Final

The enemy hiding in the shadows

The rain seemed unstoppable. The sound of his footsteps in the various puddles of water was the only sound he heard. Being a late hour, the streets were deserted. Only a young man walked slowly in the streets well sheltered under his umbrella he seemed to go home. Everything seemed to be going well, when suddenly he heard it, footsteps behind him. Someone followed him. To be sure, he turned with a quick gesture ... Only he saw no one. And when he turned around, everything went black.

The next day, Myungsoo had just been woken up by his phone. Indeed, he had programmed an alarm clock that broadcast the radio. But when he intended to cut it, one of the news stopped him.

-Flash info: We just heard that Infinite's Kpop band member Lee Sungyeol was admitted to Seoul Hospital that night. The reasons for his presence there is still unknown but we could see the leader of the group Golden Child Lee Daeyeol and little brother of the artist went this morning to the hospital in question. We will let you know when we have more news ...

The news made Myungsoo drop his phone. Sungyeol? To the hospital? It's true that last night he was outside and had to visit his family ... But what had happened?

No sooner had he heard the news than Myungsoo rushed to the hospital as soon as possible. He opened the doors of the building, ignoring the cry of the fans for him as an "Oppa how goes Sungyeol Oppa? ". He could not answer them because he did not know. He, therefore, pressed his step towards the reception, and as soon as he knew what room he was in, he rushed there. When he arrived, he found the young man in the arms of his little brother who seemed to console him. Afterward, he did not seem to have a serious physical injury except for some scratches which relieved Myungsoo. It was at this point that Daeyeol noticed the presence of the Visual des Infinite.

-Yeollie... He whispered to his brother. Myungsoo has arrived ...

At the agreement of this sentence, Sungyeol straightened up and turned his head. Only it was not in the direction of Visual. Indeed, he was looking at a fixed point that Daeyeol forced him to turn his head towards Myungsoo and at that time, Sungyeol had a sad expression and closed his eyes. His little brother looked at the Visual with a sorry pout. Myungsoo approached the two brothers a little and, in a defensive gesture, Sungyeol huddled in the arms of his brother deliberately turning his back on the young man.

-Yeo-Yeollie ... Wh-What's happening to you? Myungsoo stammered, not understanding at all the reactions of the other boy who was actually his boyfriend.

-I'm sorry Myung ... But I can't.

 

The voice he heard from her was shaking as if the young man was crying, causing the Visual to frown. He approached the older one by asking him what he had while seizing him by the shoulder to return him so that he could face him. Daeyeol tried to stop him, but nothing helped, and Sungyeol found himself facing him and the young man's eyes widened when he saw that. Sungyeol had tears rolling down his cheeks but what shocked him the most was his eyes. It seemed like a thin white veil covered his pupils.

-No ... Myungsoo murmured, afraid to understand. Do not tell me you've become ...

-Blinded. Daeyeol finished in his place. When he came home last night, he was attacked by a guy who forced him to take a kind of drug and when he woke up he was in this state.

-Dae ... Sungyeol muttered not wanting his little brother to continue.

-Sorry hyung but I think he deserves an explanation ...

Myungsoo looked at the astonished Golden Child leader but above all, he dreaded the worst. Daeyeol meanwhile, took a deep breath before continuing.

-In fact, Sungyeol does not really remember what happened but obviously, it was you this guy was aiming for ...

At the agreement of this sentence, Myungsoo opened wide eyes. Sungyeol, meanwhile, curled up on himself as if he wanted to disappear. But before Myungsoo could say or do anything, a doctor entered the room with papers in his hand. Obviously, he brought the results of the analysis on the state of health of Sungyeol. Myungsoo listened attentively to what was said that could not come out of the mind that it was his fault if the oldest was in this state. And what the doctor was saying did not help him feel better. Indeed, this drug really looked more like a poison and it seemed to be evolutionary. It was, therefore, possible that Sungyeol's loss of sight was only the beginning. In addition, this toxin seemed to mix too much with the blood to create an antidote. He would have to find the person in charge or recover a sample of this poison only, he had no clue to be able to find it. Myungsoo slowly approached his boyfriend and hugged him. Sungyeol jumped before letting go against the chest of the youngest who was hugging him tightly. Daeyeol waited for the doctor to go out before turning to the Infinite Visual who still had his big brother in his arms.

-Do you do what do you do now? He finally asks.

-What do you mean? Myungsoo wondered, not expecting such a question.

-Well, Sungyeol cannot stay alone in this state and in addition, this guy who did that to my brother is still running and seems to blame you so I wondered what you were going to do.

-Ah, that ... I want to find this guy and make him pay a hundredfold what he did but ... The health of Sungyeol remains and will remain my priority and for that, I will talk to others.

Daeyeol looked at him for a long time before smiling and telling him that in this case, he was confiding to him his brother. Being the leader of the Golden Child he could not, unfortunately, stay with his brother and the Visual because he had to take care of his group but promised that he would try to help them in his own way. And so, when the doctors announced that Sungyeol could leave the hospital, Myungsoo went home with his boyfriend. Advancing with him was complicated because since he saw nothing, he was afraid to walk blindly and the youngest had to constantly talk to him and reassure him as best he could. Once in their house, the youngest soon realized that the boy he loved could no longer do anything in everyday life as they used to do. He often saw him drop his hand for fear of banging something. Myungsoo decided to help him and, although initially reluctant, Sungyeol let him. A little later, the youngest left and decided to make a call to the other members. He called Sunggyu and told him the situation as best he could.

-So if I understand correctly we are looking for a person who is obviously against you but we do not know anything that's it? Summed up the leader. Do not you think it's a bit of an impossible mission? We are Myungsoo stars, not investigators.

-I know Hyung I know ... Murmured the other boy. But it kills me to see Sungyeol in this state ... I would have much preferred to be in his place. I'm so scared of what might happen to him in the end that I would like to do everything possible to save him.

-I understand well. Listen, I'm going to warn the others to open their eyes so they can watch if there's anyone suspicious when we're all together and ...

At that moment, Myungsoo did not hear Sunggyu's answer, a loud crashing sound of glass followed by a scream of a voice that the Visual knew only too well. The young man rushed to where he had heard the noise and saw Sungyeol kneel on his arms over his head to protect himself.

-Sungyeol all right?

-O-Yes ... I do not know what happened I was walking and all of a sudden I heard the window break.

Myungsoo hugged the young man while inspecting the surroundings to see what had caused the explosion of the window. He saw very quickly that it was a stone that had been thrown on the tiles. It is then that the visual lives down, a man wearing a long black cape hiding his face. He had found her. He got up and started to leave in the direction of the door decided to stop this guy from leaving.

-M-Myung! Sungyeol said, stopping the other boy. Where are you going? Do not leave me alone.

The Visual was not sure what to do because he had no time to waste, he looked at his phone and realized that he had not cut off the conversation with Sunggyu. He approached his boyfriend and gave him the phone.

-That's Sunggyu to the device.

And without giving him time to reply or protest, he ran away. When they found themselves in the street, he saw the man run away hiding in the crowd. Myungsoo then started running after him. He slalomed between the various passers-by, knocking some on the way, but soon lost his track. He swore while trying to find him but without success. Dejected, he turned around and made his way home, putting his hands in the pockets of his jacket. That's when he felt a paper in one of his pockets. While frowning, he pulled it out and read in a writing that was not his "failed! but I want you to suffer even more. Myungsoo stared at the paper with a frowning eyebrow before crumpling it in his hand. Obviously, this guy seemed to have changed his plan and must have understood the connection between Sungyeol and him. So he hurriedly returned to their house praying for the oldest to always be on the phone with their leader. He opened the door on the fly and made his way to the room where Sungyeol was sitting and made him jump when he grabbed her by the shoulder.

-Myu-Myung, it's you? the older man stammered a little caught off guard.

-Yes, it's me Yeollie do not worry. Myungsoo reassured him, realizing his stupidity. But tell me, are you still on the phone with Sunggyu hyung?

-No, he hung up he said he might be going today ... Why? Do you want me to call him back?

-No no it's not worse than he comes I need to talk to him that's all ... But enough talk about that... You're doing good?

-Yes but ... Are you sure you're okay? you act weird thing happened a little while ago after the incident of the window?

-No ... no, I thought I saw something but in fact, it's children who, playing, broke the window.

-Ah yes, I see… Nowadays kids became real hurricane…

Sungyeol chuckled as he said that and Myungsoo looked at him with a sorry look. He blamed himself for lying to her but it was for his good. Without a word, he pulled him against him before hugging him.

-Myung? there is a problem?

The young man did not answer, just squeezing him a little harder while whispering tons of I love you. Sungyeol was really confused by the reactions of the youngest but ended up letting go of this evidence of affection more than welcome after all that had happened. As a result of the sweet words, kisses appeared. On the temples, on the forehead, on the tip of the nose, the lips ... No part of his face was forgotten. But Myungsoo was forced to stop hearing someone knock on the door. He reluctantly separated from the oldest to answer and found himself face to face with Sunggyu. The leader of the group gave him a weak smile.

-I talked at length with Sungyeol. He announced as if to justify his presence.

-You have a hard time because I need to talk to you too.

Sunggyu looked at him confused before approving with a nod. Myungsoo guided him to his boyfriend who was sitting in a chair now, seeming to be lost in thought. Sunggyu appeared disconcerted in the face of the young man's dead gaze. Seeing the discomfort that had just been created, the Visual decided to start the conversation.

-Yeollie, Sunggyu hyung came to visit us.

-Really? I had not even heard it happen ... I think of something else ...

-No worries I'll go get something to drink.

The youngest left the room. He went looking for something to drink, not without making a detour to go get the paper he had a little earlier. But while he was coming back, he surprised in spite of himself a discussion between the leader of Infinite and his boyfriend.

-Hyung ... what am I going to become now? I became blind ... I am useless to the group now ...

-But no, do not say that. Sunggyu replied gently. Myungsoo promised me that he would find a solution so trust him.

-But…

-He will not abandon you Yeollie ... And neither do we.

The Visual choose that moment to enter the room. He was pleased with the answer given by the leader. Sunggyu turned his attention to Myungsoo.

-Well, you wanted to tell me what? He asked.

The Visual did not answer him with a sign that he did not want Sungyeol to hear it, and Sunggyu frowned but followed him outside the room. Once they were outside, Myungsoo handed him the piece of paper. Raising an eyebrow, Sungyeol grabbed him and looked at him. Once he read it, he opened his eyes wide.

 

- Is that the guy who sent you this? If he marveled. But when?

-I do not know if you noticed but one of our windows was broken. Explained Myungsoo. I lied to Sungyeol saying that it was children who broke it.

-But in truth, it was this guy?

Myungsoo nodded. The leader, meanwhile, seemed to think.

-There may be a way to finally pin it.

-But how hyung?

-We are going to force him to make a mistake. But for that, you will have to go back to follow your schedule as if nothing had happened.

-But hyung ... and Sungyeol?

-Do not worry Namu and I do it.

-Yeah, you actually want to spend time with your boyfriend that's it.

-Not at all, I know that the situation is serious!

-Bref what was your plan?

- See that this guy decided to attack you we will monitor the house.

-That's all? But he must know you well he will suspect something ...

-! Who said it would be us?

-Hein but who?

-Our very dear dongsaeng ~

Myungsoo watched him without understanding as he grabbed his phone to dial the number of one of the golden child members. Subsequently, Sunggyu was gone explaining that he was going to announce his plan to Woohyun now. Myungsoo went to find his boyfriend and caressed his hair affectionately. It was then that a detail struck him.

-So then ... You seem to react much more when I touch you compared to usual.

-It is normal, I suppose. As I no longer have the sight, I must unconsciously concentrate on my other senses. Besides, I had never noticed that your hands were soft.

-I understand ... This means that if I had a session with a blindfold you may be even more sensitive?

-MYUNG! You're not ashamed to say that ?!

-What? You do not want to try?

Sungyeol did not answer, bowing his head. How could his boyfriend joke about his condition? After he did it purely to try to help relativize it but still. Suddenly, he felt Myungsoo's arms catch him before he found himself hugging his chest.

-We will find him and everything will return to order I promise you.

 

As a result, the days followed but still no trace of this type. In addition, Sungyeol's condition seemed to be degrading, he also seemed to have become deaf, which had made him panic. Myungsoo meanwhile was stressing more and more. And if they could find this guy too late? He did not want to think about it but his mind seemed to have decided to play him a bad trick. He had also received another message of this type that seemed to taunt him and be satisfied with his distress. In addition, he could not spend too much time with his boyfriend because the older man seemed to be weakening day by day now spending most of his time sleeping. One day, Myungsoo was leaving, having to film scenes for his drama. Sunggyu had just arrived with Woohyun and promised once more to Visual that he would take care of Sungyeol while he was leaving to do what he owed. Only, Myungsoo's phone rang. He looked and saw that it was Daeyeol. And when he answered, there was a wave of hope that overwhelmed him.

-We find him!!! Announced Sungyeol's little brother. Jae Hyun and Joochan saw him and immediately warned the police he was arrested!

The Visual did not need to know more than he rushed out briefly explaining the situation in Sunggyu and Woohyun.

-Are you sure that will go for Sungyeol? He was really pale earlier.

-But yes do not worry he is in a quiet chair. I doubt that anything bad can happen. And then they managed to chopper this guy so everything should be in order.

-But do you think Yeollie will regain his senses?

-Alas, I don't know.

But while they were in a discussion taking their greatest attention, probably trying to convince themselves that everything would be fine, they were cut by a loud noise. The two men turned their heads to see that it was Sungyeol that had just collapsed. Sunggyu rushed to him and looked at his face. He had become pale like a corpse. The leader took his pulse and realized with horror that he was very weak. He turned to Woohyun who looked really worried.

-Hunnie ... Call an ambulance! Now! Sunggyu ordered before continuing in a shaky voice. We ... we're gonna lose him!

 

Myungsoo looked at the small vial that was in his hands, with that he could save Sungyeol and he could become as before. They had learned that this guy was attacking him because he was a fan. A crazy fan in love with the Visual and did not support the fact that he could never have it so he had decided to take revenge because if he could not have it, no one had to. That's when his phone rang. He looked and saw that it was Sunggyu who wanted to call him. No sooner did he pick up than the leader took the floor, leaving no time for the visual to say anything.

-Where are you? Sunggyu asked panicked. You have to go to the hospital quickly! Sungyeol is between life and death.

Myungsoo opened his eyes to the understanding of this news and rushed to the hospital praying not to arrive too late. It was out of breath that he arrived at his destination. He went to the reception and asked where Sungyeol was, but the nurse refused to tell him, explaining that his boyfriend could not be visited at present. Myungsoo, although angry at not being able to be by her side, asked the nurse to give the vial to the doctor who was to take care of Sungyeol and, against all odds, the young woman agreed. Subsequently, he had to wait in the waiting room for the doctors to finish and found Woohyun and Sunggyu there. Both of them would say encouraging words that he was going to get by, but Myungsoo wondered if what they were saying was really about convincing him were to convince himself. It was only after long hours that they finally saw the doctor arrive.

-It will get by. He announced. Only his recovery may take time and we do not know yet whether there will be sequelae or not. We will keep it under observation until then.

Upon hearing that the doctor had announced that Sungyeol was getting out of hand, he felt a weight drop off his shoulders. Every day that followed, Myungsoo went to visit Sungyeol in his room. Although he was no longer in danger, he still remained very pale and was still unconscious. Myungsoo sits for hours sitting, taking his boyfriend's hand in his, watching him watching for the slightest gesture on his part. On the other hand, every time he had to leave, it was because the nurses had told him that he could not stay longer. Every day he came to see him, Myungsoo brought a red rose every time. You could see a large number of flowers in the vase that it had been a long time since Myungsoo came to see him. At least a month. Aside from the roses, there were different gifts as a sign of good recovery left by the other members of the group as well as the family of her boyfriend. Only, the more the days went by, the more the Visual began to lose hope of seeing Sungyeol awake again. Nevertheless, one day, while Myungsoo was leaving, he saw Sungyeol's fingers move before he gently opened his eyes before closing them again because of the light. Myungsoo rushed to his bedside.

-Yeollie... He whispered, looking at his boyfriend open his eyes again.

-Myung ... The oldest turned his head towards him before gently raising his arms to touch the face of Visual with a weak smile. I almost forgot how beautiful you were.

Myungsoo stopped at this remark.

-You ... Can you see me? Asked him the youngest full of hopes tears begin to flow down his cheeks.

-If you're too far I do not think ... But here I see your tears very well .. he announced in a reproachful tone. I would have liked to see you smile when I woke up. Even your adorable little dimples greet me by opening my eyes.

He did not have time to say anything more than Myungsoo had hugged him.

-If you knew how scared I was ... So scared of losing you.

-Do not worry Myung it's over I will not leave ...

And as if to indicate this promise, Myungsoo sealed their lips.

Although he had woken up, it was not until a few weeks before Sungyeol could leave the hospital. The older man felt a sense of nostalgia as he stepped out of their apartment door. Everything was exactly as it was, with one exception. Indeed, Myungsoo had become even more tactile and cuddly since. He kept kissing him on his face or in the back of the neck while telling him a phrase warm his heart.

-Welcome home...

This simple sentence made him smile making it clear that this whole story was finally over.

-Good, I hope you do not have a thing planned. Announced Myungsoo getting a questioning look from his boyfriend. Because today I decided to monopolize you. I intend to make you full of hugs and kisses to make up for lost time these months passed away from you.

This remark made Sungyeol laugh that could not help but find the Visual Cute to act like a child. Only he stopped laughing when he felt his boyfriend's hands firmly grip his buttocks.

-Myung what are you ...

- And I still intend to realize my ideas of ...

Sungyeol blushed as he heard this sentence before seeing his boyfriend his lips a predator expression on his face.

-Where did the adorable Myungsoo go for not even five minutes ?!

-Do not worry he'll come back when I'm satisfied.

-MYUNG !!!

The youngest laughed in front of the older man's crimson face. He hugged him before taking him to the couch with him lying down and making Sungyeol lie on him still in his arms.

-You are always so adorable when you blush that it makes me love you even more and makes me want to continue ...

-I hate you when you do that.

-But I love you

Sungyeol looked at him and saw Myungsoo's dimple smile, which caused him to sigh exaggeratedly with a smile on his face.

-And I love you too….

The older man bent down and kissed him, feeling Myungsoo's hands go back to get lost in his hair all in very soft gestures as if to remind him how much Myungsoo loved him and how no one could separate them.