epilogue

Hold Me Closer, Giant Dancer

Jisung felt at peace as he stepped out of his dad's car, opening the passenger's seat for Chenle to get out. Their first official date as boyfriend and boyfriend was coming to an end, but somehow, it had magically all gone well. No panicked running away, no thinking they hated each other, just easy talking and fun (nothing like their first couple of dates). 

In being a good boyfriend, Jisung knew to walk Chenle up to his front door. 

"Is this goodbye?" Chenle asked. 

"I kinda wanted to say hi to your parents before I left," Jisung said. 

"Oh, they'd love that!" Chenle responded, opening up the door to his giant home and beckoning for Jisung to follow him inside. "Hmm, where could they be..." Chenle mumbled, the two padding around the house. 

"You could just yell for them?" 

"Dad might be meditating. If I disturbed him, he might be in an even worse mood than usual." Jisung nodded, and the two walked down the hallway to the master bedroom on the first floor. 

"Mom? Dad?" Chenle said softly as he approached the doorway, then immediately screamed. Jisung peeked his head inside and screamed too: there was Chenle's parents, ing, with their bedroom door wide open. 

"O-oh my god, Chenle, we thought you'd be home later," his dad spoke, scrambling to get on some clothes. 

"Oh my god," Chenle whined loudly. 

"Chenle, it's natural, don't be disturbed," his mom called after him. 

"He has every right to be disturbed, thank you very much," Kun responded with gritted teeth.

"I-I'm gonna go," Chenle said, rushing down the hall with Jisung following close behind. 

"We can talk about this later, honey," Ten said. 

"We will not be talking about this later!" Kun cried just as Jisung and Chenle left the house. 

"Can I hide out in your car for a little bit?" Chenle said. 

"Of course, of course," Jisung responded, and they got into the driver and passenger seat. 

"Oh my god," Chenle immediately groaned, resting his head on the dash. 

"I am so, sorry you had to see that." 

"I am too," Chenle answered, adding in a little fake sob. "I'm sorry you had to see it too." 

"At least they're not my parents," Jisung mumbled. 

Chenle sighed. "That's literally the worst thing I've ever seen." 

"I completely understand. But I mean...at least you know they don't hate each other." 

Chenle sighed again. "True. But that's not the way I wanted to find out they still had...spice in their marriage, oh my god." He made a retching sound, and Jisung joined him. 

"You know, it's okay if you want to hide out here for more than a little bit." 

"Thank you," Chenle breathed out, subconsciously reaching out for Jisung's hand. 

And Jisung took it. Without being scared, without jumping away, he interlaced his boyfriend's fingers with his own. Maybe he was still a little bit shaky but he loved this feeling, the slight soulmate sparks accompanying every touch, and he loved the way Chenle visibly relaxed from something even so simply. He squeezed Chenle's hand, and Chenle squeezed it back. Yes, it was a bad end to a perfect date. But nothing was perfect with the two of them, right? At least, things were working, and they were working well.