CH 2 : Sickening

You Who I Trusted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ga In woke up. Head throbbing badly. “You fell in the rain honey what were you thinking?!” She sat up straight and grabbed the water on her bedside table. Her expectation came true. She’ll be scolded the first thing after waking up. Don’t get her wrong. Her mother loves her. Too much that even a cold made her worried sick and nagged all day about how she caught it.

She felt the side of her bed sank. Her mother hugged her and kissed her forehead. “You’re lucky that I got off work early today,” She whispered slowly, her tone showing how worried she was seeing her daughter went unconscious earlier.

“Was thing a little bit too much for you today?” her mom asked carefully. She shook her head almost immediately, denying what her mother might think. “I’m just tired, maybe from the long flight yesterday. You know how I used to get jetlagged,” Ga In answered.

 The last thing she wanted her mother to think is that she’s not happy with her current life. Because she might do something more ridiculous than their life right now.

“And Ga In, I’m going to Busan tomorrow for a conference. Might stay there for 3 to 4 days. You can handle that right? I’ll give you some money for grocery shopping”. There it is, the bomb. She regretted saying that she’s alright earlier.

Ga In looked away from her mom, thinking what answer could make her mom happy “I can handle it, don’t worry,” she replied. Still not looking at her.

“That’s my daughter, independent and such a honey bear,” her mother ruffled her hair teasingly with a proud smile before walking out of her room.

Ga In went under her blanket and curled into a fetal position, crying herself to sleep.

************

“Don’t you do that again Kai,” Luhan exclaimed as Kai arrived at his house. “Hop on pretty,” Jimin as he just stood by the car expressing his anger at them.

“As if you actually walked home,” Kai scoffed before giving a signal to the right, entering the road again. Fun morning to see his friends with him.

“Kim Jong ? You took my car key and told me to walk home yesterday, don’t expect me to teleport home,” Luhan argued while massaging his poor leg.

“Jimin must’ve dropped you back home right? You must’ve begged her to do so,” Kai countered in disbelieve .

“He truly walked home,” Jimin took out Luhan’s wallet and phone from her bag and waved it in the air, half laughing.

“Give me that back!” Luhan snatched his belonging from her hand. He did begged Jimin to send her home yesterday but Jimin had something else in her mind.

“I could give you a ride, but give me your wallet. You’re paying for all this,” Jimin raised her brows pointing at all the food on the table.

Luhan gave her his wallet with a wide grin and waited for Jimin to settle the bills without any suspicion. After a few minute he saw Jimin’s black Camaro leaving the restaurant swiftly.

“Damn that gal!” He exclaimed while frantically searching for his phone, which he never found as the sneaky girl had taken it together with her.

“That’s my girl Jimin,” Kai laughed so hard that he even forgot to stop at the red light causing other road users to rain him with curses. But it’s not like he cared. He go and stopped when we wanted to.

“Did you guys come together, you had a sleepover?” Luhan asked Jimin as the laughter began to cease.

Kai answered him him with a small ‘hmm-mm’. “I wonder if we’re even friend anymore,” Luhan said in a sad tone causing Kai to snicker at him. Luhan is like the only family Kai had. He knew each and everything that happened to him ever since he was a kid. He’s the only one that actually helped him got through tough time. The others were just watching him suffer by the side, only pitying or mocking him.

“Kai doesn’t like having you at his house. Cuz you’ll finish everything that he store in his fridge,” Jimin said teasing Luhan again. Jimin recalled yesterday when she arrived at his house and waited almost an hour before Kai arrive.

He got of his Maserati in soaked school attire making her wonder who’s actually walked home, Luhan or Kai.

“Why are you wet?” Jimin asked in confusion. He must’ve gone somewhere before going home, she thought. “Rain, didn’t I tell you that I’m okay just now? Why are you here?” Kai countered, demanding answer that he never wanted before when seeing her at his house.

“I just thought that you might want me here,” Jimin answered slowly, still shocked at how offensive Kai is. He gave her short answer and changed the topic almost immediately as if hiding something from her about his where about just now.

“I’m tired, just treat yourself at home. Call Luhan if you’re bored,” Kai answered coldly before making his way upstairs to his room. Jimin sat on the sofa and watched the TV until she fell asleep and woke up the next morning.

**********

Luhan could tell that his best friend is strangely anticipating Physic class today. And he’s su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter