Mission Accomplished!

Recollection Of Properties

The Japanese couple are now walking silently alongside each other as they walk on their way to the market. Their manager was supposed to drive them there but Jihyo suddenly called asking for their manager to bring her some towel, leaving the couple no choice but to walk. But their manager promised to pick them up later though. 

 

 

“M-Mitang?” Momo called with nervousness, her fingers fiddling with the hem of her sweatshirt as she waits for the latter's reply. 

 

 

“Hmm?” The younger only hummed as a response but she diverted her gaze to look at her girlfriend. 

 

 

“Can I...” Momo bit her lip as she finally looked at Mina, she swallowed hard before asking “Can I hold your.. h-hand?” she asked with nervousness lacing in her voice. 

 

 

“Momo, you didn't to ask.” Mina chuckled as her hands automatically found Momo's, intertwining it together as she adds, “It's meant for you to hold anyway.”

 

 

The older girl tightened her hold on her girlfriend's hand and was supposed to say something but chose to kept quiet.

 

 

“Hey, are you okay? Is something wrong?” Mina asked with worry when she noticed how tensed Momo's whole body is. 

 

 

Momo was about to speak but they had already reached the mart and so yet again, she was left mum. 

 

 

“Oh let's get this! Nayeon unnie can't live without this.” Mina giggled at the thought, in her hand lays a box of cereal. 

 

 

“O-oh sure.. let's get that.” Momo replied with a forced smile. She waited for Mina to place the cereal box on the cart and when the penguin finally turned around, she placed a box of another cereal back on its place, “Sorry bud, my girlfriend wants something else. I'll eat you next time.” 

 

 

The whole time they were doing their task, Momo was very quiet. She would only give her girlfriend a nod as a reply whenever she asks if she got the right item or when Mina picks the ice cream flavor that Nayeon really wants and also when she chose a pack of jellies saying that their Nayeon unnie always buys that. 

 

 

They stood outside the mart, plastic bags full of groceries in their hands as they wait for their manager oppa to arrive. 

 

 

“Hey, you okay? You seem really off since earlier.” Mina comments, noticing how unusually quiet her girlfriend is around her. 

 

 

Momo only gave her a nod though. 

 

 

“Momoring,” Mina placed the plastic bags that she was holding down before encircling her arm around the older's shoulder and gliding it down to rest on Momo's arm, “what's wrong? Please tell me.”

 

 

Momo heaved a sigh before saying, “It's just that.. I'm sorry Mina. I'm really sorry..” 

 

 

“Huh? Why are you saying sorry?” Mina quirked her brow at the latter. 

 

 

“Well...” Momo chewed on her lower lip for a couple of seconds before adding, “I feel sorry for taking you here with me.”

 

 

Mina faced the older, her both hands went to Momo's tensed shoulders. “What are you talking about? Why would you feel sorry about that?” 

 

 

“Mina,” Momo glanced at the said girl to make sure that she's listening, “I know that you wanted to be with Nayeon unnie. I thought about asking her to go to the mart with you earlier but she went inside the bathroom and I didn't got the chance to ask her. I know that you're disappointed, clearly not happy to go with me, based on your expression earlier when I told you that it's our time to do the grocery. And.. you bought everything with a thought of Nayeon unnie. I mean, first with that cereal. You used to buy the other one, you know the one that we eat together at night when everyone's asleep. And that ice cream.. you usually pick the flavor that I like so much but you got the one that.. Nayeon unnie wants. It's obvious that you wanna spend time with her rather than being with me so sorry. Sorry that you got your time wasted because of me. Sorry because I'm here instead of Nayeon unnie.” 

 

 

Mina's obviously surprised based on her expression. She didn't expect that Momo would feel this way with her actions. Actually, she didn't plan all of these things, all she did was to buy the stuffs that her Nayeon unnie had told her to get earlier through a text. And even though she didn't really did anything bad, she felt so guilty seeing her girlfriend like this. 

 

 

“Momoring, it's not like that.” Mina cupped Momo's face and made her look at her, “Okay first, I'm not disappointed because you're here with me and not Nayeon unnie. I'm not saying this because of me being your girlfriend, I'm saying this because I love you and I'm more than happy to spend time with you wherever and whenever it is. You knew how much of a homebody I am. I prefer being in the house that's why I had that look on my face earlier. I didn't react like that because I don't want to go with you, okay? Second, I only bought those stuff because Nayeon unnie texted me, telling me not to forget to buy those for her. I didn't get the things that we used to buy because I thought of trying something else. I'm sorry if I didn't explain things causing you to misunderstand it. Momoring, I wouldn't do something to purposely hurt your feelings. You know that right?”

 

 

“Of course I know that... I actually heard you telling Nayeon unnie about that last nig—” Momo wasn't able to finish when Mina talked, “You what? You heard all of that?”

 

 

“N-not all of it! Well I only checked to see if you're already in your room and then I heard you talking about you loving me for who I am and then that's it. I got back in my room since I was really sleepy already. I.. I actually told myself that I have nothing to worry about when you said that with such sincerity but I just couldn't help it. You were so close with Nayeon like you were together the whole time and even if I try, I can't stop myself from getting... jealous.” Momo admitted, head looking down as she was shy with her confession. 

 

 

Mina didn't get the chance to reply when their manager arrived. They placed the plastic bags in the trunk and they were supposed to enter the car but Mina told them to wait for her because she forgot something. 

 

 

A few minutes passed when Mina came back with a plastic bag in her hand. She gave it to Momo once she was seated beside her. 

 

 

“What's this?” Momo asked but Mina only gestured her to check it herself and she was surprised to see the box of cereal that she wanted to get earlier as well as the tub of her favorite ice cream flavor. 

 

 

“Next time, tell me what you want. I'll get it for you, whatever it is. Because I love you,” Mina kissed her girlfriend's forehead before adding, “so much. You're my everything. Don't forget that, okay? Because you're mine” she then gave Momo's lips a chaste kiss, “and I'm only yours to have.” 

 

 

A deep blush crept on Momo's face but that didn't stop her from inching her head towards Mina to kiss her. 

 

 

Just when their lips were about to touch, “Ehem!” their manager cleared his throat and so the two pulled away, embarrassed. 

 

 

“Oppss, well I guess we just gotta continue this at the dorm.” Mina told her girlfriend in a hushed tone, to prevent their manager from hearing her, before sending her a flirty wink. 

 

 

“Yes. We need to continue this.” Momo answers just as quiet as Mina did. “But hey, I love you too so much.” she says with a cheeky grin and just settled with kissing her girlfriend by the cheek. 

 

 

Well, who knows what might happen at the dorm.

 

                                             ——

 

“Can I help you with something?” Nayeon asked Jeongyeon for the nth time. 

 

 

“I told you already, I got this.” Jeongyeon answered for the nth time as well since the older kept asking her the same repeating question the moment she saw her cleaning the dorm. 

 

 

“Are you sure?” Nayeon insists, still wanting to help her girlfriend out saying that since it's just the both of them there, she must help her out and not just watch her. Or maybe she just wants Jeongyeon's attention well who knows?

 

 

Jeongyeon sighed frustratedly as she finally faced her girlfriend, “Okay, okay. Just wash the dishes that w—”

 

 

“On it!” Nayeon enthusiastically says before getting on her feet to dash towards the kitchen. 

 

 

“Aigoo, that girl..” Jeongyeon shook her head from left to right with a smile. She's still upset for some reason but being whipped is part of her culture so you get the point. 

 

 

Jeongyeon went back to wiping the dust off of their mini table at the living room when she heard a sound of a glass breaking followed by Nayeon's scream. 

 

 

“That doesn't sound good.” Jeongyeon dropped all the cleaning materials that she was holding and ran to the kitchen. 

 

 

The first thing that she saw was the blood that was dripping from her girlfriend's finger, “Nayeon!” 

 

 

Jeongyeon immediately checked Nayeon's bleeding finger and saw that the cut was a little deep. 

 

 

“I was just washing the plates an—” 

 

 

“Let's get your wound treated.” Jeongyeon says with authority in her voice. She opened the faucet to wash the wound and then she pulled Nayeon to the dining table and made her sit. “I'll get the first aid kit.”

 

 

Nayeon nodded her head as a response and not even a minute ago, Jeongyeon went back with the kit in her hand. “Give me your hand.” 

 

 

The oldest did as she was told and let her girlfriend clean her wound. She would hiss in pain from time to time but Jeongyeon was too focused on treating her wound to stop but she made sure to be gentle to not hurt Nayeon much. 

 

 

“Can you please use the one with the penguin design?” Nayeon asked cutely when she saw that her girlfriend was about to apply a band-aid. 

 

 

Jeongyeon looked at her weirdly but complied to Nayeon's request anyway. “You must like penguins a lot. I guess that's why you cuddled with Mina.” she didn't mean to blurt that out but it just came out of all of the sudden. 

 

 

“Wha– aww is my Jeongyeonie jealous?” Nayeon asked as she cupped Jeongyeon's face to squish it. 

 

 

Jeongyeon swatted Nayeon's hands off of her face before standing up and taking the kit with her, “Nope. Anyway I'm done.” 

 

 

Nayeon was quick to grab the latter's arm, “But we're not.” she hooked their arms together as she leaned her head on the younger's shoulder “Just admit it. You were jealous weren't you? Hmm?”

 

 

The youngest of the two scoffed at the speculation, “I told you, I'm not. Why would I be jealous?”

 

 

But Nayeon just doesn't know when to stop, “Well, you mentioned about me and Mina cuddling.” 

 

 

“What about it? That's not enough reason to think that I was jealous.”

 

 

“Hmm? So it's okay if me and Mina cuddle to sleep again and if we have fun playing and spending time together at night? Or if I kiss her when she win—”

 

 

“Okay fine. So what if I'm jealous?” Jeongyeon frustratedly admitted as she was having enough of this topic already. 

 

 

Nayeon knew her girlfriend too well and she never thought that Jeongyeon would admit being jealous, like never. Well she actually doesn't like showing nor telling others what she really feels. 

 

 

‘Oh it worked! Praise the mighty GodJihyo!’ Nayeon says to herself through her mind, celebrating as her plan worked better than expected. 

 

 

“Aigoo, you didn't need to be jealous Jeongyeonie.” Nayeon s her arms around her girlfriend's waist, hugging her. 

 

 

Jeongyeon just looked at the side, doing her best not to have any eye contact with Nayeon as she was already regretting everything that she had said a couple of minutes ago. She knew Nayeon too well and she knew that she would never stop reminding her about this. 

 

 

The older wanted to remind Jeongyeon how much she loves her but she saw some leftover jokbal at the table making her remember Momo so she decided to use her ‘make her feel more jealous while showing her that she's your girlfriend ’ technique. 

 

 

“I mean, Mina's cute and she's like one of my favorites but you're my girlfriend so..” Nayeon started to play with Jeongyeon's long locks. 

 

 

“So?” Jeongyeon finally faced Nayeon, raising her eyebrow at her. 

 

 

“So I love you” Nayeon looked at the latter, flashing her a smile that shows her bunny teeth but Jeongyeon's expression was still the same, it was blank. 

 

 

“You're telling me that you only love me because you're my girlfriend and you're obligated to do so?” Jeongyeon asked nonchalantly causing Nayeon to gape as she was totally not prepared to answer that question since as much as she could remember, Yoo Jeongyeon would never ask something like that. 

 

 

“H-huh? Wait wha– oh..” Nayeon recovered from her state of shock and then crossed her arms above her chest, the smile that she had earlier was now gone. 

 

 

‘Wow, that was fast..’ Jeongyeon mentally told herself, surprised with how the smiley and clingy Nayeon turned into a complete 360°.

 

 

“You finally encountered that question!” Nayeon sighs exasperatedly, rolling her eyes at the latter. 

 

 

“What? What's wrong with you all of the sudden?” The ostrich girl scratched the back of her head, confused with what the hell her girlfriend was talking about. 

 

 

“I've been asking that question to myself for a while now. I've always thought that you just say that you love me because I'm your girlfriend and you had to say that whether you meant it or not.” Jeongyeon still doesn't have a grasp on what's happening but with the look on Nayeon's face plus her words, she could tell that she was both sad and disappointed. 

 

 

Just as she was even able to utter anything in return, Nayeon had already beat her to it. 

 

 

“You know, I don't really understand you. You asked me to be your girlfriend b—”

 

 

“Uhm.. you actually threatened me to finally ask you to be m– okay I'll shut up. Please continue with whatever you have to say.” Jeongyeon zipped when Nayeon shot her a deadly glare. 

 

 

“So you asked me to be your girlfriend but even though we're together, I still felt like we're friends. You still treat me the same way you treat me when we're just the best of friends. You would make fun of me, tease me, make jokes about me but you never even told me that you love me!” tears started forming on Nayeon's eyes and even though Jeongyeon wanted to laugh at her, she stopped herself and started to feel guilty. 

 

 

“You didn't want us to hangout in public. Whenever you want to go somewhere, you would always ask Momo to tag along but you never asked me! You do things with her that you never did with me! You feed her, sleep in the same bed, hug he—” 

 

 

“Wait is this what it's all about? Are you jealous... of Momo?” Jeongyeon asked cautiously when she finally realized where this was going. 

 

 

“No! This is not just about her, Yoo Jeongyeon! This is about how you treat me differently from the other members. It's about how you treat me as a friend when in fact, I'm your girlfriend!” 

 

 

Nayeon expected Jeongyeon to frustratedly answer back but she didn't, instead, she pulled the older into a hug, securing her in place before muttering a soft “I'm sorry” which was still heard by Nayeon. 

 

 

“Sorry if I made you feel that way.” Jeongyeon pulled back, just enough to look at her girlfriend in face. She didn't want to break the hug. 

 

 

“You know, I'm really comfortable with you that's why I always tease you and all. I didn't mean to tease you just to make fun of you or something, I did that because like I said, you're just so comfortable to be with and I just wanted to make you laugh or just simply smile. I love it when you're happy but I didn't know that you took it differently so I'm really sorry. I am to be blamed. And about Momo.. I don't ask you out as much as I ask Momo and the others because I didn't want you to go to a place, which I'm not even sure if you'll enjoy or not, and go home tired, disappointed, not satisfied, bored, and with a frown. You know, I would prefer letting you just stay here watching your kdramas that could make you so happy rather than taking you out somewhere just to tire you out. And about feeding Momo and some other stuff, I don't do it with you because that's not really our thing since the beginning. I thought that if I start doing that with you then you might felt weirded out and uncomfortable. But now, if you want me to do that then fine, I'll do it. Just tell me okay? I care a lot about you because I love you so damn much.”

 

 

“More than Momo?” Nayeon asked with her lower lip jutted out, making Jeongyeon chuckle. 

 

 

“More than anyone else.” Jeongyeon answered as she kissed Nayeon's forehead in a loving manner. 

 

 

“Just to let you know, you don't have to change anything. I understand everything now and you're perfect already! And also, I love you too. More than anything else.” A smile finally made its way on Nayeon's face and Jeongyeon just couldn't help but to inch her face closer to Nayeon's. 

 

 

Both of them closed their eyes as their lips made contact. Although they've been dating for a couple of years, the butterflies still went wild in their stomach just like the time they had their first kiss. 

 

 

“This didn't really go according to plan but still, nice one, Im.” Jihyo commends as she took a sip from her glass of water, having enough of watching her friends kiss for almost a minute now. 

 

 

“Wha– How long have you been there?” Nayeon asked the girl who's leaning at the frame of the kitchen entrance, shocked. 

 

 

“For fifteen minutes I think. Just enough to witness your cringe worthy moment together.” Jihyo walked towards the sink and placed her now empty glass down. “But don't mind me. I'll be taking a shower, continue what you're doing.” 

 

 

“Wow.. wait what plan does Jihyo meant?” Jeongyeon asked the girl in front of her as Jihyo was out of sight. 

 

 

“Oh never mind that. Jihyo's just being the usual her, weird.” Nayeon says as she laughed nervously, hoping that the younger would just let it go. 

 

 

“Bu– hmmm” and Jeongyeon did let it go because right now, all that she could think of is Nayeon's soft and sweet lips above her own. 

 

 

“Oh..” Momo muttered when she and Mina passed by the kitchen and saw 2yeon kissi– almost eating each other at the dining table. 

 

 

“So does that mean that we could use your room?” Mina looked at Momo as she asked before glancing back at the two who seems to be too preoccupied with each other to even think about getting themselves a room. 

 

 

Momo looked back at her girlfriend with a smirk plastered on her face, “Yep. Totally.” she then pulled her inside her shared room with Jeongyeon and locked the door. 

 

 

“Gotta ask Dahyun to help me cleanse the dorm with holy water later.” Jihyo shook her head left to right with a chuckle before completely entering the bathroom. 

 

___________________________________________________

And doneeeee! I hope that the ending was good enough although I'm not really good at writing. But please do tell me what you think about this fic because your thoughts really motivates me! So if you got some opinions, ideas, a nice prompt, or if you just wanna ask me anything, just tell me through the comments or dm me on twitter I'm @myouispeng37 let's be friends gay– guys! 

– KD