Day Nth

Apartment Mess Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s already been a few days and our two heroines never had a dull day living with the two boys. Chaos seems to run in the household as Amu and Rio constantly find themselves in situations that make them crazy!

 

For example: 

 

Day Nth

 

Amu hummed her favourite song while choosing her outfit for the day. Rio already went to work and after hearing utmost silence in the house, she just assumed that she was alone in the apartment. She pulled out her favourite blue dress and laid it on her bed opposite Rio’s. Soon, she pulled her drawer and picked out her undies.

 

She placed a towel over her left arm then tiptoed towards the shower room, not noticing a pink penguin-printed bra falling off the ground in the middle of the corridor leading to the toilet. She naively entered the shower room and closed the door shut. Amu usually has the habit of mentally checking if she has everything before hitting the shower. Towel… check. Dress… check… undies… check… bra… erm.

 

Amu looked around hoping to find a familiar pink bra she could’ve sworn she brought with her into the bathroom. She felt herself panic, hoping that no one’s around and accidentally picks it up. It’s okay if it’s Rio, but what if it’s one of the boys? 

 

She clicked her tongue and hurriedly swung the door to track where she might’ve dropped it. However, as soon as the door opened, she felt herself unable to move after seeing her own nightmare right before her eyes. 

 

“I-I… I think you dropped this, Amu-chan” Daiki stood just right in front of the bathroom with his face turned to the side, avoiding eye contact. Amu saw her bra strap hanging loosely on Daiki’s right index finger. The poor girl froze for a few seconds and felt her heart pounding like a drum… thump… thump… thump…

 

By now, she couldn’t do anything but grab her bra from Daiki’s hand and bang the bathroom door right in front of his face. It was obvious that she already started to shrink in embarrassment. The poor boy felt the soft puff of air coming from the inside of the toilet after Amu banged the door. 

 

“Ahg! That was embarrassing!!!” Amu squealed before feeling hot flush travel throughout her body. “How can I face him now?”, she banged her head slightly on the door hoping she has a memory wiping machine she can use on Daiki. 

 

Daiki, on the other hand, isn’t doing very well himself. He pressed his back against the washroom’s door where he knew Amu is in. He expelled an exhausted sigh with the thought of the girl's blushing and embarrassed face. He placed his right hand on his chest and literally felt for his fast paced heart beat, “Penguin prints, huh… cute” he felt himself smiling at the thought. 

 

—-

 

Day Nth 

 

“AHHHHHH!” Amu heard a sudden scream coming from the kitchen. It was the sound of her friend and almost cursing ‘someone’s’ existence. 

 

“Rio-chan! Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?”

 

A dark aura emitted the older one as she turned to Amu. She gritted her teeth in annoyance before showing Amu an empty box that formerly contained her favourite fruit: strawberries. “I’m gonna kill him” she whispered under her breath, her fist formed into a ball and thought of the culprit - that strawberry freak! 

 

Ryosuke munched happily in the sofa as the last of piece of strawberry he found inside the refrigerator touched his lips. He just assumed that Daiki bought it for him since earlier in the week, the older one asked him if he wanted anything from the supermarket and of course, he asked for a box of his favourite fruit. Little did he know, Daiki forgot to get his request and he accidentally ate Rio’s strawberries instead. 

 

“Yamada-kun, run!” Amu whispered to the clueless boy on the sofa playing his favourite game on his PS4. It was not long when his peace was shaken by an angry girl almost fighting the urge to strangle the latter. 

 

“You ichigo freak! You’re the one who said we’re not allowed to eat someone else’s food! You ate my strawberries!” Rio shot a sharp glare at the boy. 

 

“What? I didn't do anything!” Ryosuke tried to hide the last strawberry in his mouth and acted innocent. He was hoping to get out of trouble but it was already too late. Rio noticed his pink-tinted inner lip and was caught red handed. 

 

Almost immediately, Rio grabbed Ryosuke’s shoulder, “Give me back my strawberries!!” she vigorously shook the poor boy, enough for him to feel dizzy. Ryosuke felt a sudden block on his throat, still having remnants of the said fruit at the back of his tongue. The boy then felt the food inside his mouth tickle his throat which then made him give off simultaneous coughs. 

 

“Rio-chan! Stop! I think he’s choking!” Amu worriedly approached the couple after noticing Ryosuke gasping for air. Out of impulse, she took the initiative to get a glass of water for the choking boy. 

 

Realising this, Rio panicked and immediately placed Ryosuke upright and leaned him forward. She then gave five back slaps in between his shoulder blades, “Oh my God! I killed him!” she watched the poor boy cough continuously, making her panic even more. 

 

A few minutes had passed and Ryosuke finally found relief after successfully expelling the stuck fruit from his throat. He watched Rio sitting nearby, still giving him small pats on the back while making sure it was all gone. Ryosuke looked at Rio’s anxious face and somehow, he felt happy knowing she’s worried about him. 

 

“Don’t tell me you’re worried?” Ryosuke grinned before taking a sip from the glass of water Amu gave him just a minute ago. Now, he was acting like ‘choking’ is not a big deal at all. 

 

“BAKA! Of course, I was! Don’t make me worry like that again! I thought I killed you” Ryosuke heard Rio sigh in relief after making sure he was okay. He wasn’t expecting her to admit that she was actually worried. This is the very first time the girl acted "nice" towards him. Who would've thought he has to risk his life first before he can experience Rio's gentleness? 

 

"You look cute when worried..." 

 

 

Later that evening, Amu and Rio are getting ready for bed when they heard a soft knock on the door. It’s already past midnight and they didn’t expect Ryosuke or Daiki to call for them at this late hour. This forced Rio to open the door to check only to find a massive box of strawberries on the floor with a note stuck on top. 

 

“Sorry I ate your strawberries. I hope this makes up for it - Ryosuke” Rio read a familiar handwriting on the surface of the note, making her smile in the process. A tint of blush suddenly touched her cheek, not noticing Amu reading over her shoulder. 

 

“Aww, you guys are so adorable! Can I call you the ‘Strawberry Couple’?” Amu teased and saw the older one’s face turn into crimson. 

 

—-

 

Day Nth

 

All you can hear is the sound of tapping keyboards and clicking mouse from Daiki’s and Ryosuke’s computer. Not being able to work from the office, the two young business men are managing their small marketing business from home. Alongside working for Takizaki Corporation, Daiki is also the head of few small businesses he established over the years. This is now his main line of work after deciding to give up in becoming the new Chairman of the biggest company in Japan. 

 

The two boys minded their own business but soon, both their attentions are captured by the smell of something burning. 

 

“Can you smell that?” Daiki asked, his nose followed the scent coming from the kitchen. Amu also came out of her room after smelling a familiar odour only Rio can pull off - the smell of burn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter