;- 01 I messed up.

You Are My Delusion

;- 01 I messed up. 

"Good Morning Surae!! You look as beautiful as always." 

"Hey Surae, do you want to go out with me after school for lunch?"

"Morning Surae, do you need my help to bring your bag to class?"

 

A common occurance everyday at school for Park Surae. All she could do was mutter countless of "No, thank you." , "Its okay" , "I'm busy" or just her shaking her head and forcing out a smile. After trying to avoid everyone she could possibly meet, she frantically looked around to find her best friend, Hyerin. Once she found her, she immediately went straight for her.

 

"Help me again please." She muttered while hooking her arms with Hyerin. Hyerin sighed and nodded her head before walking to class together. Hyerin gave anyone who wanted to approach Surae a glare to warn them to stay away. This was the reason why people thought that it was weird for them to be best friends despite being polar opposites. Surae was an gentle and warm angel while Hyerin was a fierce and emotionless "tyrant". But only Surae knows that Hyerin just wants to protect her whenever she can.

 

Standing right outside of their class, Hyerin took the chance to advice Surae.

"I can't always be here to protect and help you. You ought to start helping yourself." Hyerin said with an emotionless expression and sighed right after.

"What can i do.." Surae looked down as she realised that this conversation has taken place many many times with no results.

"You could get a fake boyfriend so all these boys will stop approaching you, thinking that they have a chance with you." Hyerin said casually as if its normal. She must really watch alot of k-dramas, anime and romantic comedies to think the plan is normal.

"That's just ridiculous Hyerin... I can't play someone's feelings as if its just a game." 

At this moment, Hyerin and Surae heard a table fell on the floor. Surae jumped up in surprise. 

"You should really get yourself a real boyfriend if all these trouble you so much." Hyerin said straight into her face.

"You know, i can't really..." Surae muttered once again when the image of him appeared in her mind.

Hyerin sighed, knowing the reason, "But how are you going to solve this then? Even if you tell them you are not interested, they still will not give up you know." 

"Obviously i know that." Surae said, defeated.

"Well after this, i'm still up for that option." Hyerin kissed her on the temple before leaving behind a confused and conflicted Surae.

 

--------------------------------

"Everyone get to class right now!" The Discipline master walked around the school hall shouting at students who were taking their own sweet time. School day has officially started. 

 

Surae took her seat at the 2nd last row right next to the window. She loves her seat because she could always stare out at the basketball court to look at someone. Someone... Should i do it?  Should i just do it...

She remember her last encounter with Mingyu yesterday before leaving the school. He told her to drink more water and get more rest because she looked really pale. While others, just assumed it was her pale beauty and constantly complimented her for it. Snow White huh... Mingyu never follows what everyone else thinks. Is that good or bad?

Regardless of the answer, she smiled secretly to herself. She is contemplating whether to do the hardest thing of her life. Confessing to Mingyu, her 4 year-old crush that she has never once revealed to anyone, except for Hyerin who knows practically everything about her.

Kim Mingyu, her school's pride when it comes to Basketball. His good looks aside, he is acknowledged as the player who brought the school basketball team to the championships. He is adored because he is extremely, extremely and EXTREMELY humble. He is not the type to play around with girls, heck he didn't even have a girlfriend once despite being confessed to by many girls. He rejected all of them without any other reason other than, "Thank you but i kindly decline." It was rumoured that he likes someone who was from his childhood and that crush has never buldge at all. 

I should just do it. It is now or never. Surae would never think of doing what she was about to do but it was because of Hyerin constant prompts. I rather try to get a real boyfriend instead of playing with someone. Fake dating? It just seems ridiculous. 

 

-------------------------------

 

Surae ran around the whole school in search of Mingyu and ended up in school's gym. "Gyu!" She called out the usual nickname she always had for Mingyu, and in no time, Mingyu perked up at her voice and turned around. He left the weights on the floor and wiped his face with his towel. "Yes sunshine?" He smiled brightly, oblivious towards Surae tensed up body.

 

This is scary. I haven't even told Hyerin my plans yet. What am i doing here? Surae contemplated about her life existance for 1 second. 

"I have something to ask you."

Mingyu frowned at Surae's seriousness and replied, "Yeah? Do you need help with homework or something? Are you okay?"

Shaking her head, she gulped and took a deep breathe before speaking her mind.  "Mingyu, will you go out with me?" Surae clasped her hands behind her back as she bowed down, her eyes too, were closely shut. She shoke consistently as she waited for his response. Countless possible scenarios ran through her mind during the moment of silent. She thought that Mingyu might be too shock to the extent to speak, maybe even apologise because.... he has a girlfriend?? Nope, she thought and pushed it away inside her mind, that's not possible. Mingyu said he's not interested in anyone not much earlier.

 

"Sure." Surae eyes shot open and widened as she stood up straight. Her heart was beating too fast, 'hearts could beat this fast? i feel like im going to die what is this feeling? is this happ-'

 

"I will help you, leave it to me." Mingyu ended with a huge reassuring smile.

 

Surae smiled died down. "What?" Was all she could say.

"I said leave it to me! I will make sure no other boys will harrass you anymore. Glad you decided to find a reliable person like me." Mingyu said and laughed. He seem to take notice of Surae's confused expression and realized something.

"Oh i'm sorry, i actually accidentally overheard your conversation with Hyemi. No wonder you look so out of state right now." Redness were climbing onto his cheeks which showed that he was embarrassed of his actions.

Before she could reply, Mingyu checked his phone and said, "I have something important to attend to, i will message you later ok! Bye!!" He winked and left, leaving poor Surae behind.

 

Oh no. I messed up. There goes my courage.