2yeon (angst) pt. 1

shocked, but not surprised
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by fqueen

Thank you for the prompt!

“Good morning!”

If there was anything that Yoo Jeongyeon passionately hated, it was Im Nayeon’s overly bubbly and cheerful morning greetings she received every damn morning for more than a year.

Her greetings weren’t just overly bubbly and cheerful – they were borderline annoying and childish. They were approaching adulthood for God sake, there was no need to wave that frantically to someone standing less than 30 centimeters from you and with a really loud voice, at that.

It was embarrassing and effective to turn any attention toward her.

She thought that once they entered senior year Nayeon would drop off her immature way of greeting but nooo, Jeongyeon was wrong.

Jeongyeon groaned, her ears reddening with the amount of attention she gained so early in the morning. Jeongyeon quickly regained her composure and power-walked to her seat, where Nayeon was sitting at. “Morning,” Jeongyeon gruffly replied with a low voice, clucking her tongue in annoyance as she felt her energy she built up after a good night rest was quickly drained by that ‘cute’ greeting. “Can you now move out of my seat?”

“Oh!” Nayeon exclaimed, standing upright in a split second before shuffling out from Jeongyeon’s supposed seat. “I’m saving this seat for you, that’s all!” She reasoned lamely, now standing right beside Jeongyeon and clung to her, ignoring the fact that the seat was assigned.

Jeongyeon sighed then leaned on her right foot, her arm desperately trying to escape from Nayeon’s grip.

While perhaps Jeongyeon seemed to dislike Nayeon, she thought it was unnecessary to be explicitly rude to her. Especially when she knew Nayeon was harboring a crush on her. It wasn’t quite a secret, to be honest. But what made things awkward was the fact that Nayeon still tried to flirt her way to Jeongyeon’s arm while Jeongyeon herself was happily taken with the school’s favorite representative, Park Jihyo.

Jeongyeon knew she had to be stern if she wanted the message to come across, but she was a kind soul by nature and seeing her angry was very rare. The last time she snapped was the time where Nayeon boldly sat on her lap, in front of students and her girlfriend, Park Jihyo.

Right now, the said girlfriend was sitting at the front, but her back was turned toward her and her large pair of eyes were pointedly looking at them. She showed a blank expression, but Jeongyeon knew Jihyo was warning both of them through her pointed look.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter