Family Part 1

Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hitomi was wiping the table in front of her.  She glanced at the clock on the wall.

3:30 pm.  

Soon, two kiddos will be walking through the cafe doors.  She quickly finished cleaning the table to move onto the next.  Sure enough, the cafe door opened not long after.

Hitomi frowned a bit as she noticed the two walking in were looking very dejected.  She gave Hyewon, who is working at the counter, a look.  Hyewon shrugged.

"Hi mama" "Hi Auntie Hii" Both said unenthusiastically.

The two walked over to a large table, dropped their backpacks onto the ground and sulk in their chairs.

 

Hitomi smiled at this cute scene. She gave her 7 year old daughter a side hug.

"Why is my Minju looking so sad?"

 

Minju sighed, held her head with her two hands on the table and looked over at her best friend Sakura, who was sitting across from her.

"Auntie Hiiiiiii" Sakura whined, "a kid in our class made fun of us today and said we looked like frogs because of our glasses!!"

Sakura's hands flailing in the air as she explained the story.  Hitomi noted that ever since Sakura took part in the Lion King musical, her dramatic-ness has gone up tenfold.

Hitomi laughed. 

"Auntie Hii, it's not FUNNY!" Sakura puffed.

 

"Who made fun of my cute froggie?" Hyewon placed a plate of chocolate chip cookies onto the table and lightly patted Sakura's head.

"You can have two cookies each."

 

Sakura crossed her arms and stared at her mother. "Mama, I don't want to be a froggie! Hmph! And it was that ducky, Choi Yena! Hmph!"  Hyewon laughed at her animated daughter.

Minju mumbled something and went for a cookie. Sakura shook her head and grabbed a cookie too.

 

Hitomi smiled at the two and went back to wiping the remaining tables in the cafe and putting the chairs up onto the tables.

3:50 pm.

"Hyewon, I'll go outside and wait for the van."

"Thanks Hii."


Hitomi took off her apron and stood outside the cafe.  A van pulled up by the curb.

As the teacher worked quickly to unbuckle three impatient 4 year olds, Hitomi waved at her twins.

The twins immediately waved back with large smiles on their faces. To Hitomi, these are the little moments that can make you feel all the happiness in the world. 

 

Hitomi approached the van and helped Minami in her cute twintails off the van. Minami didn't waste much time and ran straight into cafe to look for her mama.

Hitomi watched Minami head inside the cafe and when she turned towards the van again, she was attacked with a hug at each of her leg. She looked down at the two.

 

"MAMA!!"

"And how are my sweet pies today?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter