fin.

love letter

“Kim Hyunjin.”

 

It’s been days since Hyunijn had ever smiled. Weeks, even. Heejin disappeared out of nowhere and without her Hyunjin felt like her whole purpose of living was useless. The two were inseparable. They were best friends until one confessed to the other and they ended up being together. Holding hands, cuddling while watching Netflix at 1 am in the morning, jumping on top of each other when the other couldn’t wake up—they were like Tom and Jerry. Even with all of the arguments they had, they still stayed together like glue to paper. (unless someone rips the paper off.)

The whole day Hyunjin’s mind was only focusing on one person: Jeon Heejin. She remembered the times when they’ve been on little mini dates. Like—For example—While on a Saturday night, they were outside at the park swinging their entwines hands back and forth. Heejin was wearing Hyunjin’s hoodie, looking cute as always. They stopped at the small pond, sitting down on a bench to rest. The moonlight shone on the water, their bench near enough to the pond for them to see their reflection. Hyunjin pushed down Heejin’s hoodie, staring at Heejin for a while before tucking a strand of hair behind Heejin’s ear.

The memory made Hyunjin’s heart shatter a little. The word ‘was’ just made her die inside. She missed Heejin badly. And she couldn’t go one more night without her.


 

It was just another plain night. Hyunjin was holding a cup of coffee while the tv stayed on. She finished all of her assignments and she could actually relax for a bit instead of just throwing papers everywhere. She was stressed and worried. It’s been two weeks ever since Heejin just disappeared. She didn’t say anything at all too. Hyunjin just woke up one day to find Heejin not in the house, her phone still at home. Now, Heejin’s phone laid on her nightstand, Hyunjin every once and a while stared at it, pondering where she went.

She sighed, putting down the mug she once had in hand. The cup got left behind on the counter, watching Hyunjin walk to her room and close her door.

she inhaled, taking the sight of the now lifeless room. they always cuddled before going to sleep, but now hyunjin had to sleep by herself. it’s unfair, really. how someone can just appear out of nowhere and boom. you’re in love. and then someday that person will disappear with your heart in their hand, leaving you heartbroken.

hyunjin sighed, walking towards the closet that were filled with heejin’s clothes. it almost made her cry when she opened the door. she saw all of the clothes heejin wore on dates, her scent filling the room. she missed heejin. and she missed her badly.

hyunjin took a step forward, looking down to notice a case. it had a cat print and a sticky note on top of it. it said, “for hyunjin, my lovely future wife.”

hyunjin kneeled down, opening the case to find letters stacked on top of each other. she grabbed the case, walking out of the closet to sit on the bed instead. the first letter had a cat on the top right corner, drawn from heejin. hyunjin laughed sadly, remembering when heejin once did a portrait of her. it was a happy day. but now all of hyunjin’s days were filled with sadness and despair. she looked down at the letter, reading it:

 

my dearest, hyunjin,

            hello my love. it seems like every time the sun hides away from the moon, my loving thoughts of you occurs. i get reminded of the way you deeply cared for me. i never could continue a day without the warmth of your love that wrapped around me like a blanket on a cold, frosty night. even when i believed everything was broken, you managed to show me that i could find a way to love myself too. that there was always a light on broken things, like myself, too. however, once you were done, you had to move on. there were problems in your life that you had to take care of too. so i let you. i couldn’t be selfish and hog you. after all, you were a sent angel to heal me, never meant to stay. things were always never meant to stay. but my heart still lingered. so, please remember me, my love.

 

                                until next time,

                                          jeon heejin

 

hyunjin sniffed, her eyes watering as she moved onto the next letter:

 

my dearest, hyunjin,

                 hello once again, my love. i hope my letters will reach to you. it seems like every night when i can’t sleep, i crawl out of bed and write to you. it makes me feel more at ease. as if you’d respond to me and tell me what had happened while i’m ... gone. as well you know so well, i’ve always been a curious bunny. how will you feel after i leave? sad, depressed, lonely, etc. it breaks my heart knowing that you’ll be alone for the rest of your life. will the glistening tears that slide from your eyes be happy or sad? your heart, is it still pumping with love every second? i miss that feeling, love. i’m sorry for avoiding you but it’s for a good reason . i crave the feeling of your lips on mine. the electricity that ignites through my body whenever you wrap your arms around my waist. i miss it. and i’ll miss you. maybe one day we’ll be together, in heaven.

                                  until next time,

                                              jeon heejin.


 

the next letter in her hand was shaking so bad she couldn’t even read it. her tears rolling down her cheek staining the paper. the 3rd letter read:

 

my dearest, hyunjin,

                  before the very night is over, i must write to you. today seemed like an impossible task. my heart completely yearned for you. it seems like you were in every thought. you were there when my eyes opened to the sunlight that slipped through the curtains. i love waking up to the sound of your voice, its like an angel descended upon me. your very figure flashes away in a blink of an eye when i look at myself in the mirror. you manage to always be there for me. you really have left pieces of yourself in everything you touch huh? you’re so innocent. you’re so beautiful. i’ll miss you. i hope in the near followings that we’ll be able to meet again soon. but for now, i must go, my love.

                                 until next time,

                                             jeon heejin


 

hyunjin’s shaky breath filled the silence. she was full on crying her heart out—as if she had one left.

 

my dearest, hyunjin,

                   i realized in my last letter how selfish i was to not ask about how you are now and not what you were feeling when i left without a word. that pure heart of yours possibly, almost cracked right? haseul told me the way your smile faltered as she assured to you that i was going to come back and i was going to hug you when i do. i couldn’t let you go but it was a must. the way your innocent smile fooled me into believing you, to let you go. you are beautiful, an absolute dream. you have left parts of yourself in everything you touched and it pained me to hear that tears rolled down your cheeks after i took my leave. we always have been polar opposites, haven’t we? where you’re fire, and i’m ice. where i’m sad, you’re happy. i look forward to the evening now because when my eyes finally flutter shut, i get to see you. i get to be with you—in my dreams. i’ll be in heaven while you’ll be stuck on earth. maybe we’ll be holding hands again. till the end. i can’t wait to see you again.

                                 till we meet again,

                                         jeon

                                              heejin

 

 

 

 

so, hyunjin thought. she died.

———-

if you all could comment that would be great! i’m not that confident in my writing so if you have enough time: please comment :).