The sleeping kid

The coward couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, the new girl slept on my shoulder in the way back to the dorm”, Misa said, crossing the tiny room to make herself comfortable near Shiraishi. “She’s really cute, isn’t she?”

“Sleeping in the bus’s dangerous, tho”, Shii-san shook her head. “I’ve seen her sleeping back home at least twice. What if any of us isn’t with her? Someone can try to take advantage of her. That’s bad.”

“Where are her gen mates?”, Ikuta asked, leaning against the bed. “They should be closer to her, right?”

“They’re probably as tired as she is, tho”, Kazumi wrinkled her nose. “I remember all of us dying in the end of every single day, starving, with no money.”

“And with tons of papers to do. Staying up studying till dawn was always fun and the worst at the same time”, Sayuri laughed, pointing at Ikuta. “This kid always started conversations out of nowhere, asleep or awake.”

“I had so many nightmares”, Ikuchan looked away, having war flashbacks. “1st semester was the most terrifying of them all.”

“Asuka, you should try talk to her”, Nishino suggested, looking straight to the only kid who didn’t seem to be keeping up with the talk. “You’re sharing a room with her, aren’t you?”

All the girls turned to Asuka and she looked up once.

“I didn’t have the chance to talk to her yet”, she answered, getting back to her book, but the kids kept quiet, waiting for more.

“I leave before she wakes up, when she gets home I’m already asleep. Her name is Hori. Hori Miona.”

 

Almost every night, the 1st gen would gather at someone’s room until bed time. It became a tradition, since they could talk and share what was good and what wasn’t – no matter what the subject was, talking about it was important. It took them some time to understand that – and more to understand each other.

That’s also why they didn’t insist much when Asuka said she’d just stay at her room. She needed her space and boo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter