CH 1 : Not Adapting

You Who I Trusted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ga In’s POV

“Hey, Ga In right? I’m Luna”  I looked up from my lunch towards the girl who sat next to me. “ Nice to meet you Luna,” I replied and smiled although I couldn’t bring myself to remember her in any of my class I had before lunch.

 “I heard that you made friend with Kai’s Clique, is that true ?” Luna asked excitedly. “Seriously? Right on your first day?” I turned to my left and there’s another girl with her lunch tray sat next to me. “So how was he? Nice?” “I heard Jimin gave up her seat for you,” “Well I heard they asked you to hang out,” “No, they didn’t !!” and the chattering goes on without her being involved.

Slowly the number of students flocking around me increases that I felt suffocated so I got up from the seat and throw everything on my lunch tray into the trash can. I bet they don’t even realize that I left the table as they kept on chattering about the oh-so-famous Kai Clique.

I left the cafeteria in empty stomach. Day 2 in Korea as a Korean but ironically the food doesn’t fit my taste. I should have taken the other set of meal with spaghetti. But it’s creepy how people suddenly knew my name and started talking to me like I’ve been their schoolmate since forever.

I walked to my locker and took by books, preparing to go to my next class. A note fell out of my notebook as I arrange them. “Lunch together? – Kai”

I got a Goosebumps after reading the note. Kai again. “Just who the hell is Kai?”  I said to myself.

“The handsome guy who sat next to you in physic class,” A familiar voice replied.

Kai’s POV

She lifted her head from the note to meet my eyes again. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to...” “Talk about me behind me? Or reading the note I gave you when we only have 3 minutes left for lunch?” I smiled at her clueless face. “I’m Kai btw, we didn’t get to talk a lot just now in class,” I held out one hand for her. “I see you are Kai. I’m Ga In, and I’m going to my next class,” She bowed politely but she chose to ignore my handshake before walking briskly leaving me by her locker alone. My face changed after seeing her leave.

“The heartthrob Kai got stood up by the locker?” Luhan hollered as he brought his annoying to me.

“Shut it Luhan,” Jimin shushed her with her usual stoic face. “Why are you so worked up this time? You never take any bet seriously Kai” Jimin said feeling annoyed of Luhan who kept laughing at me.

 “Is it because he doesn’t fall at your first charming word in class? Or is it because we put your Maserati on the line?” Luhan laughed again, taunting me by waving my car key in front of my face.

I remembered how she just replied “I’m not interested,” and gave me her blank look before focusing on the lesson the whole time. I admit that it’s rather embarrassing. I don’t even know why I gave her the note after what happened in class. I literally embarrassed myself twice and I can’t even be mad about it.

“This pretty gal over here even sacrificed her seat for your bet but you failed her, That’s super funny,” Luhan hollered while messing with Jimin’s wavy hair. He can’t seem to sense that Kai is about to explode in a few minute.

“Can you shut the hole in your face for a moment? I’m not in the mood,” I said, half growling at Luhan. Did she think I wanted her that much? The last thing I need in this world is a girl like her. I grabbed my car key harshly from Luhan’s hand and threw it across the hallway.

 A few students who stood at the end of the hallway gasped before looking at us. The whole area was suddenly silent. “I’ll walk home,” I said before leaving Jimin and Luhan dumbfounded.

*************

Ga In let out a huge sigh of relief after meeting the school admin. Her classes got swapped up, most importantly she wouldn’t be in the same physic class anymore. Ga In wanted to avoid Kai as much as possible. What happened in physic class earlier had drawn unnecessary attention towards her. Ga In hugged herself and leaned onto the wall, closing her eyes for self-comfort.

“This is nothing Ga In. Brace yourself,” She whispered.

 The way they tried to get involve with her is causing her a lot of discomfort. She’s never into clique or gossip girls, like ever. This is how she survived changing school so frequently, keep a low profile, don’t get too attached.

“Relax, Ga In. This is Seoul after all. There’s no way Mum’s gonna stay here forever. I’m sure she’s gonna drop her ‘we’re moving’ again in two weeks, we all know why,” Ga In spoke to her inner self.

This is the first time she felt glad that this is all temporary. “Are you going Ga In?” She could still freshly remember the look on her friends faces everytime she move back then when she’s young. Devastating. But then years by years she learnt that by laying low, nobody will know her nor remember her.

Ga In walked briskly to her locker, opened in and arranged her notes neatly in her locker. She saw the note from Kai earlier. She shutted her locker and walked out from the school. No one was around anymore.Clearly she had a lot more things to be figured out than him. She’s sure that he’s just another immature high school guy seeking for the joy of dating new kid in town. Romantic relationship? She never desire any of that in the first place. She knew that any kind of love is unrealistic, fragile and uncertain. And this guy is part of the reason why.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter