Like A Book

My Favorite Music Is... You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Silence filled this place full of everything; I came to stop by and listen to its tranquility. However, I'll always end up hearing the  loud cries and pain I'm silently keeping."

 

The library had always been everyone's silent refuge, but what lies under the calm silence was the harboring stress of everyone who stayed in it. Sojung had been a school librarian for 3 straight-years and she had pretty much known about every corner and every shelf around the big space; long enough to also know, that behind those books were students who struggle to keep up with reality, wanting the silence to lull the growing anxiety.

 

With that in mind, she also knows that few come to the library to enjoy the ambiance of its tranquility, and few reads book to enjoy the meaning behind those words that the author's had left on them. But truth be told, she's NOT one of those few.

 

The weight of being the oldest child from an average family can be pretty burdensome, and it'll be a lie to say that she's having a great time. What others see was a confident and have-it-all charismatic model, Kim Sowon, a junior that's still studying but already had many and various offers from big and small Fashion shows, but as the famous saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

 

She's not as confident as everyone sees her, and she's not the have-it-all type of person; she's far from that. Behind those alluring confident eyes were tears that she struggles to keep at night, and behind the fame and love she receives was the betrayal of someone she dearly loves.

 

Sowon leaned her back on the wooden shelves, letting a sigh escape her lips as memories of her lover played in succeeding order. She smiled but her lips twitch down with every second; just like how their love story goes, a story that started all lovely but had finally reached its rising action. Looking back, everything seems to be going on fairly stable, but where did it all go wrong?? In which part of their story did they start falling out of love?? That, Sowon had no idea... 

 

She did her best, she gave her all the love she wanted. So, why?? What did she do wrong?? No matter how Sowon tries to understand, there's simply no answer that came to mind; it's as if the world has been telling her that there's no way to fix the story's conflict before it even reached its . And the only thing that keeps her on holding on was the fact that her gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter