Double Chaos

Apartment Mess Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

With her head thumping, Amu forced herself outside the apartment and went her way towards the interview. Rio demanded for the sick girl to stay in bed but she insisted in attending since she’s going to be interviewed by one of the biggest companies in Japan. She spent so much time preparing for this day alongside a number of sleepless nights and it would be such a waste not to go just because of a stupid cold. 

 

On her way to her interview, she cursed at her blocked nose and her constant yawning. Just before she got away from Rio’s maternal lectures, the older one insisted on giving her a powerful cold medicine, not realising ‘drowsiness’ as one of its side effect. 

 

Amu looked at her watch and noticed that she only has 15 minutes before the start of her appointment. She shook herself up and ran towards the allocated room of her interview. This is indeed not a good time to be late and make a bad impression!

 

Amu sighed in relief after finally reaching the room she believed her interview is taking place. She looked around only to see anxious looking people, waiting for their name to be called. She looked at a particular door with the sign saying: “Takizaki Corporation: Interview Room”.

 

“This must be it…” She stood right next to the door before entering the said room. She didn’t think more as she recognised she’s already a few minutes late. Little did she know, she entered a totally different room, interviewing for a totally different position. 

 

 

“So, Ms Kitagawa, what particular strengths can you contribute to the company?” Amu gulped in nervousness after seeing a scary looking woman, almost double her age sitting alongside two other mature men wearing suits. Amu couldn’t help but notice an unfamiliar young man sitting at the end of the table, staring directly at her. He doesn’t seem like he’s part of the interview panel but he looks so important since they referred to him as ‘Sir’ when Amu first entered the room, “Ms Kitagawa?”, the woman spoke again and ruined Amu’s train of thoughts. 

 

“Oh… sorry” Amu looked away from the young man and focused on the question at hand. She was lucky that she practiced answering these kind of questions and she successfully gave an answer that seems to have impressed the panel. 

 

“Do you have any experience in being someone’s assistant?” Amu heard one of the interviewer ask. She blinked twice at this question before feeling herself frown in confusion. As far as she knows, she’s applying to gain experience in Business Project Management, not as an assistant. “As a personal assistant, are you willing to work weekends to cater the needs of your boss?” the old man added.

 

“I’m sorry… Did you just say 'Personal Assistant'?” Amu tried to clarify what she just heard. “Isn’t this the interview for the Project Management post?” 

 

 

Hearing this, all the interviewers exchanged looks and started shaking their heads.

 

“Miss Kitagawa, the room you’re looking for is the room opposite this one” The woman gave her a disappointed sigh. By this time, Amu started to realise that she indeed entered the wrong interview room! She panicked at this thought and tried to think of a way to escape this awkward situation. Amu was about to excuse herself from the panel when suddenly…

 

 

“You’re hired!” The young man sitting at the end of the table finally spoke and walked towards Amu. All pairs of eyes followed his figure at the centre of the room, their faces filled with confusion and worry. 

 

“But boss, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter