CH 3 : Had to Trust

You Who I Trusted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ga In admitted that her father is living a much better life than her. Her mother might had risked everything to be paid handsomely as an investment advisor, but that however did not compare to her father who’s a president of a multi-billion profited company. Ever since she entered the house she couldn’t even lift a single finger as her father’s maid was tending her on everything. She felt uncomfortable how they kept on addressing her as Young Lady and asked them to address her normally by her name but they refused as her father asked them to do so. She fully understood her father’s intention ; to make her feel that she belong there in the house, that everything there is hers as well. But what he didn’t know is that no place had ever felt home to her.

“Ouch stop it Pafu,” Ga In said when the Samoyed kept on tugging her clothes as she lied down on the couch, reading some random books she found on the shelves. She would occasionally check her phone for any text from her mother ; none. She sighed before lifting the Samoyed up, placing the huge, fluffy white dog next to her. Pafu was just a little puppy found in the street. Whining in the cold weather, the Samoyed kept himself warm in a Japanese Cream puff box. Her dad took him home and Ga In personally named him ‘Pafu’ for the warmth of the box gave him in the street. She remembered how excited she was back then when he decided to adopt it.

“We meet again huh?” Ga In ruffled his head, giving him the attention he wanted.

The big dog rolled on its back showing the belly which Ga In believed in need of rubs. Ga In found herself entertained playing with Pafu. She had never had any pet after Pafu. Her mom said that it’ll cause them difficulties moving around. She obeyed her although she felt dying to get herself a companion at home.

“Aigoo pretty Pafu,” She ruffled the dogs ears until she saw the tag hanging of his neck.

Squinting her eyes, she read the tag, ‘Miruku’ in which meant milk in Japanese.

‘He changed your name, the name I gave you,’She thought sadly.

 Ga In removed the tag and threw them under the couch angrily. She wasn’t usually this aggressive but Pafu was the only happy memory between her and her parents before her mother moved out. Just when she was about to have a good impression of her dad, he disappointed her again. She couldn’t believe it that her dad would just change the name she gave that easily, a tear slipped out of her eyes as she leant on the couch.

“Was it that easy to kick me out of his mind?” she mumbled softly.

 

 

 

*********

Kai couldn’t even sleep properly last night. He dragged himself down the stairs in his baggy pants. He could smell himself reeking of alcohol from last night drink. Illegal?  Yeah. Does it take his mind away? No. He wished to wipe her off his mind. How could she become a sugar baby? Yeah everyone could, but dear heaven why does it have to be her? Please not her. His heart begged. He let out another sigh as he could see his neighbor’s house through the huge side window.

Jeremy, he had a lot of girls. Kai had seen him going around with them a few times. But he knew him well, he only brought home special ones home. A few familiar faces he had seen and talked to ever since he moved there few years ago. Karin, the Japanese in her 30’s who’s a freaking good cook. Jihye, the younger girl who flirted with Kai a lot and Minji, the hot tempered girl who he rarely bring home.

Seeing that Jeremy brought Ga In home, she must’ve been someone special to him as well. Kai couldn’t help but think that he wanted to be in his place. He wanted to consider Ga In his special. Weird though cause he didn’t personally knew her quite that well yet. What he felt is not love. He could assure that but what he couldn’t explain is that the fact that he had been stopping himself from running over to Jeremy yesterday, punch him in the face and yelled at him for having such young girl as a sugar baby despite his age. Maybe it’s just his morality.

He needed a break from all this. His head is throbbing so hard due to hangover. Kai casually reached the top shelves for an aspirin. Too bad he only found empty bottle. Great he didn’t even remembermunching aspirin tablet while watching  boring TV shows. He slammed the glass bottle harshly on the kitchen island, injuring his hand in the process. Sitting there with his bloody hand, he looked out the window again. Something unpleasant happening in his view across his lawn causing him to got off his and walked out straight to her.

******

Ga In’s POV

“Give it to me,” I startled when I heard a familiar voice behind me. Turning around, I got up from my crouching position, facing the guy.

Kai didn’t look like how I saw him a day ago. Messy hair, bloodshot eyes and body reek of alcohol. Unlike our meeting at school which Kai smoothly flirted with me, Kai had this unfriendly look in his eyes. Like he was just a second away to hit me.  Ignoring my fears, I dared to ask

“Kai ? What are you doing here?”.

“I said give me the dog,” he replied harshly while glaring at me.

I don’t know why he insisted on having Pafu. I examined his state carefully. His hand , dripping with blood. I quickly scooped Pafu up into my arm, feeling alarmed at his state. Could it be he wanted to hurt Pafu? I’m positive that he’s still drunk. I took another step backward from him, trying to protect my beloved dog from this madman.

“Are you drunk? Did you follow me here?” I asked in fear. Could it be that he’s mad of my rejection in school. How did he even knew my dad’s address?

“Tsk, drunk?” He smirked scarily before continuing his speech.

“I don’t care if you want to around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter