Epilogue

A World to Believe In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~EPILOGUE~



…4 years later…


Tzuyu finally got her vocal degree and got loads of letter of recommendations from many music productions, however she had certain attention to this place. Minatozaki productions was the only place she had been aiming ever since she got into college. She was very happy she received a letter inviting her for an interview and she accepted it without leaving having a second thought. She dressed up formally and went for the interview with the record producer at the building along with other executives of the company. They asked her series of questions and they seemed to be quite interested in her, which gave Tzuyu a good sign of being accepted.

“Chou Tzuyu is it? We’ve read through your profile and resume and we’re truly interested to consider you one of our contracted artists.”

“Yes.”

“Therefore, we would want you to meet one of our music composer team before the decision will be made. I will give your contacts to them and they will contact you as soon as possible.”

“Thank you very much sir.”

The interview wasn’t that long but Tzuyu was terribly nervous with it and wished that she left a good impression with them. She went back home after the interview and decided to take a break from her frustration. Deciding to stay home and take a break from the intensity from her college.
 

-

 

~RING~


It didn’t take that long until a ringtone went off on her phone notifying an incoming email. It was from one of the music composer from Minatozaki Productions that contacted her for a meeting with her. She read the email and the details regarding the appointment were written in detailed. However, it was apparently the same day as her biggest appointment of her life ever.

“W-Wait…don’t tell me it’s—!”

She wished not to believe it and decided to rush to her room to check this letter she received a week ago. She dug through the box of letters and finally found the one she was looking for. It was the letter she received from her…from Minatozaki Sana. She quickly opened it up and read it without waiting.

 

To Tzuyu,
I’ll be coming to Seoul with my dad~! We’re coming for some business and I’ll be free this Friday for meet up…can we? I miss you; I want to see you so much… I hope you’re free? Please contact me with my dad’s number I wrote in the attached note. Can’t wait to see you again! I love you. ^^
Minatozaki Sana
 


This Friday…it’s also the same day she had an appointment with one the music composer from Minatozaki Productions. It was one of the most important appointments of her life and ironically, it landed on the same day as the day Sana would be in Seoul. It’s been 4 years since the last time they met and only they had been exchanging letters but it would take so long each time for it to arrive to the other one since Sana left in an isolated island from Seoul Metropolis.

“Why… why does it have to be like this?”

Tzuyu was grieving over this dilemma. Sana was just as equally important to her life and this appointment with Minatozaki Productions would determine her life career as well. She needed to make a choice, and for certain she needed to abandon one of the choices. Either choice she makes, it would devastate her for certain…she really did take her time thinking through it despite knowing what decision she would make in the end.

“Why is time being so mean like this again…separating us both…and preventing us from meeting each other again…”

She wanted to curse how fate constantly separated her and Sana apart. She must not lose hope and kept on charging forward with the smile. If Sana were to see her right now, she would be encouraging Tzuyu to smile and don’t lose hope. That’s what they promised 4 years ago…she remembered it well, and she will never break it as long as a part of her heart was with Sana.

“…I will always wait for you. Please, come find me already… I miss you, Sana.”
 

-



She didn’t reply back to Sana until now, and tomorrow was the day that the older girl asked her out to meet. It was the first time Sana was in Seoul and yet…she might not be able to meet her because of this crucial life career. She stared at her phone and with Sana’s father’s number on the table and it was almost 10pm. She needed to respond back to her for confirmation, but she didn’t know what she should say to not hurt her. It had been 4 years, the first time Sana came over, and she had to refuse to meet her despite it was the same day as her appointment with Minatozaki Productions.

“I need to tell her…I have to.”

She finally gathered enough courage to type a text back to Sana to decline the meet up with her. The moment she placed her cellphone down onto the couch beside her, she couldn’t help for her eyes to be teary. She missed Sana, and she wanted to meet her so badly and more than anything else…this was the worst nightmare she could’ve ask for in her life. This felt more devastating than when her friend betrayed her and destroyed everything she had.

“Sana…I’m so sorry, I’m really sorry.”

She decided to call it a day and sleep early. It would be a tough day tomorrow since it was one of the important days of her life. She didn’t know what would happen but…the appointment was at the 4-star hotel in Seoul metropolis 8pm at the restaurant on the top floor. The time and location didn’t gave her such a good vibe at all, she felt rather unsafe…
 

-



The next morning, Tzuyu did get up earlier before her alarm went off. It wasn’t because she was stressed but she was still deeply affected from rejecting Sana yesterday night. By the time she dressed up and did everything else to be ready for the important day today, she saw a notification message on her phone…and it was from Sana’s father’s number. It must’ve been Sana that replied back to her.

[Ahhhh…Don’t worry about it. I’m so happy you got an interview at Minatozaki Productions!! You can do it Tzuyu~ we can always meet up other time right? Do your best! I love you, always~]

Sana would always tell Tzuyu every time that she loves her in the letter. That always gave her the strength to go through each tough day ever since she returned back to Seoul. The only thing she regretted was that she never got the chance to hear those words coming out from Sana’s lips at all, well she didn’t have the chance to tell it to her too. She clutched onto her necklace tightly and kept it behind her clothes to hide it, since it doesn’t match with her formal clothes today.

“I’m going off now mom.”

“Have a good day Tzuyu! Don’t forget to send some news about the interview!”

“I will.”

Tzuyu went out from her house and decided to drop by to meet with Mina, one of her best friends since high school. Right now, Myoui Mina was dating with Chaeyoung and they were living together in the apartment they rented. Gladly, Mina was doing her honors year in her college so she actually was staying back home most of the time doing her research paper. It’s been quite a while since they meet up too, might as well catch up. She finally arrived at Michaeng’s room and pressed on the doorbell before she heard a footstep inside… that was when the door opened for her and the long raven-haired lady came to welcome Tzuyu.

“Chewy! It’s been a long while isn’t??”

“Hehe, it seems you’re doing good to Mina-unnie. May I come in?”

“Oh please do.”

As they walked in into the apartment, Mina brought tea and some snacks for her friend at the living room while they had a talk with each other. It seemed something was in Tzuyu’s mind and that was the reason that led her here to this place. Mina could tell and she was concerned about her.

“What’s the matter?”

“Well…I got an interview with Minatozaki Productions.”

“W-Wow! That’s amazing!!! I don’t see it as anything bad?”

“It’s not the interview. I have to meet up with the music composer…and it’s at the hotel….yeah.”

“Ah.”

Mina got what Tzuyu meant and realized the possible danger that could happen. They don’t want to be pessimistic and jinx it to happen, but Tzuyu needed to stay cautious with the possibility that she could be forced to go on bed to secure her spot in the company. Apparently Tzuyu did not know whether the composer is male or female, and so she didn’t want to make any assumptions yet. She would be meeting at the hotel at 8pm and it was just…dangerous.

“Can’t you change the time?”

“It’s the only time the composer is free from work…they say that’s the fastest they can do.”

“Uh, I see…so what do you think?”

“I was here to ask you if something happen I’ll contact you as soon as possible. The hotel that I have to go to is right at the corner from here as well.”

“Sure, I’ll make sure to have Chaeyoung around here so she can charge in to save you.”

“Haha, thanks Mina-unnie. ”

At least Tzuyu was well aware with the consequences that could possibly happen. If she were to be in danger, she wouldn’t care about rejecting Minatozaki Productions offer either. As she had grown up already…she also had this stupid lame ideal thing about wanting to lose her first time with the one she loved…and she had kept it until now only for her Minatozaki. However, she needed this job and wanted to become a singer. She needed to take risks, if not then she wouldn’t get the glory. She decided to stay with Mina for the time being until the time of her appointment… however she was terribly upset being unable to meet with Sana. So she actually decided to call for her and at least she wanted to hear her voice. She hoped Sana would pick up the call. She stood out at the balcony and did a call, but there was no reply on the other side. The dial ended with asking Tzuyu to leave a voice message and she decided to say something before she hung up the call.

“…Sana, I’m sorry. It’s unfortunate, I’m really sorry. I really want to meet you too. I miss you…I really do.”

She ended the call and hoped the message would arrive on Sana’s side. She hoped to get a reply before the meeting, but apparently it didn’t happen…it was about time she had to leave Mina’s apartment and headed over to the hotel that she would meet with the music composer according to the appointment.
 

-



She went up to the top floor where the restaurant was. She received a message from an unknown number and apparently it was so formal that it caught her attention. At least the addressing topic said ‘Minatozaki Productions’ which allowed her to know it was an official message. The message was from the music composer that was heading over to meet with her. He apologized for being late because he got into traffic and would arrive in about 15 minutes. Also, he offered to pay her for everything tonight as his apology for dragging her out in the middle of the night like this. After reading the message, Tzuyu felt more relaxed and it seemed the music composer was a good person and has nothing to worry about. He was considerate for Tzuyu, but she couldn’t let her guard down yet. Danger always happens when one lowers their guard down.

“I guess I’ll have a soft drink in the lounge.”

She went to sit in the sky lounge alone and ordered a soft cocktail drink while waiting for her composer to come. At least she had music and the beautiful night scenery from the top to entertain her while waiting. While watching the lights of the metropolis from the glass wall, it was beautiful in a way but it’s not her favorite.

The twinkling lights reminded her of the sea of stars back during her high school fieldtrip. She recalled the night she watched the stars together with Sana at the beach. While she allowed her mind to be drifted off in the sea of memories, it didn’t take that long until she received another message from him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter