The Dream

The Roommate

A soft sound rings through the morning air as Beakhyun's alarm clock on his phone awakened him. Fortunately, the alarm was a saving grace as it woke him from a heated dream - or maybe an unthinkable nightmare - involving himself and his roommate.

His eyes shot open. Inhaling a long breath and lightly taking hold of his stomach, Baekhyun began to reflect, questioning his own mind and deep subconscious as to why he would have such a dream. Though, a part of him, the "adult" part - as he likes to call it, the one that craved any and all forms of physical, intimate interaction, was sad, screaming, begging him to go back to sleep and continue this farce, this highly unlikely and impossible to occur in real life situation.

He was torn, but only for a moment. The sound of his alarm crept back into existence, reminding him he had a job to get ready for. He shut it off and sat half-way on the edge of his bed. Looking at the door, he thought: going outside and commuting to work meant he would have to face his roommate.

Beakhyun shook his head; this isn't the first time he had a "dream" about someone he didn't want to "dream" about. He let the hesitant feeling go and went to shower, but that dream was too fresh and too impactful to forget so easily.

It played and replayed through his mind over and over as he prepared for the day. Small moments of "what-if", moments that didn't occur in his dream, also seeped its way into his mind. He wanted to stop thinking about it but couldn't it.

That was his friend, his roommate, he had to put it out of his mind. But the feeling, it wouldn't go away. That lower-that-your-gut feeling, that "adult" feeling, it kept popping up at the recurring thought. When he brushed his teeth, when he used the toilet, when he showered and fixed his hair, it was all he could feel.

He finally got some clothes on and went into the common area to make breakfast for himself. Usually, his roommate it out there doing the same, but it was different today. He wasn't there, hogging up the stove or the microwave, not even a sound coming from his room. Beakhyun suspected that he just overslept.

Either way, he was kind of relieved. He wasn't in the state to face his roommate just yet. Of course, he would act normal, like nothing changed - because it really hadn't - but he would get that feeling when he looked at him; he would see them, together, and he didn't want that.

Beakhyun ate his breakfast and looking at the time for the bus on his phone app. It would be at their stop in 30 minutes. He closed the app and opened his messages, going to his conversation with his roommate. Once he saw Chanyeol's name, he froze slightly but there was no time for any of that. He let Chanyeol know that the bus was arriving soon. He didn't receive a reply so he continued with his breakfast.

15 minutes later, he was ready to go. He texted Chanyeol again, urging him that they were gonna be late for work if they had to wait for the next bus. A few minutes later, Chanyeol came out of his room, looking nice and spiffy for work. Like always, Beakhyun thought. 

"Ready," Chanyeol claimed as he fixed a cup of coffee from the pot Beakhyun made earlier. They were off and out of the door.


The walk to the bus stop was about 7 minutes. They walked in silence for a bit, which was normal. It's early in the morning and they haven't gotten their minds together yet. Luckily, the feeling Beakhyun hated all morning was dissipating. He was only reminded of the dream for a short time when he looked into Chanyeol's eyes, which didn't happen that often. 

He was feeling a little better. 

After a few sips of coffee, Chanyeol began to speak. "So," he began, "I had a crazy dream last night."

"No kidding." What a coincidence.

"Yeah. It was hot." Chanyeol smirked and wiggled his eyebrows at his friend.

"Do you ever have a normal dream? I think you need to look into getting a therapist." Beakhyun joked. This is a coincidence.

"Whatever. Anyway, I'm gonna tell you about it." 

Good Lord, no. About 5 times a week, Chanyeol would disclose "heated dreams" with Beakhyun. It didn't make him uncomfortable, they were both adults and friends, but he was honestly worried at the lack of normal dreams - and even nightmares - that his roommate was having.

"You were there-"

"Hm." If he was drinking his coffee, Beakhyun probably would've chocked on it. But he physically seemed unfazed. What's happening!?

"I know right. I don't remember what happened before this started, but I guess that doesn't matter. Anyway, we were in the kitchen, not doing anything productive. We were just dancing."

Oh no.

"Not like regular dancing, you know, like how we goof around. We danced with each other. Like hands clasped, bodies less than inches apart. It was fast at first, but then we slowed down. There wasn't any music either, we were kind of just laughing and talking nonsense. I pulled you closer. You head was on my chest and my cheek in your hair."

Chanyeol's walking began to slow down. "After a while, we stopped and pulled away - just a little, enough so that I could see all of you. Just your left eye, your cheek- it was so pink, and the corner of your lips. It felt like they were calling me, and you were so close. It was like I needed to be so close to you. So I kissed you. And you let me. I couldn't stop. I needed you even closer."

...I can't believe this.

"I put you on top of the counter and you wrapped your legs around me. Everything about you was just so soft and light, like air. But I needed even more. I picked you up and walked towards my room. In an instant, we were on my bed, taking our clothes off. I kissed every part of you; from your cheeks, neck, and shoulders, to your chest, stomach, and thighs. I couldn't get enough of you - not until I had you inside of me, or the other way around. You felt so warm and you were shaking. Right before I took you into my mouth-"

No no no no no no no no-

"My goddamn alarm went off and I couldn't go back to sleep. Isn't that a ? I swear most of my dreams never let me get to the good stuff."

Baekhyun was horrified. Deeply horrified. How had Chanyeol had the exact same dream as him? Down to the letter. Maybe he could just read his mind. Maybe it was just a very very large coincidence. Yes. A coincidence. Maybe if I just nod and respond casually, he won't suspect a thing. "That is...crazy." He couldn't look him in the eyes.

They were approaching the bus stop with the bus in sight coming down the road. Chanyeol put his hand around Baekhyun's waist, making him jump not so slightly. He got next to his ear and whispered, "So, tell me, how was it for you?" He let him go and walked a little fast to the bus stop as others were getting on the bus that had just arrived. 

Baekhyun was glued to the spot Chanyeol left him in for a moment, his face red with embarrassment and his mind filled with questions. He snapped out of it and ran to the bus to catch up to his roommate. He got in front of Chanyeol and said, "It was hot."


 

 

 

A/N: Yeah, I came up with this just today. Thought it was cute. Hope you liked it.