Confession

Coffee

 

 

Yifan's face has become tense, his lips are conformed to a straight line and his eyes have been opened as I have never seen them do. I shouldn't think about it now, but the idea comes to mind that with his face unstuck he still looks terribly attractive. Even something adorable. 

The coffee the waitress served us just a moment ago continues to smoke on the table, as hot as my cheeks, and I really hope Yifan doesn't find it ridiculous to see a boy blushing.

It is curious how you may be on the verge of dying from respiratory failure but the people around you will continue to be completely oblivious to it. So the murmur of the conversation in the cafeteria buzzes in my ears, annoying like an insect, while at the table we share, he and I are silent. And after a few minutes of torture, I dare to ask myself if I really chose a bad place to confess. I thought a cafeteria would be a nice place, but right now, at this moment, I don't think any place is right.

Yifan gasps, as if it had held the air all this time.

—Y-... you... what did you say? No, no.—It's corrected immediately. —There's no need, I heard everything the first time, ha, ha... what a fool," he says as if for himself. His state of surprise is more than clear. Something inside me asks me to sit still and understand his reaction, on the other hand I'd like to slap him for not picking up the signals I've been sending him for months. And I was worried about being obvious. Before I can do anything to him, he shyly puts his hand to the back of his head. —Tao, I...

—No! —Now it was my turn to interrupt. Perhaps because I am a coward or because I never had much hope for these feelings. But before I'm rejected, I just want to buy... some time. —I really like you. I swear that it started without me noticing it and then I couldn't do anything. At first everything was so confusing that I let it go by the times when my heart was racing with you, just like that. —I held one hand to my chest. — Like now. Feeling this way about my best friend fills me with fear and also shame, but above all fear, because you are such an important person to me that I don't want to lose you. That's why I didn't say anything and it worked for a while, seeing you makes me happy... but now... if you're going to reject me, please let me continue being your friend.

I avoided looking him in the eye at all times. Even if I wanted to, I was so nervous that all my efforts were focused on not getting my tongue stuck. A verbal vomit of everything I had kept quiet during those last few months, but when I finished speaking I regretted it. Now Yifan would give me his answer.

—I can't believe it. —It was the first thing he said. —Move your face, Tao, please. You interpret everything for yourself when you haven't even heard my answer. I also like you.

—I-I know... —I wanted to cry at that moment for my feelings do not corresp—...-ah?

—I told you I like you too.

I blinked once and then again. I stood still trying to put the pieces together in my head.

—How? Me?       

—Yes, you.

—Me...

—You.

—I mean, are you referring to me?

—And who else is here?! —Half a frustrated scream.

—Well, a while ago you were like a fool! —I thought it disgusted you!

—Shhh. Lower your voice, Tao. Of course I was surprised, I didn't expect you to confess first. —Yifan's lips pout in a pout and I want to pull his cheeks if not out because I want to hear his full answer. I was going to confess myself after class on Monday.

The situation had taken a tremendous turn. From being a ball of nerves I became a huge question mark. I blamed Yifan for not noticing my feelings, but who was more blind?

—What's the matter with you? Isn't it obvious that I like you?

—I... don't.

—I tried to be discreet so as not to scare you. —YiFan chuckles. It's turned out better than I expected.

—Why didn't you tell me before?

—Just like you made me nervous. Even though I knew you wouldn't reject me. I was just waiting for the right moment.

—Tsk. —I frowned. —I'm not that easy.

—You're not, you're just easy to read.

—You already knew.

—Well, we all knew.

—I made a fool of myself.

—Hey, I didn't tell you so you'd feel ashamed. It's nice. You're very cute.

Remember the coffee that smoked? Although that cafeteria was famous for giving you the exact point between bitter and sweet, the drink was the last thing we cared about.

And do you remember people's conversations? I stopped hearing them when Yifan smiled gently and touched my cheeks. The world stopped spinning as he held my face trying to convey his confidence to me.

—I am happy that you fall in love with me.

—Hey, you two!

In the end we were kicked out of that cafeteria under the threat of the manager not being welcomed back by our inappropriate displays of affection. Other words to say that the homouals frightened him of the clientele. The best part is that I had nothing to be ashamed of, not when leaving the Yifan store and I were holding hands.

We walked home, we walked everywhere together after that coffee.

 

 

END.

 

 

..........

 

I'm incredibly bad at titles, so sorry about that, lol. 
I hope you could like this little story~ 
I love these two guys TUT <3 

 

psdt: I'm also sorry about the horrible cover. ups