the beginning

Perfect World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month since the entrance ceremony. And it’s also been a month since Nayeon met the Parks and Sana’s fiancé. Her duties have been adjusted and it’s becoming lesser as she would out from the organization once it’s already between July and August. Her 3rd year is indeed more colorful then her previous two years. Reasons. First, she has someone that she can tease and take care of. Second, she didn’t need to worry about student’s behavior anymore. beside, it’s not in her forte anyway. third, her father has agreed to let Nayeon take care of his businesses.

 

And in this 1 month, Nayeon has gotten along with Jihyo, Jisoo, and Mina who happened to be in the same class together. And Sana who is just one year younger than her seems to be happier when Mina entered her life. Nayeon couldn’t be more grateful for that.

 

Right now, Nayeon is heading toward school with her father driving her car. don’t know what has struck him, but Nayeon just accept it anyway. It’s been a while since the two of them spend time together. Nayeon couldn’t hide her happiness ever since both she and her father having their breakfast. And that makes her father chuckled beside her.

 

“you looked so happy right now. is there something that you want to share?” her father, Im Jaebeom asked.

 

Nayeon shook her head and show the biggest smile that she ever had. Jaebeom just smiled at her daughter’s antics. It’s been a while to see Nayeon this happy.

 

“is there somewhere that you want to go after school?” Jaebeom asked again.

 

Of course Nayeon nodded her head happily. “the hills that you ever took me to. I missed the scenery there.” the girl happily answered. Jaebeom smiled after hearing that answer coming from her daughter.

 

In the past, Jaebeom used to take Nayeon to everywhere she wanted. But ever since the death of his wife, Nayeon closed herself and rarely talk to anyone else. Jaebeom also became busy thanks to it. but deep inside his heart, he’s really worried about his daughter.

 

But looking at the beautiful smile that come from her daughter, it makes him felt relieved. He almost missed the way his daughter grew beautifully into a girl with an elegant aura and a graceful demeanor. Nayeon has always been the face of the Im family. And Jaebeom know that it is a pressure for Nayeon, but somehow her daughter could live easily without any burden on her life. and Jaebeom is really grateful for that.

 

“what time should papa pick you, hm?” Jaebeom asked once Nayeon’s car entered the front gate and drive smoothly until they reached the school building.

“4 o’clock.” Nayeon exclaimed happily.

 

Jaebeom smiled as he ruffles Nayeon’s hair which earned a whine and a pout from his daughter.

 

“I’m no longer a kid, pa. Stop ruffling my hair.” Nayeon whined while fixing her hair and Jaebeom just laughed at it.

“be a good girl and listen to what your teacher said to you, okay? Papa love you, dear.” Jaebeom said as he pecked Nayeon’s forehead.

“Yeonnie love papa too. see you later, pa.” Nayeon bid her greeting to her beloved father after pecking Jaebeom’s cheeks.

 

And just like that, Nayeon got out from her car with bag on her shoulder as she watched her father left the school building. She couldn’t hide her happy smile as she walk toward the student council’s office. She needs to tell Sana and Jeongyeon about this information.

 

She happily skips along the hallway and just past anyone that greet her. this is really not her, but the happiness makes her become like this. So when she enters the office, everyone inside just stare at her with a weird facial expression. Especially Jeongyeon and Sana that has spent 2 years with the older girl. they knew who Nayeon is, which is why it’s really weird for them to see Nayeon this happy. Because all this time Nayeon only complaint about how plain her life is.

 

“guess what happen to me this morning!” Nayeon ordered to Jeongyeon and Sana that discussing about something before Nayeon’s arrival.

“you won a lottery?” Sana plainly asked. Clearly not interested in what Nayeon trying to say.

 

Nayeon pouted as she put her bag onto her throne (the black leather chair that belonged to her for 2 years). Jeongyeon chuckled before putting her pen onto the table and join Sana that trying to figure out what happened to her cousin.

 

“uncle took you to school?” Jeongyeon asked. and Nayeon nods her head like a children that got her candy. And Sana could only sighed when she knows the answer.

 

Nayeon could be childish sometime and now she knows the reason why Nayeon acted like that. the older girl has missed a lot of time. a lot of time to spend with her family. Because, all this time she always spend her time in the office doing some files that took a decade to finish.

 

“this is the reason why uncle Jaebeom didn’t want you to inherit all his businesses.” Jeongyeon easily said without doing anything.

 

Jeongyeon has observed her cousin’s life. Nayeon being busy with her own world, minding her jobs rather than spending her time with her parents. And honestly that really disappoint Jeongyeon. She knows that Nayeon missed her parents being together, but always giving excuses like busy with her work, there’s still some meetings that she needs to attend.

 

If she could describe Nayeon with a word, then it would be fool. Nayeon is a fool. And everyone inside their family could see how Jaebeom really missed his daughter just by looking at his eyes. Nayeon is growing, but her heart didn’t. her heart only grows the spaces that someone other than her family members to fill in.

 

“yeonnie, I know that you love your jobs that much. But can you please at least spend your time for a while with papa?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

Nayeon looked up to see Jeongyeon. For someone who grew up with her, Jeongyeon sure know how to talk to her. so without saying anything, Nayeon just walk toward her seat and show her smile only. The rest didn’t dare to open their mouth. Even only to say something. Because they knew, if the yeons are disturbed when they’re talking about something serious, the whole office could change into a disaster.

 

“hey, Jeong. Are you working on a new song?” Nayeon suddenly asked when she saw a pile of crumpled papers piling beside the table that Jeongyeon is using.

“apparently, she’s writing it while thinking about Momo.” Sana said with a teasing tone and a smirk plastered on her lips.

 

Nayeon stopped doing anything and let her brain processed any single things that Sana just said. Momo… Momo… “Jeong, don’t tell me that it’s Hirai Momo that Sana is talking about. Seriously?” Nayeon can’t believe it. someone like Jeongyeon fall for someone like Momo?

 

“shut up, will you? I’m just looking for an inspiration and Momo just happened to fit into the next concept that I’m trying to challenge.” Jeongyeon tried to defend herself but, Sana is Sana. The snake that like to tease other people.

 

Nayeon just being Nayeon and Sana being Sana. They knew that Jeongyeon might have any crush on her own best friend but she doesn’t want to admit it yet. and neither both of them want to talk about it any further. Leaving the poor girl on her own misery. No, Nayeon and Sana don’t want it to happen.

 

“I’ll help you with the guide, if you want.” Nayeon offered which makes Jeongyeon to look at her with a wide smile

“thanks, unnie. I promised I’ll let you know when it’s finished.” Jeongyeon said before she returned to do her job.

 

Nayeon took her phone out and decided to skip her classes until lunch break. Skipping classes is something that Nayeon rarely did. But when she’s in the mood, she won’t hesitate to skip the whole classes if she want to.

 

“Sacchan, do you have any candidate for this year’s president?” Nayeon asked to Sana with her nickname.

 

Sana turns to look at Nayeon and frowns. “isn’t it your duty to find them?” Nayeon just scroll her phone and thinks.

 

“well, it’s supposed to be mine. But since you’re the one who’s going to be the president for this year, you should be the one to find the candidates.” Nayeon argued.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter