CHAPTER 1: Say Something

How 'Bout You?

Jian

 

She was trembling. Her hands were shaking as she was standing in front of me. I think she got pale. I don't know if she used to be this pale or it is the moment that made her so. She took a deep breath and smiled sheepishly at me. It has been a while now that we'd been standing face to face. Does she have something to say? Why isn't she saying anything? Why does she seem hesitant? What is this all about? Is she going to relay bad news? A few minutes ago, when I was heading outside the school, I heard my name being called. It was an unfamiliar voice. I only recognized her when I turned around. Via. It was Via. I know her name, I know some of her friends and we were introduced once, infact I can also remember a time we both organized an event. But we're not friends.

 

As I stood there puzzled while waiting for her to utter a word. I heard a friend of hers 'Mela', say something.

"Go Via, say it. Say it already."

Via turned to look at Mela, who was with Krys and Tanya, her groupies.

"Shh... don't destruct me" - Via said and turned back to face me. Again, she smiled sheepishly. She took something from her pocket and handed it to me.

"Jian.. Ahm.. I... you.... the..."

she was stuttering...

"Huh?" - I asked, politely of course.

"I... you know... what... okay... breathe... what I am about to do is crazy... But I'd still do it... Ignore me after this it's okay... act like this never happened... that's better. Ahm... It's... I... I, like you Jian"

 

And with that, she ran away. Her friends just smiled as a way of courtesy and then fled away too.

 

Actually, it was too unexpected that I don't know what to feel right now. It just seem weird. I then looked at the thing she gave me. It was a small object with a wrapper and a card which wrote:

 

"To: Jian

From: Me"

 

I don't know but it's weird and funny. I opened it and it was a keychain. A letter J keychain. As I said, it was weird but it made me smile.