buenos aires

11 + 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

to the fans, hitomi is that one guy in the group where everybody loves and no one can ever truly hate because who in the sane mind would even feel like that. her hyewon unnie is no exception of course, the older girl is like a sister from another mother to her. sure there weren't many interactions between them that were shown in the screen for the public but it goes way more than that. the first few days of them being announced as a group were especially tough to the bread loving member (and her japanese members). she is thrown into overseas, set to debut in an unfamiliar country that she had a hard time grasping the culture, it was only rational to break down in the middle of the night; away from her members' eyes.

the first few nights were a hassle, trying to find every chance to get away from the people is a thing that hitomi grew accustomed. the youngest japanese girl knew deep inside her that she can't keep her pace forever, that she will have to face her problems. the day finally arrived when hitomi just got back to the dorms with her respective dorm mates after practicing, the pressure once again bubbled up to the point where she'd cry and sob and lull herself to sleep; her plan is that, too bad the quiet girl who got the eighth place accidentally spotted her sniffling by the sink. once hitomi's attention was alerted, she hurriedly wipes her nose and eyes with a tissue which she always brings, but it was too late; hyewon had already seen everything. instead of minding her own business like any normal person would, the taller girl did exactly the opposite. hitomi knows that the korean girl only had concern for her (that she silently appreciates). hyewon instinctively walked towards the red-faced girl and slips her hands into her pocket, revealing a piece of food. the younger girl didn't even need to know that it was a bread, all she knows is that is etching a small smile in her face. hyewon puts her hands on hitomi's cheeks and smiles at her. the latter didn't even understand how she conveys actions into feelings, feelings that comforts her. but hitomi doesn't need to know, all she knows is that she feels comfortable around hyewon, something she didn't even thought.

if hitomi is that lovable kid that nobody hates, then nako would've probably be the small kid that everybody likes to tease but is nonetheless wholeheartedly loved by everyone. true to that, nako is often teased by her group members by her height. after all, who would've thought that standing at a hundred and forty nine centimeters is a vessel for the thug inside her. hyewon is no exception in the hype train in teasing nako's height though she mostly is a laugher instead of being the one who makes the jokes. it is fun when you think how nako is always given a thing or something that can be used as a leverage, hence why she is comparable to yujin in height during the photoshoots. hyewon mostly teases her but she knows that behind that is an overwhelming affection that the korean has for her.

although the jokes and constant teasing from her members were harmless, it often leads nako into thoughts that go to the negative spectrum of emotions. sure she's always reminded that even though she is small, her attitude and talent is more than enough for it; but a small part at the back of her brain constantly reminds her what would be her life if she's as tall and as slim as the group maknae. don't get her wrong though, wonyoung is everything and kind to her but the little nako can't help but to imagine herself in the youngest's position. thoughts about her height led to her self esteem lowering down which led to herself being a little bit blue; a complete opposite of her usual demeanor. nako would often look at herself at the mirror and try talking to herself, about things that she can never have. hyewon spots her one day in the middle of her routine. to say that nako is terrified and embarassed is an understatement, she had been literally sweating buckets the moment she had been found out. still, hyewon has a habit of taking people by surprise and she does that to the small girl. before nako can speak a word, the otaku's arms had already s its way to nako's back and pulls her into an embrace. she takes the back of nako's head and it affectionately. "you don't need to be tall nako-chan, you're perfect just the way you are." the younger girl can't help but to tear up at hyewon's murmurs and actions, she swears that she'll always cherish that mysterious unnie.

chaewon might be a little scary and intimidating at the outside, but hyewon's sure as hell that as hard she is in the outside, as soft she is in the inside. she's the living definition of a chewing gum between the members. truth be told, hyewon found her cold as an ice the moment she met her the first time. it took quite a while though, for chaewon to reveal her soft side to her members aside from eunbi who knew her since the trainee days. she's always regarded as the other half of the no jam duo alongside minju but she didn't care a bit about it. everyone probably notices her for her cold aura but her talents can't ever be denied as one the best within the group; minju always says it to her though, matched with heartstruck eyes of course.

but chaewon isn't a perfect human being, no matter how many times minju smashes it into her brain. sure she is one of the best vocalist and one of the best dancers in the group but she'd be lying if she didn't notice the discrepancy of the people's attention to her and to the other members. sure she's one of the most talented members in the group (though all of them are) but chaewon is downright sure that she doesn't get the attention that she really would have wanted. "don't dwell on it, it's a good thing that your members are getting the limelight", she tells herself. but the gangnam-born girl couldn't lie to herself, no matter how many times that she convinces herself that it doesn't hurt when the other girls are being praised, the pain and sadness within her wouldn't tell her so. chaewon thinks that the she lacks something, maybe the people found something in the others that she doesn't have, maybe she's half a second too late in dancing or maybe she can't reach the note assigned to her. the teenager fills up her minds with thoughts, with maybes, because maybe she might be noticed if she did. all these caused her to beat herself up during vocal and dance lessons, staying up all night; determined to push herself harder. but hyewon doesn't really sleep when one of her members is not yet tucked in bed, so she goes to the dance room first and then to the vocal room. there she finds chaewon straining too much, visibly dried tears strewn on her cheeks. hyewon doesn't take a second before breaking off into a sprint and taking the headset off the stressed out girl. chaewon is wordless as hyewon cleans up the equipment and clothes her in a thick jacket. "hey, i love you, you know that right? look at me when you perform, that way you'll see me being your biggest fan." chaewon had a goodnight sleep for the first time for months.

yuri had always been one of the members that is unexpectedly clingy though only for yena and hyewon, but it's mostly the former. although yena's her soulmate, it doesn't stop her from clinging unto the older 99-liner. the acts often involve a tight hug by the waist or resting of head on the shoulders or the most unexpected action, a peck on the cheeks. these often evoke jealousy from yena so she tries to steal away yuri, if she can't then she'll try to steal hyewon. going back to the topic, yuri is a straight-forward person, she doesn't try to hide her frustration when something goes wrong during practices; it is expect from someone who undoubtly wears her heart on the sleeve. her straight-forwardness often causes a stir between the people and public.

she is one of the best vocalist in the whole show, it's a given. yuri nonetheless tries to tone down the pride that she's gaining and replaces it with humbleness, it was expected; yuri is a really good person, of course. she always do things that can help her teammates during every battle, she genuinely cares for the people that she works and teams up with. although along this is the certain harshness whenever she doesn't get the desired result from her team, but it's for the betterment of the team. one of the things that she always does is to voice out her opinion about a certain thing. this thus resulted into the whole fiasco between her and sakura. it was nothing at first but the comments gradually turned into something that yuri can't even ignore. her opinion towards sakura's evaluation turned the public's eye upon her. the comments kept going and going until she can't take it anymore, sakura is the nation's center after all, who was she to voice out her opinion. yuri even dropped down to F, it's karma they said. the night she got top 3, yuri felt utter bliss. that changed when they got to the dorm though, maybe there's still people who are demanding that she be kicked out, this became the main source for her paranoia at the very first night. yuri takes a jacket and decides to walk by the night sky. as she passes by each of sakura's posters, yuri begins feeling guilt as she realizes how much the japanese was loved. by the time she returns to the dorm, she is instantly greeted by the pretty girl from the boombayah team, along with a cup of hot chocolate for the two of them. yuri first ignores her, it didn't work so she tries to push her away by the same thing that caused her to be hated by some people. "you're annoying me, how did you even manage to enter the group?" she winces slightly at the sound of her own words. hyewon pays no heed to her words though, she just silently offers the mug of choco for her. "don't worry about the comments yuri-ssi. stating opinions doesn't make you a bad person." yuri brightens up at that and sits in the table with her. she finally feels like she can now smile without pretending.

anyone who probably looks at iz*one would be mostly drawn to the unrealistic beauty that is known as kim minju. heck, not everyone might say that she's their type but it's a blatant lie when someone says that she's not pretty. almost all of korea consider her a top notch visual, even her members can never deny that, unless it's chaewon (but it's only because she knows that minju is obviously wrapped around her finger). her main strength as an idol and as a person is never in her looks or visuals, it's buried between her very being; hardworking. it's the same thing that makes her member love her more and the thing that keeps her awake at night. after all, the world has never been light on idols, it's bound to come sooner or later.

minju is everything that a person can possess and come off as a goddess. this, as often as they are, always causes a deep red flush in minju's face. she probably can never get used to the feeling of being complemented. and as often as they are said to her face, minju also often wonder when will she get attention for her talents too. she knows that she's pretty, she knows it all too well but what she doesn't is if people will ever recognize her hardwork. her phantasms about being as good as chaeyeon and eunbi in dancing or being as vocally gifted as yuri and chaewon is always awakened inside her whenever she hears the praises that she has always received. much like her lifetime partner, chaewon, minju often stays up late either in the vocal room or the dance studio to practice; even when they have a schedule in the next four hours. the visual ignores the soreness of or the aching muscles in her body, all for the purpose of wanting to be noticed by others. she eventually breaks down and curls up in the floor after times and times of being off beat or hitting the wrong note. what she doesn't notice is that hyewon is quietly observing her the whole time she was practicing, a food box and a bottle of water in hand. the older girl walks briskly at the sight of her dongsaeng breaking down. she immediately pulls minju into a sitting position, backed up against the wall. the rapper brings out a tissue and wipes the puffy eyes ever so gently. taking a scoop of the contents of the box, she feeds the tired girl, much to minju's whining. the actions kept minju grounded as she's really tired, absolutely tired from practicing and trying to please the public. hyewon finally stands up and offers a hand to the girl, which minju takes. "don't beat yourself up minguri. we all know you're better at dancing and singing than i am." the younger girl burst out in laughter and latches to hyewon's arm, head rested in her shoulder. finally, minju stops trying to please others.

if there's someone who has a complete hundred and eighty degree personality, hyewon probably would've bet on chaeyeon. see, at first glance, people might probably mistake chaeyeon as a person with likes of yena and yujin: all of them being as the resident pranksters of the group and being overall noisy. but many people have fallen victim due to her joyful exterior. sure she may have a laugh that puts even statues into fits of laughter but her main weapon really is her moves. chaeyeon's moves easily pass off as one of the best in the industry, every single one of her members always wear a familiar look of astonishment. though she's a really talented girl, there's always bad bunch of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter