Final.

From The End To Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Remind me again why we have to go to this party?” Jungyeon hums pulling on her favorite pair of jeans.

“Because everyone will be there.” I finish running my brush through my hair turning to face Jiahn who was dressed in sweats and a t-shirt. Her typical attire, she was more of a tomboy.

“So everyone’s been there before and we haven’t went?” Jiahn raises an eyebrow towards me.

I huff crossing my arms over my chest. “Fine, I just want to try going once and I don’t want to go alone.” Parties always had seemed interesting to me and I wanted to go to at least one before my high school career ended.

Jungyeon plops down next to Jiahn. “I wonder if Taeyong will be there?” She hums to herself.

Jiahn smirks cooing at Jungyeon’s long time crush on a boy from our class. She had liked him for years now and I had the feeling her first love would unfortunately end with her making no advances in it. It wasn't like she never talked to him, but she never would confess for she was too shy.

I turn glancing myself over in the mirror, I looked good, I think? I had on a pair of black shorts, a red crop top with a black jacket over the top. I was the complete oppoisite of Jungyeon. I was outgoing, not afriad to date people or flirt. Though I hadn't been in too much of a serious relationship I had kissed and made out before. Whereas Jungyeon had not. Jiahn on the other hand was the first of our friend group to lose her ity. She has had a one night stands that she's embarrassed about so much that she gets pissed off whenever anyone brings it up.

I glance back at the two girls. “Ready?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Jungyeon stands up pulling Jiahn after her.

 

-

 

The party was being held at a senior’s place, Oh Sehun was his name. It was already in full swing once we arrive. I can immediately tell Jungyeon and Jiahn feel uncomfortable, I feel a little bad I drug them along but I wanted to at least experience this once. Jiahn wasn't a party-goer, she was a more get drunk one on one type of girl, whereas again Jungyeon was just shy.

The two of them stick close to me as we head into the living room. It didn’t take me too long to realize that the two were definitely not the party type. But I really didn’t want to come alone to my first party.

The three of us find a corner to ourselves and they stare out at the endless amount of socializing going on.

“So now what?” Jungyeon asks.

“Now you let loose.” I pat their shoulders. “I’ll go get us some drinks. I’m going to stop by the restroom on the way.”

“Okay.” Jiahn hums as I leave them behind.

In the empty hallway I glance at the endless amount of doors that the bathroom could lie behind. Great, which one is it? I cautiously open the first one in fear of what I’d see but it was just a closet. Phew. I move to the second door and slowly opening it. It was a thankfully empty bedroom.

I close it and move on to the third door. Opening the third door up I’m immediately met with what sounds like the video game Mario Brothers. Two boys look over from the screen at me and I quickly begin to apologize.

“I’m sorry, I’m just looking for the bathroom.” I quickly bow and l go to leave.

“Wait!” One of them calls out almost desperately.

I pause and glance over at them again. One of them I knew, he was Jung Jaehyun, a sophomore, but a very very popular sophomore at that. He was known to be extremely good looking and practically every girl wanted to catch a glimpse of him once. I had seen him a couple of times at school but I’ve never spoken to him. I was older so I never really found the need to just fangirl over a younger boy who would have no interest in an older girl.

He wasn’t the one talking to me, it was his friend. He was also handsome, brown hair covered in a beanie.

“Yes?”

“Have you ever played Mario Brothers?” The beanie boy asks.

I glance at the screen, they were still on World 1. “Yeah? Hasn’t everyone?”

“Come play with us, we need help on this level, please!” Beanie boy pleads with me.

I glance back out into the hall remembering Jungyeon and Jiahn. I didn't want to leave them alone when I was the one who drug them here but who would deny the opportunity to play video games with two cute boys. “Only a couple of levels and then I have to go.” I move into the room closing the door behind me.

Beanie boy cheers. “I’m Dong Sicheng by the way, this is Jung Jaehyun.” He gestures towards him. Jaehyun offers me a small smile, wow I guess I could see why he was popular at the school.

“I’m Kim Sekyung.” I sit down next to Sicheng.

Jaehyun hands me a Wii remote and they add me into the game. I choose the blue toad because he was my favorite.

I soon found out that Sicheng had no idea what he was doing or mayb ehe was just that bad at Mario. Jaehyun must’ve struggled on his own before I came along. It's no wonder Sicheng was the one to beg me for help.

Sicheng had lost all his lives shortly into the next round and it was left to me and Jaehyun to continue and make it to the flag.

“Wow, you’re really good at this game, Sekyung.” Sicheng mumbles with a yawn.

“Thanks, my sister and I used to play this all the time.” I shrug as I jump onto the flag, Jaehyun following after.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I pull it out.

 

From: Jungyeon

To: Sekyung

Where are you? Did something happen? Are you okay?

 

I laugh to myself.

 

From: Sekyung

To: Jungyeon

I’m fine. If you guys want you can leave if you aren’t having fun. I’ll be fine on my own.

 

Sicheng and Jaehyun kindly wait for my conversation to end. 

 

From: Jungyeon

To: Sekyung

Are you like with someone right now? 

 

From: Jiahn

To: Sekyung

OMG! Don’t you worry about me and Jungyeon. You just do your thing with whoever it is! I expect to hear all about it though!

 

I roll my eyes deciding not to reply to them.

I sit my phone down and glance back up at the two. “Sorry, my friends were looking for me.”

“Do you need to go?” Jaehyun asks.

“No I think they are leaving.” I shrug.

He nods and we end up going back to the game. Shortly after that Sicheng heads out to the bathroom only to never return.

Jaehyun and I finally notice Sicheng's absence as soon as we’ve beat the castle in World 1. He glances at where Sicheng was supposed to be sitting.

“Sicheng didn’t come back?” He says surprised that he hadn't noticed before.

He pulls his phone out and sighs noticing a text from him. “He says he left because he was tired.”

“Maybe we should stop here?” I glance down at my phone for the time. It was midnight.

“Yeah maybe.” He nods saving the game.

“So like how are you allowed in here to play video games?” I ask him as he stands up to grab the game out of the Wii.

“I have a lot of friends, Sehun is one of them. I’m not really a big drinker so I usually end up in here playing video games.” He shrugs. So this wasn’t his first party then.

“How did you end up here?” He asks turning to face me after he's got the disk back in the case.

I sheepishly smile. “Well believe it or not but this is my first party and I kind of just wanted to experience what it was like.”

He slowly nods. “It’s not all that fun, it’s usually the people that make it fun.”

I nod. “I see what you mean.”

“Hopefully we didn’t bore you tonight.” He laughs awkwardly.

I quickly shake my head as I stand up to leave. “Not at all. I really like playing Mario Brothers.”

“Do you have a ride home since your friends left?” He asks as I move towards the door.

My heart sinks. “Oh . I didn’t even think about that.”

He snorts. “I usually hitch a ride home with Lee Taeyong if he’s here. You can come with if you want?”

Lee Taeyong, huh? Jungyeon would herself.

“If they don’t mind.” I follow after him as he searches for Taeyong.

We find Taeyong next to Kim Doyoung in the kitchen. The two of them were talking with a girl who was obviously trying to hit it off with Taeyong. He didn’t seem interested though, which was a good thing in my opinion since Jungyeon liked him.

Jaehyun moves to stand next to Doyoung and the girl immediately turns her heart eyes to Jaehyun. Jaehyun politely smiles and turns to Taeyong.

“Tae you ready to leave?” Jaehyun asks to which Taeyong quickly nods.

The girl backs off once she knows they are leaving and Jaehyun gestures me forward to stand beside him.

Taeyong eyes me and then he looks over my shoulder almost as if he were waiting for someone else to come. “Are you by yourself?” He asks his eyes moving back to me.

I slowly nod. “Yeah, my friends were here earlier but they left.”

He seems let down by that for some reason. “Oh okay.”

“Is it alright if we drop her off at home?” Jaehyun asks them to which Taeyong nods.

 

-

 

The next time I see Jaehyun is at another party. I somehow had managed to drag Jungyeon and Jiahn for a second time after I said Taeyong was here last time Jungyeon was suddenly interested in coming once more.

This time it isn’t at Oh Sehun’s place. It’s at Jaehyun's. Apparently his parents were gone for the weekend and he was throwing a graduation party of some sorts for Sehun since they were friends.

He finds me in the kitchen refilling my drink, non-alcoholic I might add. “Hey Sekyung.”

I glance behind me noticing it’s him. “Oh, hey Jaehyun.”

“Having fun?” He raises an eyebrow clearly noticing I'm not too thrilled.

I shrug. “It’s alright. My friends don’t like to party but they came again. Between you and me, my best friend likes Taeyong so she thought she’d see him here. So we came again.” I take a sip of my drink glancing around the kitchen. Honestly I don't think I was much of a partier either. A part of me wanted to just play video games with Jaehyun and Sicheng again.

He laughs. “Is it Park Jungyeon who likes him?”

I slowly nod confused, I mean I knew she was obvious but how did he know? “Yeah?”

He snorts, “Taeyong would die, he likes her too.”

My heart flutters at the thought, Jungyeon may get to date him afterall. “No way?”

Jaehyun is quickly nodding spreading his arms. “Oh my god you have no idea. He’s like head over heels.”

I smile. “That’s so cute.”

“But don’t tell anyone I said that. I’ll keep your secret about her liking him.” He smiles sheepishly. “Let them get together on their own accord.”

I nod, sounded like a good idea. It would bring them closer if they got together on their own anyways. Plus I don't think Jungyeon would believe me if I told her.

“So,” He glances back out at the living room. “Do you want to maybe play video games instead of being out here around drunk people?”

I laugh a small smile forming as I reply. “I thought you’d never ask.”

 

-

 

Junior year ends shortly after I make a deal with Jaehyun. The deal was that if he threw party I’d have to come so he wasn’t lonely. It sort of became a tradition for us to play video games, mainly Mario Brothers while everyone else enjoyed what a party actually is.

During the summer I only see him twice, since his family went on vacation and mine did too at different times during the time off.

So when my senior year starts I’m not sure where we stand. He’s become a junior this year so I saw him more often now that he was in the same end of the hall as us. We would occasionally wave towards one another but that was all.

The first party he holds happens two weeks into the school year. I find myself dressing up a bit more than usual and I’m unsure why. I get to the party, Jungyeon and Jiahn not beside me as they decided to sit this one out. For the first time ever I felt nervous walking into one of his parties. It was weird. I was never like this.

I step further into his place stopping by to stare into the living room. That’s when I see him, surrounded by girls. A pang surges in my chest. He's gotten taller and more handsome. I back out of the living room and into the kitchen. Why was I like this?

“Hey long time no see!” Sicheng comes into the kitchen leaning on the counter opposite me.

I smile towards him. “Hey Sicheng, how are you?”

He smiles back. “I’m good, are you waiting for Jaehyun?”

I glance away from him quickly. “No.” I hated that it seemed that way.

Sicheng laughs. “What’s the matter?” He comes forward to stand next to me, leaning on the counter again.

“Nothing, I just-I don’t know.” I stare down at the counter top. “It’s just I’m used to us playing video games at his parties but this time he’s in there surrounded by all those girls.”

Sicheng places a hand on my shoulder a smirk forming on his face. “Ha, are you jealous?”

“Huh?” I look at him confused.

“Do you like Jaehyun, Sekyung?” Sicheng drops his hand from my shoulder, his smirk widening.

I don’t like him. I wasn't one of his fangirls.

I cross my arms over my chest annoyed. “What are you talking about? Of course not.”

He shakes his head laughing. “You so do.”

“I do not!” I huff turning away, thinking back to the one girl who had her hand placed on his arm. I wasn’t jealous. No way I could be. Or the girl who was standing too close for comfort.

God dammit, maybe I was?

That would explain why I dressed up more this time around. The feelings I felt whenever I saw those girls around him. The feelings I’m feeling right now as his ridiculously handsome face walks into the kitchen.

I send Sicheng a look letting him know to shut up. Sicheng turns to face Jaehyun. “Hey, I’m heading out.”

Jaehyun nods. “Later Sicheng.”

Jaehyun then glances at me looking at my outfit and then back up to my face. “What were you guys talking about?”

“Nothing.” I quickly reply trying to wave it off.

He squints definitely knowing I was hiding something, because I was so damn obvious to him. Luckily he lets it go.

“Want to go to my room?” He asks gesturing towards the hall.

“Yeah, sure.” I smile softly towards him.

 

-

 

Walking in school that Monday I’m met with stares by many people. It was odd, usually people just ignored me. I mean I wouldn’t say I’m popular but I wouldn’t say I’m a loner either. Either way the attention was odd.

I stop by my locker to grab my things whenever Jungyeon and Jiahn are rushing up to me.

“Is it true?” Jiahn blurts out.

“Is what true?” I stare at them confused.

“That you slept with Jung Jaehyun.” Jiahn says with a smirk.

My mouth drops open, what the hell? Where did that come from? “Who told you that?”

“Everyone knows.” Jungyeon says quietly.

“I didn’t sleep with him?” I tell them.

“But there’s a picture of you going with him into his room?” Jiahn states nudging me. “You don’t have to hide it. Do you like him?”

“I didn’t sleep with him.” I repeat with a sigh. “We’re just friends.”

“Speaking of Jaehyun there he is.” Jungyeon nods her head suggesting I look behind me.

When I do Jaehyun makes eye contact with me. Great, the rumors probably pissed him off.

He comes up to stand in front of me. “Are you okay?” Jungyeon and Jiahn watch our exchange silently.

I squint towards him confused. “Why wouldn’t I be?” I glance at the random students who had stopped to stare at the two of us. “It’s just a rumor.”

Jaehyun nods softly surprised I'm not more effected by this. “Yeah it is.”

“Are you okay?” I ask him, he seemed more shaken up about this than I did.

He smiles softly causing my heart to pound, his dimples showing through makes me bite my lip. He was so damn handsome.

“Yeah I am now that I know you’re alright.” He pats my shoulder. “If you need anything let me know.”

I slowly nod. “Um, okay.”

I turn back to face Jungyeon and Jiahn as he walks off. Jiahn is smirking towards me. “You like him!”

I scowl. “No I don’t!”

She snorts. “You so do! Seems like he likes you too!” She coos. “You know I have a knack for telling these things!”

Jiahn shrugs smirking towards Jungyeon. “I mean I was the one who found out Jungyeon was in love with Taeyong. I swear he likes her back too.”

“No he does not!” Jungyeon remarks back.

Oh he so does Jungyeon. I pause, maybe Jiahn did have a knack for this? So does that mean Jaehyun really does like me?

“Hey look it’s the new girl.” Jiahn nudges Jungyeon. We all three turn our heads noticing Ji Sungah the new girl in our grade.

“She hasn’t made any friends yet?” Jungyeon frowns. “Should we ask her to sit with us at lunch?”

“I don’t see why we couldn’t.” I shrug, I was open to having many friends.

 

-

 

The rumors about me and Jaehyun don’t die down. It becomes the complete opposite actually. More and more rumors spread throughout the week.

Two of the biggest one’s though were that we were either secretly dating or that Jaehyun was drunk out of his mind that night and I took advantage of that.

It was literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. It took all I had to not go off on some of them.

On the night of Jaehyun’s next party I sat at Sicheng’s house debating whether or not to go. Sicheng sat on his bed staring at me as I got up to pace back and forth across the room.

“Why can’t you go again?” Sicheng hums slightly amused at the predictment Jaehyun and I were in.

I sigh stopping in my place to look at him. “Because what if another rumor starts about us?”

“It’s not like the first one ruined your lives or anything? If anything it shows that you two can go through that and still be close.” Sicheng shrugs lying back on his bed.

“What if we can’t make it through another rumor?” I eye him worried about his reply. “Sicheng, I like him.”

Sicheng laughs lightly sitting back up. “I told you so. I knew before you knew yourself.”

I roll my eyes at him. “You’d better not tell anyone, him especially. I haven’t even told my friends yet.”

He shakes his head a smile forming on his face. “I think you’ll be completely fine if another rumor happens to go around.”

My shoulders sag. “I hope you’re right. Let’s go.”

 

-

 

As soon as we walk into Jaehyun’s his eyes are on us. I smile slightly towards him but he is zoned out staring at Sicheng for a couple of seconds before he smiles towards me. The both of us move to stand in front of him and he nods towards us both.

“Did you two come together?” He asks sipping on his drink.

Sicheng nods. “Yeah she was at my house.”

Jaehyun nods. “I see, doing what?” He glances at me.

“Uh, well-.” I start out.

“Apparently I give good advice.” Sicheng laughs with a shrug and I let out a low sigh.

“Hey!” An arm is slung over both mine and Sicheng’s shoulders. Wong Yukhei, a notorious partier is smiling between us. “Partner up you two, it’s body shot time!”

I roll my eyes at his exclamation.

He tugs both me and Sicheng towards the dining room. “You guys are next, Sicheng will you be drinking off her or vice versa.”

My eyes widen, wait what?

Sicheng glances at me and laughs awkwardly. “I actually have to go, I’ll grab her a replacement partner real quick.” He gestures over his shoulder.

Sicheng quickly trots off and comes back with Jaehyun, pushing him to stand by me.

“Perfect.” Yukhei pats both of our shoulders. “Determine who’ll be drinking off who’s body!”

Jaehyun glances at me surprised. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

I glance over at the girl who lied on her back across the kitchen table, a boy I didn’t know was currently a stripe down to her belly button, before he slurps up the alcohol in it, then he moves up to grab the lime that was between her lips.

Oh my god. I don’t know if I could let Jaehyun do that to me? Especially in front of all these people. But I didn’t want to be a party pooper.

“Yeah, I’ll drink off you.” I glance at him and I could almost swear his cheeks tinged pink at my words.

“Okay.” He says clearing his throat.

Yukhei turns towards us. “You decide?”

We both nod and Jaehyun moves over to his kitchen table. I swallow, I was brave, I was out-going, I could do this. Jung Jaehyun was not the end of my out-goingness.

Everyone’s eyes follow him, he was the one throwing this party, he was also extremely popular. Everyone was going to be watching. Great, even better.

Yukhei ushers me closer to the table as Jaehyun sits down, Yukhei grabs a bottle of alcohol and the salt. “Lie down.”

Jaehyun lies down as told and Yukhei tells him to pull his shirt up. As he does my eyes widen. He was fit as hell. I swallow noticing the happy trail leading into the black of his sweat pants. I realize I’m staring whenever Yukhei turns around and pats me on the shoulder.

“You ready?” Yukhei smirks as my eyes trail to him.

I glance back at Jaehyun who takes the lime Yukhei must’ve handed him moments ago and places it in his mouth. Maybe I should’ve let him drink off me instead?

“Yeah of course.” I say confidently even though I was anything but confident.

I move closer to Jaehyun and his eyes watch me closely. This was awkward as hell.

I hold my hair behind my head, leaning down closer to his bare stomach. I avoid his gaze as my tongue darts out lapping up the salt. His body tenses underneath mine and I felt pride swirl through my stomach. Even pretty boy Jung Jaehyun was human.

My tongue dips into his belly button and I’m suddenly praying he showered this morning. I pull back from his messy belly to let my eyes dart up to his. He seems embarrassed but the look in his eyes was different than usual.

I lean over his chest my lips inching closer to the lime he held between his pink lips. This I thought would’ve been the easier part because I have kissed people before but after what I just did to his stomach, it made it awkward.

The lime touches my lips so I let my teeth grab ahold of it pulling it from between his.

When I pull back up a few cheers are heard. Yukhei pats me on the shoulder as he passes by me to place a towel on Jaehyun’s stomach. Jaehyun sits up wiping at his stomach.

I turn away my gaze landing on Sicheng who was supposed to have left. I send him a glare and he gives me the thumbs up. I glance back at Jaehyun as he stands up handing the towel back to Yukhei. He holds his shirt up still as he walks towards me. It was probably sticky.

“Um, you should probably wash your stomach off.” I let my gaze fall to my feet.

“Yeah.” He hums clearing his throat. “Want to come play Mario?”

I glance back up at him. “I don’t know if I should?”

He frowns. “Why not?”

I glance at the people gathered in the dining room. “Because last time we did rumors were spread about us. I can only imagine what the rumors will be if we disappear after doing what I just did.”

Jaehyun scoffs. “Who cares they are just rumors?”

“Rumors can bring about other things.”

He tugs on my hand pulling me down the hall. We stop in front of his room. “So you can go to Sicheng’s room but not mine anymore?”

I squint towards him, where did this come from? “Huh?”

“Weren’t you in his room before you came?” He let’s his shirt drop back down in its rightful place ignoring the stickiness.

“Yeah and?” I was confused.

He runs a hand through his hair letting out a low groan. “Do you like Sicheng?”

I laugh. “No? Is that what this is about?”

Jaehyun relaxes somewhat at my statement. “Well yeah, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter