[Wonha] Korean Homestay

GFriend One-shot stories

 

 

 

A letter arrived at Eunha’s apartment in Seattle. It was from her best friend Sinb. Eunha wondered what could Sinb send to her through mail knowing that she can just contact her through phone. Eunha wanted to call her at first but decided to open it.

It was not an ordinary letter. It was a wedding invitation dated 2 months after.

So, they finally get married.

Sinb was not just a best friend for Eunha, but also her family. She knew her since they were very little. They always went to the same school every time until Eunha and her family had to move to America when she was in the 2nd grade of high school. And since she moved to the other side of the world, they never met even once. Eunha continued her study at a University in America until she graduated. It was not that she didn’t get a chance to go back. But every time her parents asked her to come with them to go back for a holiday or family events, she refused it. She always made excuses. That wasn’t because she didn’t want to meet Sinb or her other friends and family, but because of a specific someone she even avoided thinking of.

This time made everything more difficult for Eunha because she promised Sinb that she will definitely go to her wedding one day, but she really didn’t want to meet that person. It was a big dilemma for her. She really missed Sinb.

Halo?

Eunha decided to call Sinb after she checked her watch. It was around 12 pm in Korea.

“Hi” reciprocated Eunha. “So, I received your invitation today. Congratulation.”

“Oh! Did it come already? Thank God! I was afraid that it wouldn’t reach you on time. But Yuna kept telling me to calm and be patient. I was worried to death, I know you need time to prepare before coming here. I even already thought of a backup plan.”

“You can just call me though.”

“Yuna said it’ll be more ‘sentimental’. Especially cause you’re important for us.”

‘Important.’ That word kept going around in Eunha’s mind for a while. Yes, it’s true that both Sinb and Yuna were also important for her. They had been dating since high school. And even for only around 2 years, they often went out together so Eunha knew Yuna quite well too. She was a very nice girl.

“Oh my god you two, I really can’t with you two sometimes...but it was an honor. You guys are important for me too.”

“That’s why you should come back. You’ve been there too long!”

“Okay, okay, I get it. I’ll be there.”

“Anyway, I gotta go. See you in two months.”

That’s it. She had no choice but to go. Otherwise, she would hurt Sinb.

While trying to focus on Sinb’s wedding and meeting Sinb and Yuna again after almost 6 years, she started to look for tickets and accommodation. Eunha didn’t like staying in a hotel, so she looked for accommodation in the Airbnb. It felt weird for her actually to search for accommodation in her home country. This would be the first time and it made her thrilled somehow. After looking around, there were some options that catch her eyes. One of them was located quite in the middle of Seoul. It was a rooftop house where there were only two rooms. One belonged to the owner and one for rent. The place was quite clean and Eunha liked the interior design and the atmosphere. The price was also quite cheap. After studying the detail of the other places, she decided to go with the rooftop one.

The owner used a gray poodle as profile picture. She thought that it was cute, she wanted to meet the dog if possible. She contacted the owner and did the payment. Because of the low price, it was non-refundable. She would stay there for 5 days. The plane tickets were booked for arrival three days before Sinb’s wedding and got back one day after it with a night flight. ‘It would be enough to catch things up with them before the wedding.’

***

Eunha took an afternoon flight and arrived at Seoul around 4:40 PM local time. Sinb offered her to pick her up at the airport, but Eunha refused because she knew during that time, she must be busy. She said to just meet her tomorrow and she would also help Sinb for whatever she could with the preparation.

She took a taxi downtown to the address written on the site. It took around 50 minutes. The driver dropped her on the side of the big road and she continued walking to the neighborhood. She seemed can’t find the place because there was no sign. She tried to call the contact number in the detail but no one answered. She was worried for a while before she saw a building with stairs to the rooftop on the side. While dragging her suitcase, she went upstairs hoping it was the right place. When she arrived at the rooftop, she could see the sign near the door.

‘Thank god. Finally.’

 She pressed the doorbell.

One ring, and second ring, there was nothing. But on the third ring, she could hear footsteps getting closer.

Someone opened the door.

“Welcome, you must be…” The owner’s eyes and Eunha met.

Eunha was very surprised to see who was the person in front of her. So was the owner.

She was the person Eunha tried to avoid the most. The person who made her not take a single step to Korea after she moved. Her ex-girlfriend. Sojung.

‘What the heck?!’

***

They were both sitting in the living room face to face.

“What are you doing here?” asked Sojung.

“If I know it was your place I wouldn’t be here.” Answered Eunha cold with her hand fold. “Why do you even accept my booking? You should know it was me.”

“You told me you moved somewhere in Europe!” defended Sojung. “I know it was weird when I saw the name, but I try not to think it was you cause your location is not Europe.”

Sojung was actually not wrong. Eunha never told her she moved to America. But it was not because she wanted to fool her. She was honestly thought Seattle was in Europe at first. She only found out after her relationship with Sojung was started to go down and she felt like she didn’t need to tell Sojung anything more.

“Why do you even go back to Korea?”

“It’s Sinb’s wedding, of course, I need to go back.”

Sojung didn’t say anything.

“Just give me my money, I’ll find somewhere else to go.”

“It’s non-refundable.”

“This is an exception don’t you think?” Eunha looked straight at Sojung.

Sojung did the same.

“Look. Even if I want to, I can’t. It’s the system. If I give you the money, I still can’t accept any guest cause It was already blocked by the system. If you want you can let go of your money or just stay.”

Eunha was thinking a lot. The sun has set, it would be hard to find a place. Plus, she was already tired. And Sojung’s dog kept looking at her.

“Since when did you have a dog?”

“Around one year and a half.”

“I thought you wanted to raise a cat.”

“I did. That’s why I came to the pet shop.” She paused. Bringing the memory back to her head. “But I saw him and he also saw me and I just know that I should take him instead.”

Eunha still couldn’t believe the fact that she was having a conversation with her ex-girlfriend in her living room when she thought of not even meeting her for the rest of her life.

Both of them really loved each other back then. They were together before Sinb and Yuna. They were inseparable. And as if the world was theirs, they didn’t care about what people said about them. About how Sojung was only using Eunha to get good grades by asking her doing Sojung tasks instead. Which was not true at all. First, they were in different schools, but both of the school areas close so rumors spread quickly. Sojung was really popular amongst both school’s student because of her stunning physical. Tall, slim, sharps nose, a good body proportion and a good fashion sense. Just like a model. Everybody wants her.  Meanwhile, Eunha was the one who even though she also has a pretty face with large eyes, clear skins, and a short hair that really suited her, but she was known more as the nerds cause she always be in the top rank of the school. Maybe because they looked like a perfect couple, a lot of people didn’t like them. Jealous.

The two of them thought that they will be together until death tears them apart. Until that day…

6 some years ago.

Sojung and Eunha were sitting in Eunha’s favorite tteokbokki restaurant. Sojung didn’t really like tteokbokki, but she will always go with her girlfriend when she wanted it.

“I’m moving.” Said Eunha all of sudden with her head down.

“Hmm?” Sojung still couldn’t grasp what Eunha was trying to say.

“I’m moving.”

“Where? To your grandma’s house?”

“My family will move to Europe in a few months.”

Sojung froze in her place.  She kept asking herself if she misheard it but looking at Eunha’s face, she was not. And that was exactly what she was afraid of. Europe is a faraway place from Korea. She thought if Eunha would only move inside Korea she could and would always come and visit her. But no, this was abroad and not even Japan or China.

“What about us?”

“I don’t know.”

Since that day, they would fight over little things. Sojung tried to convince themselves that they can do a long-distance relationship but Eunha was worried because she didn’t know when she can go back to Korea. And she was aware that it wouldn’t be easy for Sojung to visit. Eunha actually hated the fact. She asked her father to think about it again. Even begged to just leave her in Korea alone. She said she could live with other relatives. But her father won’t let her and insisted to move together there. One of the reasons her father decided to move was because he thought that Eunha could get a better education too there.

Sojung didn’t know the fact that Eunha even begged to be left alone in Korea. She only knew that Eunha didn’t seem to care about the situation. Sojung even caught going out with other people too a few times, though there was actually not much going on, she only needed a distraction for the problem that was getting too much for her. But what Eunha knew was Sojung cheated on her. Their fighting frequency increased and increased to the point where no one can’t save it anymore. So, they broke up.

It was painful for both of them. Really painful as if someone stabbed them slowly right in the heart, went deep inside and tore it open. The open wound lasted for days and weeks. Both would cry secretly when no one was looking. Their feeling for each other was still as strong as ever, yet none of them knew about it.

“So?” asked Sojung to Eunha who sat still without saying anything. “Anyway, if you decided to stay. The room is over there. That’s the kitchen. If you want to use the laundry, the detergent is not free or you can use your own detergent. The wifi password is on that placard under the TV. And this is the towel and the key.” Sojung said while putting the towel and the room key that she already prepared in the sofa beside her to the coffee table. Then she walked to her room.

“What’s your name?”  asked Eunha while patting Sojung’s dog who kept looking at her.

Not long after, her phone rang.

“Oh, halo Sinb?”

“Where are you? Have you arrived at the homestay? You could just stay at my place.”

“You know I won’t make you busier by taking care of me there, right? And yeah, I did. Don’t worry. But you’re not gonna believe it.”

“What is it?”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow.”

***

Inside each other’s room, that night.

Eunha and Sojung leaned on the bed looking straight ahead blankly. Their hearts raced like crazy. Since the first time their eyes met actually. But they tried to not show it in front of each other.

‘How come the person I met in Korea after 6 years is her? The exact person that made me hesitant to go back.’

Both were trying to act tough, to look completely fine.

How come you didn’t change a bit, Jung Eunbi...still the same exact warm eyes, still the exact delicate voice.’

‘No, she’s even prettier. She must be happy there. It’s good then.’

Both were trying to get a hold of themselves.

‘What should I do? Should I go from here? I should, right? But why do I want to stay?’

Their chest started to get heavier. Without their notice, tears started falling down.

***

Sinb and Yuna were already at the café where they agreed to meet Eunha.

“Hey, I’m sorry for making you guys wait.” Said Eunha rushing from the outside and sat in front of Sinb and Yuna. “What?” asked her when she realized her friends had been looking at her closely without saying anything.

“Why do your eyes  look puffy?” asked Yuna.

“They do?” Eunha already tried to cover it with makeup this morning hoping no one knows about it. “Maybe that’s because I gained some weight lately. Anyway, it’s been a while. I miss you guys. Can I get a hug?”

“Of course.” Sinb and Yuna who also missed Eunha hugged her right away.

“Congratulation once again.”

“You’re so mean. Why didn’t you come to even visit me?”  complained Sinb right after their body parted.

“I’m sorry Sinb. I really wanted to, but…” 

“It’s okay I know. As long as you’re okay. But what about the thing you want to tell me yesterday?”

Eunha seemed to can’t find the right word to start the story.

“The homestay is not really good? I told you to just stay at my house. Or I can find you another place.”

“Right.” Added Yuna.

“No, that’s not it. Do you know that Sojung runs a homestay now?”

Sinb and Yuna looked at each other. That was the first time they heard Eunha mention Sojung ever in 6 years. They actually hadn’t really heard about the Sojung either since Eunha and Sojung broke up. Although they did not intentionally avoid her. They met with Sojung a few times but couldn’t get a chance to talk much.

“No, we actually hadn’t really heard much about her since.” Said Yuna.

“Wait, don’t tell me that…”

Eunha nodded.

“What?!”

“What? What is it?” asked Yuna who still hadn’t grasped the situation well.

“Sojung owns the place where I stay.”

“Oh my god.”

Sinb told Eunha that one time she met Sojung at the supermarket with her and Sojung said she moved to a bit more in the downtown of Seoul but didn’t mention anything about running a homestay.

“But to be honest that time she looked 3 times better than she was with that guy.” Sinb said.

Yuna kicked Sinb’s foot. Then she realized she wasn’t supposed to say that.

“Ah, no I mean... it’s… um..”

“She had a boyfriend before?”

It was already too late for Sinb to take back her words. So, she told Eunha that Sojung dated some man before after they broke up.

“It was probably one or two though.” Added Yuna.

“I see.”

“Anyway! What are you gonna do now? I’ll just search for a new place for you, okay?” offered Sinb.

“Does she know the reason you come here?” asked Yuna.

“Yeah, I told her yesterday. Why?”

The soon-to-be-married couple was actually didn’t invited Sojung to the wedding.  Eunha was shocked and asked the reason. She thought that they invited her too. They said they really wanted to do that, but thinking that Eunha might refuse to come if she knows Sojung was also invited made them decided to not do that. They thought that they can still ask Sojung to have a meetup to tell her and celebrate it anytime because she lived in the same city, but with Eunha they can’t just do that. Besides, Sinb has known Eunha for almost her whole life, so of course, she wanted her to be in her big day.

“So…what now?” asked Sinb again.

“Should we just invite her? She already knew about it anyway now.”

“But that would be awkward, babe.”

“But it’s not like we wanted to skip her anyway.”

“I’ll just ask her to come the day after tomorrow.” Said Eunha, didn’t want the couple to have a fight because of that matter.

‘What are you doing Jung Eunbi? That means you have to come with her. Are you crazy?’ Eunha soon regretted what she just said. She only hoped that Sojung has something to do that day or something.

They talked for a little while before Sinb got a call from her family regarding the preparation of the wedding. They needed to go, so they excused themselves and wished to meet Eunha again soon. Eunha just wandered around after that. She felt like she needed to clear her mind and heart. What she felt at the moment was confusing for her. She wanted to avoid Sojung but she met her instead. She didn’t have anything to avoid anymore. Therefore, she felt relieved somehow. Even so, there were some things that still bothered her. Things that she didn’t understand.

‘So, she had a boyfriend. Was she happy during all those times?’ Eunha was really curious how was Sojung’s life when she left. She thought that it must be not so bad. In the end, she had a homestay now and a cute dog. She was not supposed to feel anything about that fact. They already broke up that time anyway, but there was something that pricked Eunha’s heart every time it crossed her mind. ‘But what did Sinb meant with 3 times better than when she was with that guy? Was there something happen?’

The thoughts kept lingered in her mind until without she even realized she arrived at the homestay already. She saw Sojung in the kitchen when she got in. Sojung’s dog welcomed her right away. Eunha squatted down to pat him.

“Meonji, come.” Said Sojung when she saw her dog, Meonji approached Eunha. Meonji ran towards Sojung right away.

“So, your name is Meonji.”

Eunha went to the couch, put down her bag and sat down. She was contemplating about when is the right time to tell Sojung about the fact that she can come to Sinb and Yuna’s wedding.

“Have you eaten dinner yet?" Asked Sojung who was in the middle of cooking dinner for herself saw Eunha’s pale face.

The shorter girl didn’t realize that she has not eaten anything for dinner. She was too distracted.

“I haven’t, but it’s fine.”

Sojung didn’t say anything after that but she cooked an extra portion for Eunha. She put it on the table. Eunha looked at the dish in front of her attentively. It made her remember about the time when Sojung used to cook for her at a certain time, when there was no one at home and no food.

“You should eat. You look pale.”

“I said I’m fine, you don’t need to do this.”

“You’re my guest here. I just wanted to be nice.”

It was not completely true. In fact, Sojung never thought of Eunha as her guest. She didn’t know why. She even thought that everything would be awkward between them. But looking at how they eat at the same place like they used to again, it felt just the same. Like there was nothing wrong, like there was nothing bad happened between them before. She missed this, she missed her.

‘You can’t be like this Sojung. You can’t let your feeling for her back. Otherwise, you’ll suffer. Alone.’ Sojung said to herself.

Eunha who was hungry kept eating non-stop. It tasted the same. Still as good as before. As expected from Sojung. But there was one thing Eunha realized that night. Sojung’s dish was the only dish she ever missed.

After finished the meal, Sojung quickly grabbed the plates to wash it. Eunha stood up and told Sojung that she’ll do it.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll do it.”

“No. Just let me. You already cooked for me. Just give me gloves.”

“No, I can..”

“Just give me the gloves, please.”

Sojung took off her gloves and gave it to Eunha. To Eunha's surprise, she saw a tattoo on Sojung’s hand near her pinky finger.

“You even got a tattoo now.”

The taller girl quickly hid her hand behind her back.

“Why do you need to hide it? It’s okay. I’m not conservative, you know that.” said Eunha while washing the dishes.

“It’s not that.”

“Can I see it then?”

Sojung hesitated, but then slowly pulling her arms and showed the tattoo in her hand to Eunha. It was a word in Arabic. She got it around 1 year ago a few months after she got Meonji. There was something different with the tattoo. The skin under the tattoo to be exact. The only thing Eunha wished that time was that it was not something that she was afraid it might be. She quickly grabbed Sojung’s hand and rubbed that part with her finger. Sojung scrunched and quickly pull her hand from Eunha. It was something that Eunha was afraid of, a scar.

“What happened?” she began to worry.

“Nothing.”

“Sojung that’s a scar you tried to hide with the tattoo, right? Has that something to do with the guy you dated before?”

“Where did you hear about that?”

“I..”

Eunha explained that she heard about her being in a relationship with a guy from Sinb. Sojung admitted that it was indeed related to that guy. He was a rough man. Especially when he drunk. The scar she got was from the night he met Sojung from a club. At that time, Sojung was about to ask him to break up but he was really angry and refused it. He was holding a bottle of beer on his right hand. He broke the bottle and threatened to kill Sojung. She got hurt from the remaining glass on her ex-boyfriend’s hand. She bled quite a lot and got stitches because of that incident.

Hearing the story from Sojung made Eunha’s feet got weaken. She almost fell to the ground but she took a grip to the edge of the sink. Sojung eyes got teary. She turned her head, couldn’t face Eunha.

“ing bastard.” Eunha couldn’t hold her anger. “Why did you even date him?”

Sojung didn’t answer. She excused herself and walked to her room.

***

That morning was a quiet morning. Eunha couldn’t really sleep that night. She kept thinking about how that guy almost killed Sojung. Also, with the tattoo she made to cover it. Eunha couldn’t imagine how painful it must be for her. Even Sojung flinched when she just rubbed it lightly. She really couldn’t imagine a tattoo needle touched that part. ‘Why are you like this? I thought that you lived well after I left. My heart’s aching.’

She needed more explanation from Sojung. That day she decided to not go anywhere until she could talk properly to Sojung again. She went outside to go to take a shower but hadn’t seen Sojung out from her room yet. She made breakfast for both of them. She was really hungry, she ate first. Meonji was always being beside Eunha that whole morning. He even asked Eunha to play with him. So, she grabbed the doll she found around there that she often saw Meonji played with it. Meonji was really cute and really a good boy. It made Eunha wanted to have a dog too. She forgot about everything for a moment.

Three hours passed and Sojung hadn’t come out from her room yet. For a moment, Eunha wanted to knock her room, but she restrained herself. ‘Let’s just wait.’

While waiting, she took the laptop to check the works that she left back in the US. She checked her email and replied to the incoming. There was a sound from Sojung’s room not long after that. The door opened and she could see Sojung there.

“You’re not going anywhere today?” asked Sojung.

“Here. I already made breakfast for you.”

Eunha insisted Sojung to take her breakfast.

“I know you just have your breakfast, but can we go out for lunch? There are so many things I want to talk to you.”

“We can talk here.”

“I can’t.”

Sojung had no choice. They went for a stroll after that. Both of them walked in silence side by side. There was no single word nor that they looked at each other.

“So, what do you want to talk to me?” asked Sojung when they reached a pathway in the park.

“Tell me your story from after I left the country.” She paused. “And by that, I mean all. I wanna know everything.” They looked at each other.

To start the story, that was the problem for Sojung. She honestly didn’t know which one to tell first. But then she went with the night after they broke up. She told everything carefully. Trying not to miss a thing but also not to spill something unnecessary.

“How about the guy you dated?”

“Can we not talk about them?”

“Why? Because you don’t want me to know that they abused you? You need to tell me. We need to report them.”

“The other guy didn’t abuse me. And this scar was nothing.”

“He threatened to kill you!”

“He just couldn’t accept the fact that I dump him. And he did nothing. I was the one who grabbed his hand to take the remaining part of the bottle in his hand. He took me to the hospital that night.”

“So why did you avoid me last night?”

“That’s because… I can’t face you. I can’t see your face like that. I’m breaking when you’re breaking. I wanted to lift you up, I want to hold you but I can’t. The more you make me think that it’s okay to be close to you the more it will be difficult for me. We’re not girlfriends anymore.” She took times before she continued. “I don’t even think we’re friends.”

Those words hit Eunha. It was true. They’re not girlfriends anymore. Even Eunha couldn’t bear to hear Sojung’s name before they met again. ‘But what was that?’  

Eunha observed Sojung while the taller girl turned her head and looked at the blue sky. It was the same girl with the one 6 years ago. It was still Sojung. Even when she saw her from any angle. It was still the same girl that makes her heart beat uncontrollably every time they were close. Also, the girl that made her feel safe and comfortable. But something was different.

“I don’t want you to think that I’m begging for you to come back to me, but I’ll just be honest with you.” Said Sojung.

That brought Eunha back to her sense.

“I love you Jung Eunbi. I still do.” She turned her head. “How have you been?”

Both of their eyes met. The time around them seemed to has stopped. They were facing each other. Eunha could see the sincerity in Sojung tender eyes that melt Eunha right in that place and moment.

“It looks like you really enjoy living there. Thank god.” Sojung smiled.

Eunha looked straight at Sojung’s face. ‘Pretty.’ But she still couldn’t find a way to react to everything.

“Aah.. the weather is so nice today. I should bring Meonji earlier.” Sojung continued walking leaving Eunha standing still behind watching her back.

“Sojung!” called Eunha.

Sojung stopped and looked back. Eunha did a little run to get closer to the taller girl.

“Come with me to Sinb and Yuna’s wedding.” Asked her.

Sojung did not say anything. They maintained their eye contact for a while.

“But they don’t invite me.”

“That was because of me…I mean… just come with me.” She stuttered.

Something was different. They were adults when they met again. There were parts that Eunha didn’t and probably couldn’t see from Sojung if everything hadn’t happened. Also, the parts that she finally saw from her ex-lover.

Something about her was also different. She realized that she became a different person. She used to want to avoid everything. Not wanting to face Sojung, because she thought that everything will be better that they never meet again for the rest of their life. She was afraid to face the truth. But what she felt that day in the park on the way for lunch with Sojung was, it was even scarier to not know what happened with Sojung. She wanted to know that Sojung is okay. She wanted to protect her. She wanted to stay by her side as long as she can be.

“Okay.”

***

 

8 am.

“Quick. The wedding is going to start at 9! We’re gonna be late.” Shouted Eunha from the outside of Sojung’s room.

“Wait a bit. You just asked me about it yesterday. I haven’t prepared anything to wear.”

“Everything is fine as long as it’s not pajama or training suit.”

“So, it will be okay if I wear a swimsuit?” said Sojung while opening the door. She looked pretty with white shirt and brown blazer. Her hair was tied. Eunha was stunned by her for a while before Sojung brought her back to her senses.

The smaller girl was panicking about being late but Sojung told her to be calm because she will drive them to the wedding venue.

“Oh, you have a car?”

Sojung gave a little affirmation while nodded. That’s how she ended up driving to Sinb and Yuna’s wedding. There were quite a lot of people already when they arrived. Probably the brides’ family. There were also some of their friend from high school. And most of their reaction were shocked to see Eunha and Sowon came together.

“Oh, I forgot to say this because you kept talking back at my place, but…you look pretty today.” Whispered Sojung.

Eunha’s cheeks got redden.

“You too.” She let out a small voice to reciprocate Sojung. Eunha could see the corner of the taller girl’s lips lifted up.

They sat next to each other in the middle row when the wedding started. It was an okay enough distance to witness their best friends’ big day clearly. Both Sinb and Yuna looked so happy there was a very big smile on their face. Sinb cried after the promise was over. Yuna laughed a little at her but also cried short after.

“They look so cute, don’t you think?” asked Eunha.

“They do.”

Sinb saw Eunha right after the ceremony. She gestured her to come near. Eunha pulled Sojung to come with her to congratulate the newlywed.

“Congratulations.” Said Eunha while giving a series of hugs for Sinb and Yuna. “You guys seriously look pretty today. It makes me jealous.”

“Congratulations.” It was Sojung’s turn to congratulate them.

“Thank you so much.”

“Thank you for coming.” Said Yuna.

“It was really nice to see both of you together. You guys look…” said Sinb while making a gesture with both of her hands. Trying to not making a reckless comment. “I wish you both all the best.” She said it at the end.

“Haha thanks.” Eunha took a glance at Sojung.

“We still have a feast after this but we should celebrate this again, don’t you guys think? The four of us. Like before?” offered Yuna. Sojung and Eunha were looking at each other.

“Yeah! She’s right. Before you go back. We should do it tomorrow. I’ll arrange the place.”

“Sure.” Replied Sojung.

“Cool! In the meantime, here, take this. I’m not gonna throw it. I’ll just give it to you guys.” Said Sinb, giving the bouquet to Eunha and Sojung then leave to greet the other guests.

It was a great party. They really enjoyed it. They stayed there until 3pm while catching up with some of their friend from high school. Especially Eunha because she never met them since the second year of high school. They went back after the smaller girl said she was tired. Even after they arrived at home Eunha quickly get to her room and fell asleep.

“Something never changes.” Said Sojung while watching Eunha’s back entered her room. She couldn’t help but smile looking at how cute Eunha was still.

 The next day, as promised, they met Sinb and Yuna again in a café. Then they went for another activity and ended up having 3 rounds that time. It was fun. It brought back their happy memories back. They would go for 4 or perhaps 5 rounds that day if it wasn’t for Eunha who has to go back that night. All the four of them went to the homestay for Sinb and Yuna to say goodbye to Eunha and also for them to know Sojung’s place. Both of them could not make it to take Eunha to the airport because they have an appointment with their family. It was too bad but understandable.

Half an hour before Eunha need to go to the airport, there were the two of them at home and Sojung helped her pack the one still left outside.

“So, you finally have to go back.” Sojung said when they were both on the way out walking down the stairs.

“Yes.”

“It was nice to see you again.”

“Me too.”

Then they put the suitcase inside Sojung’s car that was parked near the building of her homestay.

“You should put a bigger sign here.” Said Eunha, pointing at the wall near the stairs.

“I get it, I will do.”

They drove for 50 minutes through the busy street of Seoul to Incheon. There were not much that they talked about in the car. One thing for sure for Eunha was that she no longer had a burden. Five days back in Seoul had been a roller coaster emotion but mostly took her to important discoveries of her life. On how she would like to spend the rest of her life with. Without regret.

“Take care, okay.” said Sojung when they arrived in the airport terminal where Eunha needed to board the plane.

“I will.”

Sojung wanted to hug Eunha and so did Eunha but they were both too awkward. The smaller girl took her suitcase and walked in.

I love Sojung. I want to live with her for the rest of my life.

First discovery.

‘But I don’t want to be rushed. I want to start everything from the beginning. As an adult. Start from zero. I want to fall in love all over again.’

 Second discovery.

‘And I know she wants the same. I can see it in her eyes.’

Third discovery.

‘Therefore, I’m gonna wait a little and try a little harder.’

Eunha looked back and ran towards Sojung who still stood there watching Eunha from behind. She hugged Sojung tight. The taller girl also wrapped her arms tight around Eunha’s body. While sensing each other's smell…while trying to remember it until the day they'll meet again….

“Wait for me, okay. I’ll be back again. Soon.”

“I will.”