When We Finally Talk

My Favorite Music Is... You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweet as honey,

Yet delicately melancholic, definitely my style for music. Watching you from the third floor next building across these thin windows as you busy yourself yet again on that piano. I can imagine you playing your favorite piece, then your voice will ring inside my mind again, like a song played over and over again, but never did I complain, for I know, I actually pressed the repeat-the-current-song button inside my head.

 

No words can describe your voice, of how serene it sounded, and no one will know that I have my own MP3 inside my head, but only with your voice and songs in it. Creepy, alright? But I swear I'm not some crazy stalker, 'Sunbae... I'm just... A Fan?' You stood up from your sit then walked towards the windows, obviously also looking outside. Now, I'm wondering if you'll stare back at me...

 

"Hello? Earth to Yewon?!"

 

With the small nudge on my ribs and the monotonous whisper was I able to snap out of my thoughts. I found myself being stared at by our classmates and our Prof who's obviously fuming from annoyance. Looks like I got distracted for too long...  With a sheepish smile, I stood up and answered the question our prof asked me, thanks much to my best friend/seatmate that thoughtfully wrote down the question on a piece of paper was I able to get past the sermons and potential detention.

 

 

"The heck's going on, Yewon? It's so not you to not listen to our boring Mathematics Class." She remarked though she ended her sentence with a tone of sarcasm. I only replied with a chuckle as we sat on an empty table. "But seriously, Umji~yah! I know who you're looking at earlier. It was your sunbae wasn't it?" Geez, I forgot that I befriended the great HWANG EUNBI, now I'm sure to be teased again T.T. She giggled her eyebrows as we settle at one of the sits at the corner.

 

 

"Yeah... Whatever! Can you just eat? I'm sure you also want to meet that beautiful sunbae of yours~" I teased back, seeing her purse her lips and nervously look down at her plate while hiding her pink cheeks was enough for my little revenge. It's probably a best friend thing, both of us falling to our sunbaes. While I started growing a crush (yes. Just a CRUSH... for Now)  to my year older sunbae at my Music Class, Eunbi fell hard for her sunbae at the Dance Club. Yes, she IS in LOVE, my friend of a girl crush that literally has not just BOYS but even girls falling head over heels by her Bipolar charms was charmed by our CUTE sunbae. 

 

 

Eunbi was the workaholic type of person. She's someone who keeps things in check and has no little time for romance. Her passion for dancing is something notable, and honestly, if she just tries, I know that she'll be one great choreographer in the future. But since doing work along the lines of entertainment means that you don't really have a clear future ahead of you, she gave that dream up and settled for being a photographer. 

 

And because she's not really the reckless type of person, (despite being so carefree) she never really let her emotions get the best of her. She tends to keep everything for her self, not sharing her burdens with anyone. And that included loving someone... Despite her being called a cold person; She's the softest person I know. That she'd willingly let go of something she dearly likes at the same time that she'll let go of someone she loves.

 

So, maybe that's one reason why she always pushes me forward. And I'll always remember the words she told me back then, "You grew up well, not to mention you're much responsible than I do. If you really like someone then pursue that person, you... you deserve it, Yewon-ah" I can still remember vividly how she smiles, yet it didn't reach her eyes, it was one bitter smile. And just like always, a part of me wants to help her too, reassure her, just like how she did back then. But this person, never shared her burdens to anyone... Not even to me, her best friend.

 

"Yewon?" she called, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Eat up~ We're going to be late!!" she told me.

 

 

~~~~

 

 

And here I was again, in front of a certain room, with the familiar Robert Schumann, Dichterliebe Op. 48:1 playing on the background, I can't help but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter