II. I'll be you crying shoulder

I Love You Still, I Always Will

 

He’s doing a great job at it, seeing that he’s come all this way to Yixing’s apartment without shedding a single tear.

Yixing said something about taking a call and to make himself at home. Junmyeon didn’t answer, he’s also been gritting his teeth the whole time. As if the action is the key to releasing the embarrassing tears from his eyes.

Yixing's apartment hadn't changed. The couch is where Junmyeon remembers it to be, facing the wide glass windows. He was the one who set that up, telling Yixing that instead of the repetitive and insulting news, they should watch the sun instead. And when it had set, how the city lights light up one by one.

Those were the days when they could actually do that.

Perhaps Yixing still does it now that Junmyeon hasn't been around.

He walks to the bar that Yixing still have. He knows which alcohol is placed where and goes straight to prepare himself a scotch. Yixing did say he should make himself at home.




 

"I don't want any articles about Junmyeon tomorrow, the next day after that, or even next week. Especially not from that Rita.”

”You don't have to tell me, Xing.”

”Junmyeon...” Yixing trails off and sighs. ”I told him, I promised him nothing’s going to happen and yet...”

”Don’t beat yourself on it, Xing. We all knew Rita is vile.”

”That’s the problem, Jongin. We all knew. And yet we didn't do anything about it.”

”We didn't expect that from her though, to disrespect Sir Junho like that.” Yixing could hear Jongin's distaste from the other end of the line.

”At least now, we all know to always think the worst of her. I wish we could entirely erase her in existence.”

”We all do. But that's beyond us as of now. We could, however, stop whatever she'll try to publish.”

”That’s good.”

Yixing wishes they had this much power years ago. They could have prevented a lot of pain from happening.

He hears someone bang on his door, followed by Junmyeon’s sudden stumble in his room. The man has a glass of what Yixing would think is scotch. His eyebrows twitch.

”That’s all, Jongin. I have to take care of other… situations right now.” That situation meaning is seeming to be drunken Junmyeon.

Yixing settles his phone by the bedside table and rounds his bed to reach Junmyeon. He holds him by the elbow and reaches for the glass on his other hand. He sniffs on the glass and confirms it to be scotch. He immediately sets it aside.

”Why would you drink scotch, Junmyeon? You know you can't handle scotch.”

Junmyeon snickers and hangs his head to the side. ”I can't handle a lot of things, Xing. And yet, here we are!” He throws his arms to the sides and lets them fall on his thighs.

Yixing hates the resignation and bitterness in Junmyeon.

Slowly, Yixing slides his hands in Junmyeon’s face so he can cup him tenderly. He exhales the breath he's been holding when Junmyeon doesn't step away from his touch. Yixing looks into those grief filled eyes and he sees the tears that have been wanting to spill since earlier on.

He couldn't help himself. ”Come here, love.” He pulls Junmyeon by his nape and his waist until Junmyeon has his head on his shoulder and inside his embrace.

”What are you doing?” Junmyeon asks him without moving an inch, voice muffled on his shirt.

Yixing doesn't answer. He holds Junmyeon tighter instead.

”I asked you what you're doing, Yixing.”

Yixing can feel Junmyeon gripping hard on his polo shirt by his hips. ”It’s just me, Jun. You don't have to keep it from me.”

 


Junmyeon hears Yixing. He takes it in, lets the words enter his ears and travel through his entire being until they envelope his heart.

His heart constricts with pain and then it beats. With its beat comes his shaking. It starts with the spasm of his lungs, next is his arms and the fingers that grips on Yixing, up to his knees, until it feels like he couldn't hold himself upright.

Yixing holds the breaking man in front of him.

Junmyeon sobs and wails on Yixing’s shoulders as he relies on him to embrace him and refrain him from shattering into pieces. He cries his ugliest sobs and he didn't care if Yixing sees him or not. He takes this moment to be selfish and think only of how he feels.

 

 

Junmyeon feels it when Yixing started to pull him. It was an awkward shuffling between the crying man and the shoulder he’s crying on. And then, Yixing sits on his bed and he’s dragging Junmyeon along with him. Junmyeon wanted to resist but he’s not done crying just yet. He doesn’t think of the consequences, or what this action may entail. All he’s been thinking about is how much hurt and how he’s left alone now.

He lets another moment of weakness pass by him and he’s sitting by Yixing’s lap.

“I’m here, I’m here.” Junyeon hears Yixing’s whispers and that’s the last thing he’s conscious of.

The next time he opens his eyes, he can feel the duvet covering him and Yixing slowly escaping from his embrace.

“Where’re you goin’?” He asks in a croaked voice.

“I’ll get you some water and aspirin. You’ll have a headache later on.”

Junmyen slips into unconsciousness once again as he lets go of Yixing’s sleeve.

He didn’t plan on staying long. He didn’t plan on being a burden. But Yixing’s bed feels too warm and comforting, much like it’s owner.

 

He wakes up again when the sun has set and Yixing is closing the blinds on his bedroom windows. The other man must have heard him shuffle because he immediately went to his side and offered him the water and medicine that he got hours ago.

“Do you want to eat?”

Junmyeon shakes his head and lays down as soon as he gulped his water. Once again, Junmyeon has fallen asleep.


 

Yixing sits by the side of his bed, just staring at Junmyeon. His ex-lover who ran away from him years ago.

Sure, they had a clean break. But Junmyeon didn’t have to move miles and miles from the city and his family. But that’s what Junmyeon did. Young and naive, they thought it wouldn't work. It was either Yixing who has to go or Junmyeon.

So Junmyeon ran.

Yixing, however, did not take it against him, not once, not ever.

He did his best to search for his ex-lover. Mr. Junho beat him to it but he said, we should let him, Yixing. Let's just wait for him to comeback.

Each day, Yixing tried so hard to stop himself from driving to Junmyeon and beg for him to comeback. But from a distance, Yixing saw how Junmyeon slowly started to have a new life without him in it.

But now that he has Junmyeon in his life again, would it be too selfish to ask for another chance?

Yixing still loves Junmyeon. But does Junmyeon still love him too, or has time and space completely done its part?