[4]

Who Wears the Pants?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HyeKura

Hyewon is a simple girl. She’s beautiful, she’s a genius and she’s a member of a famous girl group. Okay, so maybe not really that simple. But she’s simple about her wishes- blunt about what she wants and hates. She likes foods, cakes in particular. She likes games and is in fact, a part of the gamer line. She likes solving math problems and memorizing her members’ orders. She loves her members, her daughter Minami, and most especially, one girl named Miyawaki Sakura.

If you ask her when had her love for the cherry blossom started, she’ll think about it for a moment and say, “I always loved her.”

Which is a cheesy excuse for “I don’t actually know.”

She didn’t know if it started when Sakura walked in with that red beret of hers, looking like a real-life anime girl that made the weaboo heart of Hyewon alive, or when they were grouped together in Dasi Mana and accidentally looked at each other’s lips. She didn’t really know but the others saw and experienced it firsthand- the blooming love of Hyewon for Sakura.

Which is also another term for Hyewon has a soft spot for Sakura a.k.a. favoritism (Hyewon wouldn’t even deny it).

 

Exhibit #1: Food

Hyewon is generous with her members. She showers them with love and affection everyday. She treats them whenever they go out to the convenience store. She lets them play her games in the dorm and just literally let them do whatever they want despite being the third oldest in the group. However, if there’s one thing that Hyewon isn’t willing to give to her members, it’s food.

It was no secret that Hyewon is a shikshin (oh god I miss this term). A foodie who never gains any weight. And when you place food in front of her, it’s gone in a minute. It’s not that she’s a glutton or something, she just appreciates food. She loves the texture, the taste, the scent, everything. She loves food, so what about it?

Well, there’s really no problem except that the members sometimes feel jealous. Not because of the foods (or maybe a bit because of the foods), but because Hyewon doesn’t really share her precious snacks with them except a certain Japanese member whose name starts with an S and ends with akura.

“Kkura-yah, want to taste mine?”

“Oh! Okay, sure!”

And so Sakura bites into the blueberry-filled donut that Yena has been bugging the hell out of Hyewon to let her bite into a few hours ago. Yena only stares in disbelief when Hyewon actually gives the whole donut to Sakura when the Japanese girl liked it.

“What are you sulking about? The flight’s about to—oh, Hyewon unnie gave her food to Sakura unnie again, huh?”

Yena only further pouts when Chaewon actually smirked seeing her despair. The audacity of this brat-

“Yena-yah, Chaewon, would you like a bite? Hyewon gave the whole things to me but I can’t finish it.” Sakura suddenly appears, offering the half-bitten donut to both of the girls. Yena looks at her like she’s an angel sent from above only to see a lurking shadow behind the older girl.

“Yeah—No. Nope. Nevermind, I’m full but thank you for the offer unnie.” It was painful to lie and not eat the donut she’s been craving since earlier but it would be more painful if Hyewon—

Yena shudders at the thought and instead acts like a part of her soul didn’t leave her when Hyewon takes the donut back and finishes it in front of her.

Chaewon only pats her back comfortingly. “It’s okay, we’ll buy another when we get back.”

 

Exhibit #2: Games

Now, if Hyewon is protective over her foods, well then she’s competitive over games. She’s part of the gamer line so of course she has a reputation to uphold. Her knowledge and experience over games doesn’t stop on turning on the two gas pumps and the main breaker to restart the generator. No, it goes over the horizon and rivals that of their resident gaming master.

So then if you’re a gamer, and you have a so-called gaming master in your group, what do you do?

You play with them of course.

“Ahhh! Kangchan Kangchan heal!”

“Stay still so I can bandage you!”

Yena almost throws her phone at the duo seeing how Sakura was given a second chance to survive and her character didn’t. “What the- Unnie! You said you didn’t have any first-aid kits!” It was really unfair. Yena was crying for help since her character was in a critical health and Hyewon just passed her by, killing the enemies that shot her and proceeded to steal her items when she truly died. The quiet girl only excused that she didn’t have any spare medical items to give to Yena.

“I picked up some after you died, it was too late.”

Sakura sympathetically pats her, without taking her eyes off her phone, when the duck-like girl whines again. “Don’t worry Yena, we’ll get the chicken dinner to avenge you.”

Yena sulks further more because that’s not what she wants. She wants to play with them and win with them together but no, of course Hyewon would only heal Sakura. God knows maybe she’ll even let herself die just so Sakura could live and win the game. Ugh, Kwangbae is so whipped-

“Yena unnie, are you finished? Yuri is calling for you in the other dorm.” Minjoo says, drying her hair with a towel while showing the text. She’s not even finished with her statement a blur passes by her and a slam of door was heard.

Hyewon smirks hearing the slam and proceeds to kill another enemy. “What a whipped duck.”

“Kangchan give me some medicine.”

“Of course, here, get all of my medkits and my ammo and armor- everything.”

 

Exhibit #3: Affection

Surprisingly, Hyewon is one of the most affectionate members in their group. From comforting pats to bordering-annoying hugs and pecks on the cheeks, there was no escape from the love of Kang Hyewon.

Except maybe the cherry blossom of her eye.

Surprise again! It’s not that Hyewon is a coward when it comes to Sakura (unlike a certain feather and leader). In fact, most, if not all, of their moments were initiated by her- sitting beside Sakura, randomly touching her hands or shoulders, hugging, feeding her. The problem is, however, Sakura has too many girls to entertain and Hyewon being the matured one in their ‘relationship’ lets her. Though it hurts when she offered her hand to Sakura to hold and instead watched as the Japanese girl intertwines her hand with Minjoo, she smiles despite curling the open palm into a fist and releasing a small laugh (thank go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter