A New Beginning

The Circle of Eden

A small and frail gray wolf pup has been brought to the feet of a goddess.

"Oh, please Heejin Protector of Life, please help this creature in its time of need." The lady begged in the night at the edge of a crystal-clear lake while clutching the pup close to her body to give it warmth.

Whispers surround the woman causing her to flinch and look for the sudden sounds.

"Do not be afraid." A gentle voice murmured. "The whispers belong to the beings of the forest." The woman nodded slowly, not really understanding the situation. "May I ask how did you stumble upon this pup?"

"I was strolling at the edge of the forest when I heard whimpers and whines." The woman started. "I strayed from my path to find the source, only to see this young one wailing out to its late mother who laid nearby. Cautiously I moved closer, using the light from the moon to inspect the body, the mother was gone for maybe 5-7 days and the rest of the pack nowhere to be seen."

"I suspect that hunters were involved." Her eyes darken.

"I see. Thank you for bringing her here to me. I shall grant this child a new chance at life." A bright light shined from the pup's eyes and mouth and a fainter light at its heart. The woman loosened her grip on the wolf and its body lifted into the air and disappeared deep into the forest.

"It is now time for you to sleep, but before you enter your slumber I will grant you a long and healthy life for your good deed."

Before the lady had a chance to thank her, warm air rushed around making her eyelids heavy and soon enough she had entered the dream world.

Just as fast as she slept, she has awoken. Laying in the meadow she analyzed her surroundings as she slowly got up. The whispers replaced by the rustling of trees in the wind. "Huh? Odd, I thought I was taking a walk outside the forest. How did I end up here?" She shook her head and started walking out the forest. "I must've gotten tired and went in for a nap." 

The beings of the forest quietly watched her leave until her shadow was no longer seen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heejin cradled the sleeping wolf pup in her arms and smiled gently. "Welcome to the forest of Eden." She cooed. The other beings slowly surrounded the two.

Sensing the presence of the otherworldly entities, the pup stirred awake and squirmed in Heejin's arms until she put her down. Tail tucked between her legs, the young wolf trembled at the sight of these goddesses.

An outstretched hand approaches the wolf, curiously the pup sniffs the hand debating if it is hostile or not. Detecting the warm aura and gentle presence of the hand she nosed it and rubbed against her. The deity petted and played with the young one.

"I guess I have a way with animals." The goddess smirked towards Heejin. Heejin scoffed and playfully rolled her eyes. "You're literally the Protector of Animals, Hyunjin."

"Someone dropped her goddess voice." Another voice teased. "That way of speech is so tiring, thank goodness I don't have to do it often." Heejin sighed. "Anyways what should we name her?"

"Adam?" The pup tilted its head and whined. "She doesn't like that." Hyunjin explained.

"Jidam." The wolf scrunched up her nose as if she smelled something bad. "I don't need the dog whisperer to know what that means." The tall and slender goddess chuckled. Hyunjin shot her a look after being called a dog whisperer.

"Sodam? Sodam is pretty sounding right?" The pup laid down low and flattened it's ears. "Never mind."

"GOTHAM!" Complete silence washed over and everyone just stared at the youngest girl. "What? It sounds cool and it fits the 'dam/tham' pattern." Ignoring the outburst they continued thinking for a name.

"Olive?" "Hyejoo?" Two voices spoke at the same time. "Oh? I like those names." "How about Olivia and then we can take Hye from Hyejoo?" The baby wolf's ears perked up and she started jumping around happily. "Hyejoo as her real name and Olivia Hye when she becomes a full fledged goddess."

The little wolf pup gave a triumphant howl at the sound of her new name. "Look! She's hyeowling! How cute!"

Heejin knelt down beside Hyejoo and petted her. "We'll all raise you as the final addition to The Circle of Eden but for now you'll be staying with Yves."

"Huh? Me?" Yves' eyes darted around at the other girls. "Well yeah your group is the one that's not complete." Kimlip crossed her arms and smirked in amusement. "But I don't know how to raise a baby wolf!" "Don't worry Hyunjin can help you with that." Hyunjin nodded in affirmation.

"But I..." She trailed off knowing she can't argue with them anymore. She looks at Hyejoo who tilts her head causing her ears to flop to one side. "Fine, I'll take her. You're lucky you're cute." She muttered the last part.

"Don't worry we're all guiding her, all she's doing is staying in your part of the forest." Haseul patted her shoulder.

"Yeah at least you have 10 other people to help you. I had to teach myself and Hyunjin alone and she wouldn't pay attention to a single word I said." Heejin glared at Hyunjin. "It was cuz I couldn't believe how pretty you are." Hyunjin gave her a dopey smile. Heejin blushed for a second then regained her composure and gave Hyunjin a light smack on her arm. "Flattery doesn't fix the fact that you didn't listen."

"I guess you're right." Yves bent down to pick up the hyper puppy. "Hey stay still! Stop moving so much! Hyejoo st-" Hyejoo squirmed in Yves' arms and whined due to being uncomfortable.

Hyunjin took Hyejoo from Yves. You have to hold her like this or else she'll be restless." She cradled the wolf gently. "I'll carry her to your shrine for you, but after I put her down you're on your own for the rest of the night. C'mon let's go." Hyunjin bid everyone a good night as she and Yves walked deeper into the forest.

"You think she'll be ok?" Jinsoul's eyebrows went up in worry. 

"I think so..." Choerry optimistically said.

"Well no use in thinking. It's late and we should all get some rest and we'll check on Yves in the morning." Everyone murmured in agreement and went to their respective shrines for the night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*At Yves' Shrine*

Once they reached Yves' shrine Hyunjin put Hyejoo down then turned to Yves. Hyunjin put both of her hands on Yves' shoulders and looked her in the eyes. Yves stared back confused on what she was doing. Hyunjin took a deep breath and said "Good luck!" and then sprinted away. 

"Yah! Wait! What do I do now?!" Yves yelled at the figure running away. "You'll figure it out!!" Hyunjin yelled back just before disappearing into the trees. "Ahhhhh!! Kim Hyunjin!!" Yves yelled. Heaving a long sigh she looked at Hyejoo who stared at her. "This is going to be a long night isn't it?..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thank you for those who have subscribed to this story! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's been quite sometime since I last wrote something. 

There were some references from Loona TV but it's not necessary to watch it, although it is fun to watch. I'll also provide a link.

Hyejoo's name: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ukT9HDX7Q

Also I'm very sorry to those who are colorblind and can not differentiate the color coordinated text.