Lightsaber?

Recollection Of Properties

It was already past midnight when Mina woke up all of the sudden, feeling like 's going dry and in so much need of water. 

 

 

She got up from her bed and walked quietly towards the door, careful not to wake the other members. 

 

 

As she was making her way towards the kitchen to get herself a glass of water, she heard incoherent sounds coming from the kitchen that she can't quite distinguish. 

 

 

When she saw a lightsaber on the couch, which is probably a fan's gift for Tzuyu, she picked it up for defense in case there's a thief or some sort in the kitchen. 

 

 

Mina glanced inside the kitchen and she swear that she saw a human figure sitting in the chair. “Okay, you got this, Mina. Just think that you're playing Elsword..” She carefully approached it but she accidentally pressed the button on the grip of the lightsaber causing it to light up. 

 

 

“AHHH!” The person sitting on the chair screamed as it saw the light which made Mina shout in fear as well, she wasn't really brave to begin with. 

 

 

The scream continues until Mina stopped when she realized the owner of the utterly familiar scream, “Nayeon unnie?” 

 

 

“M-Mina?” They were both able to confirm their guesses when the light in the kitchen suddenly and there in the kitchen entrance stands Jeongyeon with a scared Momo behind her back. 

 

 

“Nayeon? Mina? What are you doing here at this hour?” Jeongyeon raised her brow with curiosity. 

 

 

“O-oh we were just uhm.. having fun! Yeah we're just having fun.” Nayeon replied more like convinced herself with a nervous chuckle. 

 

 

“What's with the lightsaber?” Momo asked when she noticed the toy in Mina's hand. 

 

 

Nayeon was quick to act and immediately placed her arms around Mina's shoulder and answered for her, “Like I said, we were having fun. We were playing a game..”

 

 

“We were talking with Tzuyu about Star Wars earlier and I suddenly had the urge to act like a Jedi. Being a good unnie, Nayeon unnie decided to play along with me.” Mina added when Momo and Jeongyeon gave them a confused look and with the youngest Japanese's pretty convincing tone, Nayeon was able to ease her nervousness. 

 

 

“At this time? It's already past midnight.” Jeongyeon crossed her arms above her chest. 

 

 

“As far as I know, Mina would prefer to be in bed rather than exhaust her body physically especially at this time.” Momo added, copying what Jeongyeon did. 

 

 

“Things don't always turn out the way we know it,” Nayeon combed her hair with her fingers before continuing, “Mina just wanted to have fun and I was in for the fun as well so yeah.. things just happened and we eventually forgot about the time.”

 

 

Momo's expressions seems to be a little more serious and although trying not to make it obvious, Jeongyeon's expressions also changed as her lips formed into a thin line. 

 

 

“What about you? What are you doing here?” Nayeon decided to ask when she sensed the awkward atmosphere. 

 

 

“I was sleeping when Momo woke me up saying that she heard screams in the kitchen. Afraid that someone's eating all the foods, she forced me to come with her to check who's making those sounds even if she's afraid.” Jeongyeon let out a dry chuckle as she explains, finding the reason funny but remembers the two girls who was supposed to be sleeping at the big room yet is out in the kitchen, ‘playing’. 

 

 

“What's with the screams anyway?” The oldest Japanese quirked her brow, specifically waiting for Mina to answer. 

 

 

Seeing that Momo was looking at her, Mina decided to give a reply instead of Nayeon. “It's a battle cry. Nayeon unnie is Darth Vader and as what I said earlier, I'm a Jedi and we were just about to have a fight.” 

 

 

Although still not fully believing the two, Jeongyeon and Momo decided to just let it go specially since they're starting to feel lethargic since their schedule was fully packed and they're really sleepy right now. 

 

 

“I can hear something. ” Nayeon cupped her hand on the back of her ear and leaned her head a little to the side before adding, “I think that's your bed, calling you.” she said to the two who shares the smallest room, a forced smile on her face. 

 

 

Jeongyeon heaves a sigh once again, “Alright, we'll go back to sleep now. But you two need to sleep as well.” she was talking to both Mina and Nayeon but she directs her gaze at their oldest member. 

 

 

Nayeon just gave her a simple nod before shooing them away which earned her a serious look from Jeongyeon, who combed her hair out of frustration that she tried hard to hide, and then tried pulling Momo back to their room. 

 

 

“You should sleep too, Mina. Goodnight.” Momo stated with an unexplainable look on her face before she lets her roommate drag her away. 

 

 

Once the two shikshin of the group was completely gone from their sight, Nayeon turned to look at Mina, “Nice one, Myoui!” she raised her hand, asking for a high-five. 

 

 

Mina just stared at her hand before subtly shaking her head, “So what are you really doing here at this hour, unnie?” the younger asked as she walks towards the fridge to get some water, ignoring her unnie's hand that was still up in the air. 

 

 

“No high-five then, I see.” Nayeon says in a disappointed tone that the latter knows that was meant as a joke. 

 

 

With a glass of water in her hand, Mina just quirked a brow at her, still waiting for her question to be answered. 

 

 

“Well.. I was just.. ” Nayeon nervously started while playing with the hem of her shirt. “I was just thinking of something.” 

 

 

“And what is that something?” Mina asked as she walked towards the table and pulled out a chair for her to sit in, the glass of newly filled water still in her hands. 

 

 

“It's weird to talk to you about this but I guess I have no choice.” Nayeon pulled out the chair next to Mina and sat in front of her before adding, “It's about Momo and Jeongyeon.” she bit her lip, waiting on what Mina's reaction would be. 

 

 

“Momo and Jeongyeon?” The Japanese just looked at her, utterly confused. “What about them?”

 

 

“I'm.. ” Nayeon was nervous as she was biting her lower lip while fidgeting with her fingers. “They're so close and sweet and I'm... I'm j-jealous..” she shyly admitted before taking the glass of water from Mina's hold and drinking it like her favourite beverage. 

 

 

Mina was obviously shocked and it shows when her jaw slightly dropped and her eyes widened in surprise, “You're.. jealous?” she asked to make sure that her ears weren't playing with her. 

 

 

“Y-yeah.. you know, t-their actions towards one another it's just... just..” Nayeon was trying to think of the right words to say in order to explain herself much further but her brain is failing her so she just starts blabbing, “It's just filled with sweetness. I mean, they just care for each other so much and Jeongyeon would always be gentle with Momo like she let's Momo hug her but when it's me who wants to hug her, she pushes me away! And we're dating! They feed each other but I was never fed by Jeongyeon! And Momo.. she.. she always hug Jeong and they're just so clingy with each other! I know that it's weird and I shouldn't feel this way since Jeongyeon's my girlfriend and you're.. you're dating Momo but I just can't help it. I can't stop myself from getting jealous..” Nayeon blabs with so much emotion and hand gestures and all that Mina could do was stare at her as she speaks. 

 

 

When Nayeon wasn't uttering anymore and was just looking down, Mina decided to speak, “It's really weird. I mean, you own her, there's really nothing to worry about but..” she flashed her a smile before continuing, “I understand you.”

 

 

“You do?” Nayeon asked with hopeful eyes. 

 

 

“Yes. I might not seem to be the jealous type but I also get jealous. I'm also a human and I have feelings as well. Momo, she's that really gentle, kind, and sweet in her own way type of girlfriend. But we all know how she acts differently towards me. In public, she's clingy with the others and really shy when it comes to me to the point that she doesn't even pay attention to me anymore. There are times when I wish that she could act the same way towards me but Momo is Momo, I really can't do anything about that. She is her own person and I shouldn't change that instead I should accept her for who she is. I loved her for being her anyway.” Mina stated with a smile and she was about to drink from the glass of water only to find out that Nayeon had drank it all. 

 

 

“But you also get jealous about Jeongyeon and Momo, right?” Nayeon asked while refilling the glass with milk. 

 

 

“Sometimes.. I guess?” Was Mina's reply before drinking the milk which she thought was water but couldn't care less since she's still thirsty. 

 

 

Nayeon just stared at her for a minute before a smile, that showcased her bunny teeth, made its way on her face. “Hey, Mina. I have a plan.”

 

 

“What is it?” Mina asked with a lacing curiosity. 

 

 

“Let's help each other to make them jealous.” Nayeon flashed a proud smile, wriggling her eyebrows at Mina. 

 

 

“Eh? Why would I want to make Momo jealous? I've already seen her jealous before and its cute but she's really sensitive and I don't wanna hurt her.” Mina replied as she stood up to place the glass on the sink. 

 

 

Nayeon went after Mina and placed her hands on the younger's shoulder, “Oh come on, Mina~ It's not like Momo didn't act so clingy with the others that got you all jealous. Besides, if Momo gets jealous then you would have to make it up to her by staying by her side for the whole day! I mean, you get to cuddle her all you want and make her feel safe and full of love and that can boost her self-esteem! We have a two-day break starting tomorrow, don't you want to spend time with her? If we don't make our move tomorrow then she and Jeongyeon might go out and eat at some restaurant that they like and we'll be left here feeling lonely without our lovers by our side. Do you want that, Minari? Someone will make your precious Momoring feel safe while you're here and just waiting for her to come back home. But when she gets back home she's feeling tired already and she'll sleep and she'll fall in Jeongyeon's arms again and yo—” 

 

 

“Okay, stop! I get it. Fine.” Mina said as she sighed in defeat before the older get to say more stuffs. She then looked at her unnie, pointedly, “But I'm only doing this to help you with Jeongyeon, not to make my Momoring jealous.” 

 

 

“Okay. Whatever you say, Mitang~” Nayeon flashed her smile that calls sunshine and Mina knew that she can't back down anymore.