Summer

The Best Friend & The First Love [Editing In Progress]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger Warning: Mentions of suicide     

----------------------------------- 

    Oh, summer, the favorite season of students. There's nothing to dislike about the season, the school is closed and you're off for a few months before the start of the new school year. Except, Roseanne and you absolutely loathe summer right now. The both of you decided to take summer classes this semester because you thought the more classes you get out of the way then the quicker the both of you can graduate right? Well, the both of you have never started to regret this choice until now, the first week of the summer semester. 

   Walking through the school that's located on top of a hill at 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 Degrees Celsius) isn't something that's enjoyable. In fact, not when the school's posted signs for snake advisory since you know when you're on top of the hill and it's summer that means there can be snakes anywhere if there is a good-sized hole. You were walking out of the science building when you get a text message from Roseanne telling you to meet her at the Resource building. So you respond and walk to the said building to meet up with the latter. 

You looked at the calendar through your phone. 

" One week down and seven more to go. " You mutter

Roseanne rolls her eyes as she hits you with her music theory textbook. 

" Ow! " 

" This is all your fault for encouraging me to take summer classes when I could have been sleeping in and eating all the food I've wanted. " 

You scoff as you look at your best friend. 

" Park Chaeyoung, I did not point a gun at you and forced you to register for those classes. As Marvin said, you could have just dropped them all and chose not to go. " You retort. 

" Of course, I'm not going to drop them! I paid for them so now I have no choice. " She argues. 

" You still could have dropped it since the school will issue you a refund since it's still only the first week and the due date to drop isn't here yet. " You remark. 

" Shut up. " Roseanne says as she shoved you out of the way and walked up to the staircase to the library. 

      Other than the student lounge, the next favorite place both of you enjoy going to is the library. It's located on the second floor of the resource center, and you both loved it. It was huge, and there were a lot of windows so you can observe nature and all the streets. 

" So what are you working on today? " You ask

" Astronomy. What about you? " She questions

" My sleep schedule. Goodnight. " You say as you're about to sleep until you feel Roseanne kick your leg. 

" Ow. What? Woman I passed my statistics class, there's never homework for PE, which I'm thankful for, and my online Philosophy class doesn't start until the seventeenth so can't I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter