final

Kissing Partner

RBW High School is now open for new students.

 

 

Hyejin was shocked when she saw the sign in-front of her school’s gate. To say that she doesn’t like people is true, it’s not like she is introvert or something, it’s just that she hates the way people look and stare every time she walks. She just doesn’t prefer their judgmental stares every single time she will enter the school vicinity.

 

 

She sighed before entering the school and was irritated to see how many people are there. She tried remembering the times when her school was very exclusive and only the cream of the crop was allowed to enter.

 

 

“Hyejinnie! Were you not informed that there will be no classes today?” Byulyi, a friend of her shouted.

 

 

“No— “She was about to answer when Yongsun put an arm around her neck.

 

 

“Lazy , did you not check your phone again?” She and Hyejin snorted. “Isn’t it a good day?” Yongsun asked her and the approaching Byulyi.

 

 

“A very good day, indeed.” Byulyi answered.

 

 

“My other friends can finally study here and we will be together, I’ll introduce them to you, Hyegi once the classes start.” Yongsun said dreamily.

 

 

“And there will be lots of new members to our clubs!” Byulyi dreamily said, too.

 

 

“You two are hopeless.” Hyejin said as she shook her head, disagreeing.

 

 

“Whatever Hyejinnie.” Byulyi rolled her eyes at Hyejin and they both laughed at her. They know how much she dislikes interacting with people she’s not comfortable with.

 

 

Hyejin observed the surroundings, all girls are wearing the same thing, as well as boys who are desperately trying to get her attention the moment she walked in. They look all generic for her. Nothing really attracts her more than her books, honestly speaking. Girls and boys alike started swooning when they saw her.

 

 

She’s Fatal Ahn, after all.

 

 

‘Tsk.’ She mentally said to herself, trying her best not to sulk in-front of them.

 

 

She decided to sit somewhere far, where no one can notice her. It’s too tiring to go home, might as well use the free time as another time for knowledge. She saw a bench on a secluded place and was about to sit down when she noticed a girl reading a book.

 

 

She silently sits on the other edge of the bench. The girl looks like she did not notice Hyejin so she took the time to observe her. Unlike the other girls, she is wearing an over-sized shirt and denim jeans with a black Converse. Her look is rather plain, like she doesn’t want anyone to notice her presence. She has this crescent moon-like eyes and her skin looks smooth. She’s biting her lower lip and they look so soft.

 

 

“Are you staring at me?” Her trance broke when the girl beside her suddenly asked. She looked down, not wanting to see her.

 

 

“Hey, I’m asking you…” She pursued her to answer and Hyejin finally met her gaze. She looks…

 

 

“Beautiful.” Hyejin muttered and suddenly covered with her hands.

 

 

“What?” The girl asked her again. Although the girl is speaking in fluent Korean, her accent seems funny, like she is a foreigner. Hyejin just continued staring at the girl.

 

 

“Are you here to enroll?” She asked her, trying to change the topic and she nodded.

 

 

“I heard that this school is good and I just moved back from London so I don’t know something, yet.” She answered her.

 

 

“Oh, is that so?” She asked again and she nodded. Her heart racing from the excitement that she has the chance to see her again.

 

 

“Wait a minute. This is an enrollment for new students…” The girl put her finger on her chin, thinking deeply before she scooted towards Hyejin and before she knew; her face is three inches away from her. That made her flustered. “You are not a new student, are you?” She continued her question.

 

 

“N…no I—m not, I—am study…ing here.” Hyejin nervously answered and she nodded her head.

 

 

“Jung Wheein, you are next!” Someone said through the speaker and the girl stood up and started running. Before she’s completely away, she looked at Hyejin once more.

 

 

“My name is Jung Wheein. Nice to meet you!” She happily shouted at her with her weird accent as she bowed her head before running fast.

 

 

She finally disappeared from her sight as Hyejin can only stare at the spot she halted and introduced herself. She could feel the erratic pumps her heart was pumping. Butterflies crept up from her stomach all to every part of her body.

 

 

She was still dumbfounded until Byulyi and Yongsun saw her looking the direction where Wheein ran. The two looked at her weirdly because she’s been staring at space for minutes and she’s not acknowledging their presence, both trying hard not to laugh with Hyejin’s very weird expression.

 

 

“Hyejinnie, what happened to you?” Byulyi finally knocked her to her senses.

 

 

“Wheein… Wheein happened to me.” She said as she smiled at her two friends.

 

 

“You know she’s my friend, right?” Yongsun asked Hyejin and she beamed.

 

 

“Even better.” Hyejin smiled.

 

 

From the moment Hyejin saw Jung Wheein on the list of the admitted students in the school after two weeks, she became bubbly.

 

 

“Hyegi, you do know that you are totally freaking me and Byulyi out, right?” Yongsun asked her.

 

 

“What? I’ve always been this bubbly.” Hyejin laughed.

 

 

“Whatever, at least you actually learned that there is a world outside.” Byulyi sarcastically said.

 

 

“Oh, you are really funny.” Hyejin laughed again. “It’s break time, let’s go?”

 

 

They went to the canteen and it was weird that there are so many people around so the canteen was louder than usual. Hyejin was still not used to the environment but decided to shrug the irritation that started to creep in her chest.

 

 

“Guys don’t you th—? “Her voice trailed off when she saw there was no one beside her anymore. Yongsun was already seated beside Byulyi which looks like she really saved for her in a table full of people she doesn’t know. Feeling dumped, Hyejin decided to look for an empty seat in which gladly, she found.

 

 

She is in deep thought as she munches her sandwich when she felt someone nudged her shoulder.

 

 

“Can I sit here? There are no empty seats left.” She looked at the person who asked her and she went from feeling dumped to feeling dumb.

 

 

“Of course, you can sit.” She said while grinning.

 

 

“Oh! I remember you!” Wheein smiled at her as she finally recalls who she is. “The girl at the bench.”

 

 

“Yup, that is me, Jung Wheein.” She answered her.

 

 

“It’s not fair, I don’t know your name.” She pouted at her as her insides flutter at her cuteness.

 

 

“My name is Ahn Hyejin.” She reached her hand out for a handshake which she gladly took.

 

 

And that is how Ahn Hyejin and Jung Wheein’s friendship blossomed. They’ve been best of friends ever since. However, only few are actually lucky to witness the friendship that they possess. It was her choice; Wheein doesn’t want to get involve in a drama wherein Hyejin’s fans would do anything to make her miserable or that’s what she thought what would happen.

 

 

Okay, at first, their friendship was a confidential thing and the only people who know were just themselves. It was not really intentional when she suddenly blurted out her friendship with her. It happened this one night when she and Hyejin had their first fight and Wheein decided to talk to her Yongsun-unnie about it.

 

 

She decided to be very careful in telling her friend the whole story but because she really likes telling things in detail and Yongsun being a smart girl, she easily figured everything out. Who would steal the last piece of cake from Wheein’s favorite bakeshop other than a person who likes food?

 

 

“I told her that I will buy that but that stupid girl beats me to it! Now I have to wait for another week before they bake that cake again! That’s their specialty and they only make it once a week.” Wheein whined at the older girl. “She even promised me that she won’t buy it because I like it and I made her swear and she did but—how can someone do that?” She said, almost crying because she lost the last piece of the cake she loves so much.

 

 

And of course, if Yongsun knows, Byulyi knows.

 

 

“Hyejinnie… Play with me… Wheein needs a playmate…” Wheein cooed at the sleeping figure of her favorite person on the couch of the student council room. Not that they are part of it, they just asked Yongsun, who is the president for the keys so the two of them can hang out. “We still have classes, wake up.” She nudged her again.

 

 

“But I’m tired.” Hyejin said as she put her arms on a comfortable position before finally closing her eyes again, not wanting to go to their class.

 

 

“But its Calculus and I am not good at that subject.” She pouted at her.

 

 

“More like you like our Calculus teacher.” She rolled her eyes in secret jealousy.

 

 

“But I like Hyejin more.” She lay down beside her and snuggled her face to her neck. “She is my favorite person in the whole world.” She said as she hugged her tighter and she chuckled. She really knows how to get her.

 

 

“Fine, but we still have twenty minutes left so let me just sleep some more.” She said as Wheein tried to stand up but she pulled her again. “But with you right here.” She said as Wheein blushed with her sudden skinship. The two fell asleep shortly with their bodies tangled.

 

 

“This is an office not a motel.” They suddenly woke up upon hearing Yongsun’s voice.

 

 

“Wow, nice way to advice something to yourself, Ms. President.” Hyejin .

 

 

“Whatever, I told you to be careful. What if other students come in here and see the two of you?” Yongsun scolded the two of them.

 

 

“There’s no case in that, unnie. Hyejin and I are doing nothing wrong.” Wheein explained.

 

 

“Well, others have dirty minds so we should also care about the shallow-minded people who like to interfere with your relationship.” Yongsun added.

 

 

“There’s nothing to interfere, we are best-est friends.” They said in unison.

 

 

“You two are hopeless.” Yongsun rolled her eyes. “You might want to go to your next class because I don’t want people to say that I am overusing my power.” She added.

 

 

“Copy, Mam!” Hyejin saluted at her as Wheein did the same thing before laughing as they walk away.

 

 

The class ended and as usual, the two of them waited their classmates to go first before they actually went outside.

 

 

“It’s a Friday, so how about a sleepover?” Hyejin asked Wheein as her eyes lit up.

 

 

“My awesome Hyejin!” She said as they high-fived. “Pick me up at seven, sharp.” She said and she nodded.

 

 

So now, they are hanging out in her house as Wheein plops herself on the couch. It was their weekly ritual to spend a night in each other’s house. It was kind of shocking to say that their parents were not opposing to the idea. Every time Wheein goes to their house, Hyejin’s mom would prepare her favorite red velvet cake as dessert. And when Hyejin sleeps at her house, Wheein’s mom would cook her specialty for Hyejin.

 

 

“Taehyung! Oh look Taehyung is there!” Wheein squealed as her favorite member of a group called BTS starts performing. Hyejin’s silently watching as Wheein started singing along and started talking about Taehyung’s every movement and every flaw in other’s performances.

 

 

Hyejin secretly loved it when she is this hyper. She’s amused how her expressions change in matter of seconds, like for example she’s too happy when BTS appeared, then she became sad and now she’s about to cry.

 

 

“Why didn’t BTS win? Did you see how Taehyung performs? They were amazing!” She bit her lips in frustration.

 

 

“Relax Puppy, it’s just a music show.” She tried soothing her but it doesn’t have an effect. “Fine, let’s have a Disney marathon.” And that’s how she will smile.

 

 

She started giggling when the show started and Hyejin was nervous as hell to open the topic in her mind.

 

 

“Wheein-ah, I’ve been asked if I wanted to be on a play in our school.” He started.

 

 

“That’s good. What role did you get?” She asked her.

 

 

“Uh… I got the main role.” He said.

 

 

“That’s good, when will your practice start?” She asked again.

 

 

“About that…” He nervously said as Wheein finally realized that something is really bothering her. “There’s a kissing scene so I am asking if you would want to practice that with me?” He smiled at her.

 

 

“How about no? I saw you talking to Hyukwoo earlier, looks like he is your partner. Why don’t you practice your kissing scene with him?” Wheein suddenly burst.

 

 

“Hey, it doesn’t look like— “Hyejin was about to tell her everything when she suddenly stood up.

 

 

“You know what? I’m going home right now, call Hyukwoo so you can practice your kissing scene with him.” She run towards the door but Hyejin was fast enough to pull her hand and spun her around.

 

 

Wheein was frozen when she felt Hyejin’s soft lips against hers. She was stiff and so was Hyejin, this is both their first time and they both knew that. Both of them do not know what to do so they just stood there for seconds, with their arms awkwardly hanging and their lips locked.

 

 

That was when Hyejin moved her lips in slow motion, and Wheein followed. They were finding the perfect rhythm and when they found it, they both started to explore each other. Wheein was the first to open up her lips when Hyejin nibbled her lower lips and a moan escaped .

 

 

She slid her tongue inside , remembering what she tastes like and Hyejin was right. She is as sweet as a strawberry, if not, more than that. She is beyond her imagination and she’s glad she did the move.

 

 

But air is needed so they both let go. Wheein still has her eyes closed for she’s trying to remember everything and Hyejin is still figuring out what to say if she suddenly gets angry at her.

 

 

Wheein looked at her finally, and they were in a staring battle.

 

 

“There’s no other lead yet, and I did not agree on the role. Just what I told you, I’ve been asked.” He said. “And I told them I’ll ask somebody first.” He added.

 

 

“But you were talking to Hyukwoo earlier, I thought you like him!” Wheein said, masking her jealously but failed miserably.

 

 

“I like him, as a friend.” Hyejin answered.

 

 

“But why did you ask me to practice me that kiss scene?” She asked in bewilderment.

 

 

“Nothing, I just want to kiss you.” Hyejin shrugged.

 

 

“What?” She was more than shocked with her confession.

 

 

“I have always wanted to kiss you but I’m afraid I’ll ruin everything. I swear I have no plans of ruining our friendship but I just can’t handle it any longer.” She finally told Wheein what she’s been meaning to say since day one.

 

 

Hyejin was shocked when Wheein pulled her into another kiss and minutes later, she pulled away.

 

 

“So, you just want to be my kissing partner?” She .

 

 

“Nope, I want to be your girlfriend or whatever.” Hyejin answered before the two finally decided that they are finally in a relationship. “But let’s just keep this to us, for now.” Wheein said and Hyejin chuckled.

 

 

“But you’re always the one who blurts everything out.” Hyejin laughed at the pouting Wheein.

 

 

“Yongsun-unnie was just too smart, okay?” Wheein pouted her swollen lips more at Hyejin.

 

 

“Okay, okay, whatever my girlfriend says.”

 

Hyejin chuckled before capturing Wheein’s lips again.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

I’m sad because of the incident, and I know you are too so here’s something to cheer you up. I hope this can help. #protectmamamoo