2nd Day

A World to Believe In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had a dream…a very weird dream. Yet…it felt so peaceful to me. I was at this wide beach in the middle of the night. The sea breeze tackled my body and I could see stars everywhere in the sky.

It was shining brightly and I felt utterly calm just staring at it. I wonder why…I felt sentimental about this place. It’s like I’ve been here before…?

Eh?

I heard someone calling me from behind. The moment I turned, I saw that warm comforting smile…it felt like a strong surge of relief within my heart. I’m so happy to see this person…I felt so complete with that person close by to me… but before I knew who it was, everything faded away into darkness.
 

-///-



Early in the morning everyone had their breakfast before headed down to the lobby before joining up with the other group of students in another hotel. They had gathered up at the plaza area of the island first and the teachers had to make sure all students were present there. After they had gathered up everyone, Tzuyu was obviously standing with her roommate and sighed before this boyish looking girl came up to them.

“I was looking for you! Everyone’s waiting over there Mina.”

“Ah, I see. It will be nice if you join us as well Ms. Chou.”

Mina turned to Tzuyu and she only made an eye contact back at her. However, it was obviously expected that the tall raven-haired girl would refuse the offer but before she could do it…an unexpected guest had come in to join the conversation.

“That’s amazing~ Let’s go together!”

Tzuyu could feel those hands on her shoulder and that familiar voice from behind. She moment she turned her face she could see that energetic eyes so close to hers. She couldn’t help but to be surprise with that sudden appearance.

“Y-You again??”

“Oh! You’re that person at the dinner yesterday!”

The boyish girl exclaimed with surprise and smiled towards Sana. She seemed to remember Sana from helping the dinner last night. That youngster smiled back and stared back at her before a smile appeared across her face. She introduced herself to everyone and that she was also the head chief’s daughter as well.

“Oh nice~ I’m Son Chaeyoung, nice to meet you.”

She extended her hand out and Sana shook her hand immediately. The boyish girl welcomed the Minatozaki youngster easily and it seemed they were able to get along quite well due to their similarity in their personality. They both always smiled and loved having fun.

“Oh right, good morning Chewy~”

“Get off from me…”

“Let’s join with Chaeyoung’s group. It’s going to be loads of fun~”

Sana kept talking and Chaeyoung seemed to take a liking of her enthusiasm. Therefore, she decided to ask Sana whether she wanted to join their group as well or not. Obviously, there was no way that Sana would refuse that. She smiled out of content and held firmly on Tzuyu’s shoulders.

“I’m in! Today is a special day as well, it’s going to be real cool.”

“But I’m not—”

“C’mon, let’s go Chewy!”

Sana gave her a nudge and push Tzuyu along the path. In the end, she was dragged to join in with Mina and Chaeyoung with other students that were waiting for them. Tzuyu could’ve refused to do so but it was just too late. An innocent islander, who seems to enjoy meddling with her life, dragged her into this mess. Sana had been sticking with her ever since the first day they met…and she wondered when would this kid stop.
 

-



Sana just simply joined in with Chaeyoung’s group and other students in the group seemed to have interest in this youngster so much. They kept asking about the younger’s life and general questions like how they would talk to a new friend. As they finally reached their destination, at the front of this humongous shrine, it was decorated elegantly with colorful colors everywhere. There were stalls everywhere along the footpath as well as everyone was well prepared for the students’ arrival. Tzuyu’s eyes drifted around as she was appreciating the beauty of the shrine itself silently to herself until Sana suddenly held her hand gently. She flinched and turned over to her immediately and witnessed that genuine smile coming from her innocent face.

“Let’s go in, and I’ll tell you about this annual festival of ours.”
“…”

Before she could respond, Sana pulled forward to catch up with others that went ahead of them. Since it was early in the morning she wasn’t able to respond to this but she didn’t pull her hand away from Sana…she wasn’t disgusted by the physical contact with the youngster.

“It’s a 5-days festival. It’s the longest and the best festival ever.”

The youngster told the taller girl the whole story about the festival was based on. There was a legend behind the story with how the god of sea taught how people should have faith and hope in their hearts. The sky would be showered with countless stars symbolizing hopes of each individual and every single year the sky would be covered with stars for 5 days straight. There was no single year that this phenomenon has not happen. Today would be the first day and Sana was terribly excited with this. Tzuyu could tell she was looking forward to it so badly.

“You seem to be happy with this.”

Tzuyu spoke up after Sana had finish telling the story regarding the festival here. The younger only smiled and look up into the sky. No one knew what that smile meant at all.

“…Because I want you to see it.”

“Huh?”

“I want Chewy to see the sea of stars.”

Instead of her usual childish voice, it was a calm and mature tone. It made her mind stumbled slightly as she was witnessing a complete different image of Sana. As if she wasn’t her usual self at all. She suddenly gave Tzuyu a nudge on the shoulder to push her forward. The moment the raven-haired girl turned around, she saw that usual lively smile across that childish face.

“Everyone’s waiting, let’s go.”

She didn’t have the chance to respond back and Sana kept pushing Tzuyu towards where Mina and others were grouping. As soon as they joined up they went around and enjoyed the festival feels in this huge shrine area. There were loads of food stalls, souvenirs and games everywhere. There was also a dancing show as well. Sana always made sure that she was with Tzuyu and made her get involved with Chaeyoung and others. It allowed other students to approach Tzuyu and talk to her for once after they never had the chance to. Little by little, their perspective towards Chou started to change. She wasn’t actually that cold-hearted as people kept saying…she’s just normal like anyone else but more introvert.

“Ms. Chou, please do have some.”

One of the girls in Chaeyoung’s group came up to her and offered a snack she bought from a stall. Obviously, the tall raven-haired girl wasn’t expecting this and it seemed she was insisting to give it to her as well. It made Tzuyu sighed softly and realized she shouldn’t refuse her.

“T-Thanks.”

“No problem! Ah right, I haven’t introduced myself haven’t I? I’m Kim Dahyun, just call me Dahyun.”

“Alright, thanks Dahyun-ssi.”

“It taste good isn’t? So much better than at Seoul…”

It seemed they were able to get along well than they thought and the warmth accumulated in her heart once again. It’s a nostalgic feeling. It’s been so long since she enjoyed this warmth with being with everyone. While they were walking around, they came across this fortune telling stall and got very interested in it. It was one of the most popular tourist things ever on this island. There was a fortuneteller that gave such perfect prediction that allowed bringing fame and she would always have her face hidden all the time. No one knew how she looked like and knew only that was a woman. Majority of the girls were in line as they were interested in their love teenage life, but it seemed Tzuyu wasn’t keen for it at all.

“That’s surprising that you’re not interested in these things unlike others.”

“I don’t believe in destiny.”

“Hmm~ I see.”

Sana just stood there with a smile right beside her and she couldn’t shake this curiosity out of her mind. Since both of them were standing alone while others were waiting to get in line the with the fortune teller, and so Tzuyu decided to speak up in order to clear out her curiosity.

“…Why are you doing this?”

“Hm?”

“Like…Uh…”

“You mean as, why am I here with you right?”

“…”

Sana only smiled and crossed her arms in front of her chest. Tzuyu didn’t need to say anything much for Sana to understand what she was saying. She did not make an eye contact with her and just continued where she left off before the taller one would die out of curiosity.

“It’s just so simple that I want to see your smile.”

“H-Huh?”

“…You’re very gentle and pure, yet you’re pushing everyone away from you. Some old scars can be so deep that can everlastingly traumatized one from being themselves.”

Tzuyu’s eyes shot up widely in shock. She’s stunned and speechless with what Sana uttered. She literally saw through her completely. This stranger spoke as if she knew everything about her and it’s creeping her out. She never told anyone that she’s trying to push herself away from people…and never ever there would be a chance she would tell anyone about her past that traumatized her until now. That scar that was left from the past incident was still there, and it was making her heart aching every now and then.

“…That sadness doesn’t fit you at all. I want to see you smile and that’s my wish.”

“Y-You—”

“I don’t know about your past obviously, but it must be painful…right?”

Tzuyu was lost of words and didn’t know how to respond to that. It felt as if Sana was able to see through her completely and this silence was only between the two of them. She stared at her without blinking until Sana turned to look at her with those calm eyes. She doesn’t look like a child at all; it felt as if…Tzuyu was actually witnessing the real side of Sana.

“Sana! So you’ve been here all the time?? The head priest has been waiting for you to come by.”

This mysterious lady rushed up to both girls and talked in a huffed tone. It seemed she had been running around the whole place and looked for Sana for this whole time. It seemed the young girl wasn’t prioritizing what she should do today since she actually had a job to do at the festival.

“Oh? Okay~ I’ll definitely drop by to see him.”

“By the way, I thought you would be helping out the fortune telling booth. You’re the famous fortuneteller here on this island! Right now Irene is doing the job instead.”

“Huh??”

Tzuyu flinched and diverted her eyes to Sana immediately. She only smirked with that soft chuckle at Tzuyu before turned back to the older woman in front of her. That short Minatozaki was actually the famous fortuneteller of the island and the person that the students wanted to ask for their love life.

“I’m sorry~ but I want to be with my friend.”

“Your friend?”

The older woman turned to Tzuyu and realized that Sana was spending her time with this student right beside her. She seemed to have a surprised face on her before she nodded softly without saying anything further. Before she left she told Sana that the priest wanted to speak to her and asked her to meet him today. The woman slowly glanced over to Tzuyu before she decided to head to move to work, while Tzuyu was still dumbfounded with many things that just popped up. Regarding Sana reading her like a book and being the famous fortuneteller of this island.

“Uh…so you’re the famous—?”

“Shhh…It will be crazy if anyone knows that.”

Tzuyu couldn’t believe her eyes that the dorky Minatozaki was actually the famous fortuneteller of this island that her classmates were crazy about. Then it wasn’t so surprising anymore that she was able to see through Tzuyu so easily. It was by her powers? However, Tzuyu was wondering whether it existed or not…those kind of supernatural powers still sound quite unrealistic.

“Does it really exist? Those kind of super powers…”

“It is your choice to believe in it or not. It can be the truth in my world, but not in your world.”

“Huh?”

“…Aside from the head priest of this temple, no one can see the world I see. So the truth of my world will never be the same as your world. You can say like we live in two different worlds as well.”

The raven-haired student was left dumbfounded with such a philosophical talk from the shorter girl. It was just contradicting with her naïve appearance so much. However, she felt such a heavy weight on each word Sana uttered to her and she realized that she shouldn’t take it lightly.

It was about time everyone was done with each person’s fortunetelling with Sana’s substitute since she ditched her job to be with Tzuyu. It was about time for the opening of the festival at the front of the actual shrine where the priest was standi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter