One-shot

Hotline: 27-03972222...

Wednesday: 15:45...

Jisoo looked up towards the clock. Dark brown eyes stayed focused, almost willing it to move. But it was stubborn and she had to internally pull herself towards herself or else she was going to release the biggest sigh ever.

"So I told him to just off you know, because I'm nobody's side dish. And he actually let me go! I was like what in the actuality of ? You're not even going to fight for..."

Looking off to her left, Jisoo tried not to strain her eyes. This girl didn't sound like she was having a breakdown. It was more like she just wanted someone to listen to her story. Her absolutely ridiculous story...

"And this is what caused you to break the window?"

She almost winced at the monotone tinge in her voice. Rail it back, she told herself. They needed to feel like she cared. Her jaw clicked and it brought her out of the daze.

"Yes, that's what I said before?

Jisoo tried not to swear under her breath as she adjusted the earpiece. The voice was a little distorted and she knew she needed to calm this woman down since anything could tick her off.

"Yes, you did say that. I just wanted to check. How are you feeling now though?"

The woman continued to rant and Jisoo's eyes stayed glued to the clock. She added a few uhms and aahs. And when the woman finally let her speak she gave her some advice.

"Lori, you need to just take some time for yourself. Jumping from one unstable relationship to another is not helping you're mental health. Go take out your journal, write everything down, transfer and then really sit and think about how you could improve your actions for the future," she waited as a small mmm came through.

"Thank you Jisoo, you always know what to say," said the now suddenly weaker voice.

"It's a pleasure, call again ok?"

"Will do," said Lori and Jisoo let the line go. She jumped up from her station and hurriedly packed up her things. Glancing at the clock, she knew she still had more than enough time but didn't want to leave it to chance. Irene gave her a wave from her station while Jennie held up her thumbs to her for good luck. She smiled back gratefully, knowing she'd need it.

Three Days Earlier...

Making sure the earpiece was set, she looked up at the time and waited. Thankfully Jennie was willing to take all the other calls directed towards her while she spoke with the woman she'd slowly fallen in love with. Well it started with her voice but then as her calls became more frequent; it genuinely felt like they had known each other forever.

Moreover she got Jisoo to do what no hotline counsellor is meant to do. She had asked a personal question and Jisoo answered back. What had surprised her is how effortless it was. There was no hesitation in her willingness to let her know what she wanted to know. And Jisoo had really liked that.

Her station buzzed and she knew that it was her. She'd changed her caller id number once she realized their calls would be more consistent. Again that was another thing she hadn't done for any of her other "regulars". She just knew who they were based on their voices. But she, she got a full on number.

"Hello Lisa? How are you?"

"Oh h..hi Jisoo uhm I'm surprisingly okay today," said a soft voice.

"Surprisingly? It makes me feel good to hear that you're happy. What happened?"

"I don't know. I just woke and was grateful for like being alive," she chuckled.

"I'm grateful for that too. Very much," smiled Jisoo.

"Yo..you mean it?" asked Lisa nervously

"Ofcourse I do. You're the best client I will ever have," laughed Jisoo.

"Stop, that can't be true," gasped Lisa.

"It sure is."

"No way."

"Yes, way"

"No way," emphasised Lisa.

"Yes way," said Jisoo and they both burst out laughing. Irene gave her a glare and Jisoo bit her lip to control herself.

"Ooh one of my colleagues just tried to kill me with her eyes. You shouldn't make me laugh like this."

"Did I get you in trouble?" asked Lisa. Jisoo drifted off in to her own thoughts, imagining the blonde's lips against her own. Absentmindly, she touched and knew she shouldn't have stalked Lisa's Instagram account this morning.

"Something like that," she answered.

"What does that mean?" Jisoo could hear the smile on her face.

"Could you call me late afternoon on Wednesday?" asked Jisoo

"Uh?"

"Around 5pm? Yeah 5," decided Jisoo.

"Oh will it be a long day for you?" asked Lisa and tried to hide the disappointment she felt.

"No, I just planned to speak even longer with you then," said Jisoo.

"Oh," Lisa felt her heart skip a beat.

"Is that okay?"

"Ahh ye..yes, yeah it's okay. I'll call you then," said Lisa cheerfully.

"Perfect, so there's nothing that's bothering you today? That you'd like to talk about?"

Lisa wanted to talk about her feelings for the woman she was speaking to. Tell her that she's all she ever thinks about nowadays and that she actually doesn't mind it. She wanted to talk about the way Jisoo really made her smile, especially when she was at her lowest. No one else could do that.

"No, I...uhm actually just called today to hear your voice," said Lisa.

"I'm happy that you called, it always brightens up my day," Jisoo couldn't wipe away the eating smile spreading across her face.

"I..I'm glad for that," gulped Lisa. Jisoo knew how to make her react.

"Ok, then I'll take other calls. We'll chat tomorrow and don't forget about Wednesday," said Jisoo.

"Yes Wednesday," said Lisa, she wished they could talk a little longer.

"Good. Have a good day further Lisa. I'm...I'm thinking of you," said Jisoo tentatively.

"I'm thinking of you too Jisoo. Thank you, we'll tall tomorrow. Bye," said Lisa. She ended the call with a goofy smile on her face.

Wednesday: 16:52pm...

"Thank you so much for today guys. You really made me feel special. I couldn't ask for better best friends," clapped Lisa.

"Ofcourse Lis, today's your day. Besides you would have gotten so mopey if we," Rosé thumped BamBam's side before he could finish the sentence. He grimaced uncomfortably.

"We just wish we could take you out tonight," said Rosé, " You sure you don't want to go clubbing later?"

"No, no. I have to talk with Jisoo and I don't know how long that's gonna be," she said softly.

"Awww you and Jisoo got a phone date," teased Sorn and they saw the redness cover Lisa's face.

"It's just... she said we could talk longer today. So I don't want anything to disrupt that," whispered Lisa. Rosé smiled at her friend's cuteness.

"Well enjoy it Lis. And maybe give her some hints about having an actual date. You know, instead of this ambiguous you guys got going over the phone," said Rosé.

"Aww Rosie that's so true, the other night I heard them borderline almost having phone . And I was like , isn't Jisoo at work," laughed BamBam.

"Shut up, it wasn't like that!" stomped Lisa and they all laughed happily. She walked them out of her little house and thanked them again for spoiling her. Once her door was shut, she bolted back to the living room and dialled the number.

Feeling her phone buzz, Jisoo hurriedly tried to find a nearby parking. As she stopped, a black Jeep passed by with two girls and a guy. They all looked very familiar and when she saw the girl with the red hair in the passenger, she knew.

It was Rosé, Lisa's best friend. She'd stalked her Instagram account too but not as badly as Jennie did. She had saved Lisa's caller Id number to her own personal phone. It was against policy but the blonde was worth breaking the rules for. Grinning she answered lightly.

"Hello Lisa,"

"Hi Jisoo," she lied down on her couch in to a more comfortable position.

"So, how are you feeling today?"

"It's been good so far, I guess. Rosie, BamBam and Sorn took me out to the arcade. They were all so sweet and let me choose all the things we could do," she smiled.

"That sounds like a lot of fun," said Jisoo and opened up the door. She moved to open up the backseat and rummaged around.

"It was, I mean, I didn't expect them to put so much effort in. But it was nice,"

"Effort for what?" asked Jisoo as she took out the bouquet of flowers and bag. She closed the door softly and looked at the house. She'd gotten the address from their profile system and again she didn't give a flying if it was illegal.

"Oh, uhm, nothing really," stumbled Lisa, she closed her eyes hoping Jisoo wouldn't push it.

"Nothing? It can't be nothing if they were spoiling you?" She began to walk lightly towards the house and felt her heart begin to race.

"Uhm well, they were just being good friends. Anyway how are you? Is the office busy?"

"I don't know," said Jisoo and stopped in front of the door.

"Huh?"

"Well, I'm not at the office," said Jisoo.

"You're not? Where are you then?" asked Lisa and she heard a knock on her door.

"Hold on Jisoo," Lisa got up hurriedly, ready to shoo away whoever was disturbing her precious call time. Flinging the door open, dropped at the familiar face. One she'd only seen on social media images.

"I'm here," said Jisoo with a wide grin, and watched in amusement at the shock on Lisa's face. The blonde heard the voice say exactly the same thing from the phone. Seeing the phone in Jisoo's hand, she knew this wasn't a dream.

It was still sinking in to her that Jisoo was at her front door. Noticing how long it was taking her to respond, Jisoo stepped inside and closed the door. She mustered up her courage, stepped close to the blonde and placed a soft kiss on to her cheek.

"Happy Birthday Lisa, I...I got this for you," she said softly while handing her the flowers and gift. The kiss, jolted Lisa back and she felt the blood rush in her body. Taking the things from Jisoo, she gave a soft thank you.

"How are you here?" she asked with a grin.

"I was hoping I could explain that on our date," said Jisoo. She prayed that this would work and rebuked any thought of possible rejection.

"D..ddate," Lisa had no words.

"Yeah, it's time you know but I really like you. Like beyond like you," chuckled Jisoo, "and I was hoping that I could to take you out today. Just to show you how much I," Lisa dropped everything and jumped in to Jisoo's arms. She kissed her with scorching emotion and Jisoo returned it with equal passion. They broke for a breath before, giving each other a few more gentle kisses.

"Let's just stay here. I..want to just be in your presence," whispered Lisa and moved in for another kiss.

"Okay then. I get that. I'll be here as long as you want me," smiled Jisoo.

"It might be for a very long time, " teased Lisa.

"Well, I'm here for it Lisa. I'm here for it," and they kissed each other softly before heading in to the living room, completely forgetting about the star-like flowers on the floor and the bag that spilt out the carved locket.