[3]

Who Wears the Pants?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EunSaku

If the first dorm has Chaeyeon and Sakura as their parents, well, the whole group has Eunbi and Sakura as theirs. Ok, so maybe Sakura is a bit of a player and she definitely likes reading the comments about how her ‘harem’ seems to increase everyday but she is still loyal to her wife- wives after all. And Eunbi is one of her wives, if you’re basing from their age and how they simply act their role in their group. What roles, you say?

Well, Eunbi is the mom, because of course that’s already a given since she’s the leader, but for Sakura? You would think her father role would only exist in the first dorm but unfortunately for Eunbi, having Sakura as the father means giving your kids candies while waiting in the airport which will result into hyperactive kids later, and maybe someone will actually sleep in the couch tonight.

Technically, they’re not really married (because Korea, that’s why) and Chaeyeon’s already jealous enough so Eunbi is being considerate of her, but they have Nako as their ‘official’ daughter so they really have established their happy family in the group. But if you’re gonna ask Yena and Yujin on how they act around each other, you might get another reason why they are considered the group’s parents.

“They’re giving each other the ‘eyes’ again.” Yena scoffs when the two persons being talked about both turned away from each other, blushing. The whole group was lounging at Chaeyeon’s dorm because it was much cleaner than theirs, and also because they had an emergency meeting regarding their next Japanese comeback and the first dorm was closer to the elevator.

“Our parents?” Yujin asks, looking over the two as her grin widens. Eunbi and Sakura were at the room’s opposite ends but the girls in between were unfortunately caught in their suffocating tension. “Oooh, Sakura unnie and Eunbi unnie are giving each other the bedroom ey-“

“Bedroom bible.” Chaewon interrupts. “They’re giving each other the bedroom bible. Hallelujah, praise the Lord.”

Hyewon looks at Chaewon like she just caught the younger girl stealing her food. Yuri frowns in disgust of the innuendo while Minjoo only chuckles, albeit a bit bashful. Yena and Yujin of course laugh out loud because they started it. Chaeyon chokes on the water she’s drinking and Wonyoung, Nako and Hitomi, bless them, only look in confusion on what’s happening.

“We have a bible?” Wonyoung innocently asks which made YenJin laugh further more.

“Yes, Wony. We have a bible that these two clearly don’t read!” Sakura exclaims, face flushed and glaring at the still laughing duo that now have tears in their eyes from laughing too much.

Yena gasps for air because her stomach is already cramping and she’s actually thinking she might get abs from this. “A bible for the gays!”  

The duck-like girl thought she would get abs, but what she got was an arm-bar from their one and only leader. Eunbi, who was pretty much in the same state as Sakura, was blushing profusely ignoring the frantic taps of the poor girl beneath her.  “Unnie, I’m sorry! Save me!”

------

“Finally, some quiet and peace.” Eunbi exhales, letting the kneading fingers on her shoulders take the tension away from her. She further leans back on the source of comfort behind her when said ministrations stopped and instead changed to a backhug.

“You’ve worked hard, unnie.” Sakura whispers, nuzzling her neck and swaying them both sideways, the comfortable silence and warmth enveloping them. The girls have finally left the two oldest alone, claiming that their parents “Need some alone time because who knows what will happen if they left them alone in the dressing room, alone.” Chaeyeon and Hyewon were reluctant to leave them, but Minjoo put some sense into them that the ten of them will turn crazy anytime soon if the tension continues.

The oldest girl only hums appreciatively before sighing, their swaying motions abruptly stopped. Sakura looks at her in concern but waits patiently for Eunbi to speak. She knows the older girl sometimes need a second to arrange her thoughts phrase her words to something the foreign members can easily understand. When Eunbi turns to look at her in the eyes whilst still not saying anything, the Japanese member let her, hoping that her eyes convey encouragement to the older girl.

“Do you think I’m doing a good job as a leader?” Eunbi asks, her tone soft and vulnerable. Sakura kept mum, taken aback from the sudden question, which Eunbi took as her cue to continue. “I know all of you voted me to be the leader, but sometimes I wonder what if it was someone else instead? Chaeyeon is fluent in Japanese. You already have an experience with leading. Hyewon is quiet but she remembers quickly and Yena will make the group livelier if she were to lead. Me? I’m not good at anything- I only get angry at the girls, I scold them, I—“

“Unnie.”  With Sakura’s sudden low and sharp tone, Eunbi shuts , afraid to look at the eyes of the younger girl. She felt more than hear the sigh Sakura releases when her breath hits her nape but she didn’t have time to ponder more about it when gentle fingers cradled her chin, forcing her to look at the cherry blossom girl. “I want you to listen to me, okay?” Eunbi only nods because she never seen Sakura this serious before.

“Chaeyeon may be fluent in Japanese but she’s not Eunbi unnie. I may have lead before but I’m not Eunbi unnie, neither are Hyewon and Yena.” Sakura says softly, almost reverently, her eyes not leaving the older girl’s watering ones. “What I’m saying is, there is no other leader for IZ*One other than you, Eunbi unnie. You don’t need to be fluent in Japanese, you already have an experience in leading, and you don’t have to remember our orders quickly or be the clown of the group. You just have to be you, unnie. We chose you as our leader because you’re you. The perfect, creative, beautiful, jinjja nice body Eunbi-chan that we know.”

By now, her tears were flowing but with the last line, she releases a wet chuckle before wiping her eyes. Her thoughts and worries seemingly evaporating with the sincere and thoughtful words, though with broken Korean, of Sakura. “I told you that you can rely on me whenever you’re down but it seems the other way around.”  Eunbi says, recalling their secret friend show.

Sakura only grins, shaking her head as she wipes the tear-stained cheeks of her leader. “I’ll talk to you about Yena bullying me if you want.” Her grin only widens, proud of herself when Eunbi releases a laugh. “Every moment I spent with you shined.” Sakura suddenly says.

“Did you just quote Goblin?” Eunbi looks at her with her eyebrows raised, her features showing amusement.

“Because the weather was good. Because the weather was bad. Because the weather was good enough. I loved every moment of it.”

“Yah, you’re really addicted to that drama.” The annoyed tone of Eunbi didn’t match the smile on her face when she said it so Sakura only laughs, pulling the older girl close to her body again- continuing their position from before. Eunbi completely relaxes this time, the warmth of the body against her and the rhythmic beat of Sakura’s heart lulls her to sleep.

Before she completely closes her eyes she heard Sakura whisper one last time. “I’m glad you’re our leader, Eunbi unnie.”

 

-----------

SakuJin

“Unnie! Unnie! Sakura unnie!”

“Yujin! Calm down, you big dog. You’re gonna crush Sakura if you pounce on her again—too late.”

These days, Sakura seems to be the target of a certain golden retriever’s attention and she doesn’t even know why or how. The other girls, who’ve already been a victim before, were only glad that they weren’t the one in the receiving end because a hyperactive Yujin certainly needs at least a town to control. Yujin, for her part, only tells them that it’s because she loves them so much (which the girls gushed over and forgave her quickly).

Sakura, who just opened the door of the second dorm (she’s been coming a lot ever since Hyewon got new games courtesy of her fan; Chaeyeon didn’t like that), didn’t even have enough time to slam the door close when a big mass of body was already jumping towards her flimsy arms. “Oh fuc-“

 If there is one advantage of having Yujin’s attention to you, aside from her love, it’s the improvement of your reaction time and strength of having to carry a 15-year old girl whose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter