Favorite Subject

BTOB One Shot Stories
Changsub was getting bored, he had been fidgeting on his seat for fifteen minutes now. Until his eyes landed on his possible target, their maknae. Sungjae was sitting on the floor, arranging some papers. The older one sat beside him and started poking him. “Play with me Sungjae-yah.” he told him but was ignored. He repeatedly does it until Sungjae snapped at him. “Aish! Stop it hyung! Go annoy someone else. Can't you see I'm busy here? Don't you have anything better to do?” he was clearly not in mood. The older one was taken aback by his sudden reaction and muttered an apology to him.

Peniel was about to go out when he happened to hear their conversation. “Sungjae, that's not the right way of talking to your hyung.” he said firmly. Changsub nervously laughed. “It's fine, I was the one being annoying anyway. It's my fault. I should know my limits.”

Peniel won't take his eyes off the younger one, who kept on doing what he's doing as if nothing's going on. Sensing the situation that both are not in good mood, Changsub knows that it's not a good idea that both of them continued staying in the same room. “Let's go for a walk Peniel. Let's get some fresh air.”

Without saying a word, Peniel followed him out. Changsub sighed in relief, he doesn't want to cause further trouble.

“Sorry about that hyung. I just don't like his tone when he said that.”

“No, I should be the one saying sorry. I was the one who started bothering him. But thanks for standing up for me. Let's get parfait, my treat.” Changsub smiled. Peniel grinned. “I really do need one to cool me down.”

Changsub digs in as soon as the orders came. But only after one spoonful, his face was contorted in a funny way. “Argh! Brain .. freezeeeee.”

Peniel erupted in laughter upon seeing his expression. He immediately took pictures of him. Changsub was distracted by the sound of the camera. “Yah! Let me see that.” he said, attempting to take Peniel’s camera. “No way hyung. You'll just delete it like the last time.” There's no point of pleading or arguing, Changsub eventually gets over it and starts eating again.

Their next destination is the park, which was originally Peniel’s plan to go to before the not so good encounter with the maknae. Taking his camera and getting in a good position, he starts taking pictures. Changsub was just behind him, quietly observing. “Wow! That looks great, you captured it just in time before it flew away.” he remarked, admiring the artistic side of his dongsaeng. “I bet you've taken tons of photos, but do you have your favorite so far?” Peniel ponders for a while. He chuckled and glanced at his hyung. “Well, that's a tough question. I can't really choose one. But I really love the candid ones that I took. It just feels genuine.”

Deep down inside, he already knows his favorite.

Changsub decided to stay at the bench while Peniel started roaming around to take more photos. It didn't took too long before he became enthralled by the scenery. Closing his eyes and enjoying the breeze, he couldn't help but to get lost in the moment. The rustling of the leaves made him drowsy. Oblivious that he's not alone anymore.

Click

Click

Click

“Hyung wake up!”

“What?” he jolted awake.

“You fell asleep. It's getting dark, time to go home.”

“How long did I stay this way?”

Peniel just shrugged his shoulders in response.

The way back to their dorm was silent. Peniel was preoccupied with checking all the photos he took. But as they were getting near, Changsub have become anxious as he remembered what happened earlier. Feeling bad about what his actions had made.

“You okay hyung?” Peniel asked.

“Hmm.”

“You've been sighing for the 15th time already hyung. Still bothered about earlier?”

Changsub nods. “I haven't realized how annoying I really am until that incident. I just can't stay still. I should stop being annoying from now on.”

“That won't be necessary hyung. Yes, you can be annoying when you get too playful. Sometimes we get irritated. We're used to your antics though, I can imagine how boring it would be if you were the opposite.”

“But-” he was cut off.

“No buts hyung. Just be who you are.” Peniel gave him a reassuring smile.

“Don't fight with Sungjae, okay?” Changsub said as they were already in the building.

Peniel chuckled. “Nah, I'll let it pass. I'm good. I feel better actually. It must be the parfait.”

You. He can't always say what's on the tip of his tongue.

“Thanks hyung. I had fun today. Don't overthink okay? Sungjae must've realized what he did by now.” he stares at him one last time before entering their dormitory. Smile plastered on his face. At that time, some of the members are already back. Sungjae was sitting on the couch, probably waiting for them to return. “Changsub hyung.” he said as he spotted the two.

“Yes Sungjae?”

“Can I talk to you for a moment?”

“Sure.” Changsub proceeded to sit beside him.

Peniel went to their room right away. He took his laptop to transfer all the photos he took. Creating a new folder with the date of that day, to archive the new ones that he got. But some photos didn't go to the supposed folder, instead it went to the one named Favorite. He smiled to himself. “I really did took great pictures today.” he said as started browsing more candid photos of the one and only, Lee Changsub.

His favorite subject.