Han River

Lee Hi & Kim Hanbin: No One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 2018: Hayi

 

"Okay, so I guess it's a date," Hayi thought to herself out loud as she rummaged through her closet. "What do people wear on dates?"

Hayi doesn't have the answer and she had no one to ask; she couldn't risk anyone finding out that she was going on a date, with Hanbin of all people. Kim Hanbin! The famed leader of IKON! The frontman with 6 guys depending on him, the idol with so many female fans who would be so angry if they found out their bias was dating.

"Wait, but is this a date though?" Hayi stopped dead in her tracks. "He never said it was a date.... but he did ask to meet at a place where couples have dates..."

After 30 minutes of trying (and taking off) various outfits, she finally decided to go for the effortless style; something that screamed "hey, I put in some effort but I'm not trying too hard". It was spring but it was still chilly out so there weren't too many clothes

She picked out a pastel purple sweatshirt and paired it with black jeans and lace-up boots. She tied her hair in a messy half bun.

She looked at herself in her mirror and swabbed a ballet slipper-pink lip tint on her lips and cheeks.

"There you go," Hayi smiled at herself, satisfied at what she saw in the mirror.

 

The same night: Hanbin

 

Hanbin and Hayi had agreed to meet at Han River park at midnight, but Hanbin, wanting to be a gentleman on what could be two friends' first date, arrived 15 minutes early.

Sweatshirts and sweatpants were all he had in his closet, so he didn't look any different than his usual looks in the studio. There was one big difference, though: He showered and smelled great. He made sure of it; he put on deodorant and sprayed perfume everywhere that mattered. He also put on a sweatshirt that had just been laundered and combed and put on some hair product. Hanbin was satisfied with the end result, but checked one last time on his phone's front camera just to make sure.

There was some hair flying around here and there but he was satisfied. "Good enough," he raised his eyebrows while praising himself.

From the screen of his phone, he saw someone suddenly creeping up from behind him.

"!" Hanbin exclaimed, nearly dropping his phone. "Jesus, Hayi!"

Hayi laughed and her eyes disappeared. This was something Hanbin always liked about Hayi when she laughed.

"What the hell were you doing?" she asked breathlessly when her laughter eventually stopped. "Looking at yourself on your phone?"

"Yeah, I'm an idol," Hanbin said non-chalantly. "I have to look good."

Hayi scoffed. "Tch, yeah right.  You never looked this good at the studio."

"Oh, so you're saying I look good right now?" Hanbin teased.

"No!" Hayi said. She was lying. He did, in fact, look good. And smelled good, too. Hayi rarely saw Hanbin from a fresh shower, wearing hair product, and a clean sweatshirt.

Hayi's face flushed and she felt her cheeks turn hot.

"You look good too, Hayi," Hanbin smiled. He played with the bun on Hayi's head, he thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Hayi exaggerated a frown to hide her embarrassment and said, "Whatever."

For a minute or ten, the two of them sat down on a bench in the park. It was silent, there was no one in the park except for a woman on a midnight run, and a man walking his dog. Hayi and Hanbin sat in silence, watching the moon reflected on the water and listening to the crickets chirping. It was a comfortable silence; they both just enjoyed the other's company without having to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter