ll do everything she can in order to live of course things that are moral.Life get change for her the moment she gave birth to her daughter, she need to put more hard-work in everything since she don’t only feed herself she feed another one so there is two of them now.She love her daughter more than anything, thats why they leave Seoul for good and they decided to live in Daegu at least its still in South Korea,the reason they leave? She don’t wanna talk about it ,its still hard for her even its years already.Irene have three other sisters she’s the middle child, all of them have also respected own families,also the four of them work in entertainment industries but not as an actress or idols but as a stylist its one of the crucial job in the industry, well the sisters are known to be top stylist in the industries as they style most famous idols and celebrities.Until the day Irene decided to take a rest of everything she’s willing to gave up her passion for her child cause she thought she don’t want to expose her child to that kind of living.Isnt it selfish to hear? She dont want to let her child know what was her mother before and to the people that her mother had? Call her selfish but she just want the best for her child that was she thought.

 

Her daughter was already 4years old now her name is Yerim, she’s a wise and beautiful girl like her mother she got her mother’s most features like a mini version of her you cant deny she really is Irene’s daughter, the child loves to sing and play along with her dog named Dalgom it was anytime soon as she goes to school, she will definitely ask why she don’t have a father, that is one of the most scary question that Irene would have to answer, she should answer her in a way that she can understand and don’t hurt her little girl feelings, all this time Irene is so ready answer that.

 

“Eomma!” 

 

“Uh?” Irene answered as she is struggling back to her sleep.

 

“Wake up Eomma! You told me we’re going to the town early morning! So we could buy some fresh flour!” a 4 year old daughter of her jumping up and down in her bed as the toddler tries her best to wake up her mom.

 

“Huh? I did? Yerimah just let mommy sleep for 5minutes” as Irene dig her face again to her pillow.

 

“No, Eomma! You told me to wake you up early because its a holiday next week we cant get some flour earlier, we cant run the bakery” Yerim said, the little girl love to help her mother always to run their bakery, well this is also another job that Irene will have other than being a stylist before.

 

“Arraso arraso,lets go to the bathroom first ill take you to the bath then after mommy will , okay?” Irene said as she carried Yeri out from the bedroom head to the main bathroom.

 

“Eomma” Yeri said while Irene take off her clothes for her to take her baby bath.

 

“Uh?” Irene smiled as she runs water to the bathtub.

 

“Hye Kyo-imo called while you were sleeping” Yeri smiled as she played with the bubbles.

 

“Why?” Irene curiously asked.

 

“She always said that give the phone to Joo Hyun and then I answer huh? Auntie there is no Joo Hyun here and then she said to your Mommy Irene I mean” Yeri continuously said.

 

Irene’s real name is Bae Joo Hyun her mother, sisters and closest friends only calls her that ,Yeri dont know the real name of her mother she just only knew that her mother’s name was Bae Irene nothing more.She decided to tell Yeri everything when she got older.

 

“Then?” Irene added.

 

“Then she said she’ll just call back later, because youre still sleeping” Yeri smiled.

 

“Oh right, why you woke up so early Yerimah?” Irene sweetly asked as she put some shampoo on Yeri’s hair and rubbed it.

 

“Are you really that excited to go to the town?” Irene smiled.

 

“Of course mommy! And to watch you bake the tallest cake that Jisoo-imo ordered from you for Lisa unnie’s and Rosè unnie’s birthday!” Yeri giggled.

 

“Really? I think you’re just excited to your cousin birthday party next month” Irene giggled.

 

“Also that” Yeri giggled.

 

“Alright, so lets get this quick so we can go to the town early” Irene chuckled as she wrap Yeri by her towel and head again upstairs leaving drops of water to their track.

 

 

After they did their morning routine the mother daughter went to the town already to ordered some sacks of flour.They are well known to the town because their bakery one of the best bakery in Daegu.Irene didn’t expect that the time will come their source of income will be their bakery, its just Irene’s hobby when she was little she always love to bake together with her other big sister named Taeyeon, what can she do if she really left the passion and job that she currently have, so she grabbed the other job that she can and manage that is their bakery, it help her to start new again, at least the only stress it will give to her are those costumers who really are demanding and complains threw to her but this isnt give her to think that she will give up this business then until years have come she successfully earned it.

 

“Goodmorning Mr.Kim!!” the mother and daughter greeted in sync to the man infront of them, the man who take orders whenever costumers by some sack of flours from them.

 

“Oh good morning to my favorite costumers!” The old man greeted cheerfully.

 

“Harabeoji! We will order some flours!” Yeri excitedly said

 

“Iam going to say that” Irene giggled on how her daughter blabbers.Yeri giggled.

 

“Yes Mr.Kim please” Irene smiled upon agreeing on what her daughter said and looked at Mr.Kim

 

“Oh yeah, 3 sacks of flour! Ill just put it in the truck Irene” the old man smiled and said.

 

“Thank you harabeoji” Irene politely replied.

 

“She really grew up already Irene, her features really like you!” the old man chuckled.

 

“Time flies Mr.Kim she was a baby before but now she talks non stop” Irene giggled.

 

“Iam proud of you Irene” the old man complimented as he knows all the struggled that Irene went through.

 

“Thank you Mr.Kim” Irene smiled.

 

“Harabeoji! Ill sing for you! Its your favorite song!” Yeri excitedly said.

 

“So I can give you discount?” the old man laugh.

 

“Also that, but I learned already the song that you always play in your shop” Yeri giggled.Irene just laugh upon hearing what her daughter said.

 

“She’s a businesswoman Harabeoji I tell you” Irene giggled.

 

“Alright, Ill listen” the old man chuckled and seated down.

 

As the whole shop filled with the little girl’s voice as she ended and bowed,people who passes by and Mr.Kim give her around of applause.

 

“You have so many fans baby” Irene whispered and carried Yeri.Yeri giggled in reply.

 

“Aigoo That was amazing! Thank you Yerimah!” The old man claps.

 

“So we’ll have the discount Harabeoji?” Yeri giggled.

 

“Of course to my little businesswoman” the old man chuckled.

 

“Yes! Eomma we have discount!” Yeri laughed.Irene giggled in reply.

 

“Good Job!” Irene replied with proud face.

 

“Thank you so much harabeoji! We’ll go ahead” Irene said with her sweetest smile.

 

“Youre always welcome Irene, your little girl so much fun to be with” the old man chuckled.

 

“Keep safe!” Mr.Kim added.

 

“Bye Harabeoji we’ll be back soon!” Yeri and Irene said in sync as they wave their hands in goodbye.

 

As soon as they headback home, the landline phone in the wall of the living room keep on ringing.

 

“Go upstairs and change okay?” Irene said to Yeri.

 

“Ne eomma!” Yeri run as she head upstairs.

 

“Watch your step!” Irene reminded.

 

 

“Now lets see who’s calling” Irene murmured as she pick up the phone.

 

“Hello? Bae’s residence who’s this?” Irene answered.

 

“Yah! Why you’re not answering my calls Bae Joo Hyun?!” A loud scream from the other line.As Irene immediately keep away the phone from her ear ,from the voice and the Daegu accent she have, she knew already who is it.

 

“Hye Kyo unnie? Unnie you called so early in the morning how come I can pick up your calls huh” Irene reason out and chuckled.

 

“Right such a heavy sleeper” Hye Kyo said from the other line.

 

The eldest sister of Irene named Hye Kyo she is currently a stylist among top Kpop idols in this generation, among Irene’s sisters, Irene resembles so much like her big sister Hye Kyo other people mistakenly thought they are twins but they do have 7 years of .

 

“Why do you called? Is everything alright?” Irene said as she leaned in the wall while she’s holding the phone.

 

“Seulgi is sick Irene” Hye Kyo said in a worried tone.

 

“What?! What happened?” Irene startled.

 

Seulgi is Hye Kyo’s 10 year old daughter ,this made her Irene’s niece and Yeri’s cousin.

 

“She was vomiting last night and high fever so I brought her to Seoul Hospital, the doctor said they need to know what Seulgi disease is, they said they’ll work for it, it could probably take weeks of observation” Hye Kyo said. Irene can feel how worried her big sister is, she is also a mother.

 

“Should we go to Seoul now? We will visit her Ill bring Yeri so she could see her cousin that makes her feel better” Irene suggested.

 

“Oh its fine its fine you can come to Seoul but not now cause I can still go to work because Joong Ki’s business trip will be next week her father could still look for her while Iam on work” Hye Kyo said.

 

“Oh where would bro in law business trip will be?” Irene asked.

 

“In Thailand” Hye Kyo replied.

 

“Thats far away from home” Irene replied.

 

“Yeah, any Joo Hyun-ah can I ask you a favor?” Hye Kyo said.

 

“What is that unnie?” Irene replied 

 

“Can you—never mind” Hye Kyo hesitated.

 

“You sure? I know you, come on what is it?” Irene nicely said.

 

“You know its hard but can you be my substitute for the mean time in styling the idols..wait let me finish I know its hard for you cause you know but no one will look for Seulgi in the hospital, Jisoo and Taeyeon also busy I know your busy too but—“ Hye Kyo stop at the middle when Irene spoke up.

 

“Ill do it” Irene said with all her strength.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah” Hye Kyo said in her calming voice.

 

“Ill do it unnie, for my niece, for Seulgi” Irene said even she’s having a hard time she’s willing to do it for her family.

 

“The problem is its been a while I styled people” Irene worriedly said.

 

“Oh dont worry Ill hand you my diary book where I put my records on how I styled them please guard it with your hands” Hye Kyo said.

 

“Of course unnie it was like your secret recipe down to Jisoo” Irene chuckled.As the book were passed down from their grandmother to the four sisters.

 

“Youre right haha, Joo Hyun-ah Ill just text to you the house passcode and the way in our house here in Seoul, you and Yeri can stay here for a while when you are substituting” Hye Kyo nicely said.

 

“Okay Unnie, Ill just pack our things” Irene said and smiled behind the phone.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah I owe you one, I will cook your favorite tteokboki!” Hye Kyo giggled in the line.

 

“You’re lucky that I love tteokboki and Yeri really love to go to Seoul” Irene chuckled.

 

“Not because you do love me?” Hye Kyo teasingly said.

 

“Also that” Irene giggled.

 

“Ayst youre so much like Yeri” Hye Kyo laugh as well as Irene.

 

“Haha alright Unnie, Ill hang it up cause Ill still pack our things Ill see you tomorrow” Irene said.

 

“Okay, bye thank you so much youre d best lil sis Joo Hyun-ah” Hye Kyo said.

 

“Yeah yeah Iam bye!” Irene giggled and hanged up the phone.

 

As she ended the phone call , she let out a loud sigh thinking that this could be hard, she’ll back again in styling people but she dont have a choice she dont want to resist her big sister favour because its for Seulgi’s good also even she offered herself that she should just be the one look for Seulgi at the hospital but she also have Yeri it could be more harder for her to watch two kids.Irene went upstairs to check Yeri’s doing in her bedroom surprisingly she is dancing near the television where a familiar live music show is playing on the tv.

 

“Oh? Eomma?! Come in!” Yeri drag her mother inside as she saw Irene peaking from her bedroom.

 

“What are you up to baby?” Irene smiled and ask her daughter then she seated in the princess bed like of Yeri while her eyes on the TV, she couldn’t believe who’s idol dancing in today’s music bank episode.

 

“Look eomma! He is good at dancing and he is so handsome! He is my idol!” Yeri said excitedly pointing in TV.

 

“You know her baby?” Irene curiously asked.This time fortunately Irene can stare to the person in the television, the man whom she love before maybe also right now.

 

“Ne eomma! He is Park Bogum!” Yeri giggled.Irene smiled at her daughter its been a while she heard his name.How can Irene tell to her daughter that the person whom she really love and being a fan of him is her father.

 

 Yeri imitate the dance of the song from the man in the tv.Then Irene fixed her eyes to the television she smiled the way Yeri dance she’s so happy the giggles she heard from her daughter made her feel relief that as long as she’s having fun Yeri is safe with her, when she joined dancing their loud laughs surround the whole house.

 

“Hahah alright eomma is tired already” Irene giggled as she sat down again panting.

 

“Hahaha eomma! Your a great dancer!” Yeri claps her hand ended sitting down beside her mother.

 

“Of course! Cause youre a great dancer!” Irene said and tickled her daughter.

 

“Eomma! Stop it tickles!” Yeri said resisting from her mother’s ticklish hands.

 

“Alright haha, lets go down, eomma will cook lunch” Irene smiled.

 

“Okay eomma” Yeri head downstairs.

 

“He doesnt change after all, Well Ill see you again” Irene let a loud sigh and sad smile then she turned off the television.Another challenge to face Irene thought.