fallen for you

fallen for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changkyun never really lost his energy when he was pregnant like his mother said he would. He had heard it so many times from his doctor, from every pregnancy book he and Jooheon had read together, and from the internet whenever he searched up something he didn't have an immediate answer to about his pregnancy or the baby. There were many, many, MANY stories of how the exhaustion and fatigue would kick in and he wouldn't be able to do anything he liked to do before being pregnant and would prefer to do nothing that would overexert his body. Naps were going to be his best friend. He was told that all he would want to do at the beginning and the end of his pregnancy was sleep, rest, and do nothing. But here Changkyun was: hiking up a mountain with Jooheon in tow. 

Changkyun hadn't really felt any exhaustion during this pregnancy, always doing what he did before he was carrying their daughter with him everywhere. He continued to play sports, ran when he could, and even took up yoga to keep a strong core for his baby. Jooheon was more than supportive even when he worried that Changkyun should be resting rather than spending all his energy, but after seeing how well the younger has taken to all his exercises and how healthy their daughter was, he couldn't complain nor oppose. Their daughter, Hyoju, was as healthy as could be and she was perfect. Their doctor approved of what Changkyun did as long as he listened to what his body was saying. 

And today his body was telling him to hike Songnisan, one of the most beautiful hikes in all of Korea. Spending most of his adolescence outside of Korea in the US and Israel, he hadn't spent much time taking in the scenery and taking advantage of what Mother Nature had to offer for him at a younger age. Most of his adulthood so far has been spent outdoors and enjoying what he could not when younger. Looking now, he knew he wouldn't have appreciated. The more he matured the more he appreciated what was around him and he loved being outside now more than he ever did. 

Changkyun breathed in the clean, mountain air, so different from the city air he and Jooheon were accustomed to, noise and light pollution smothering them as well, no natural element to any of their surroundings when at home. Everything was artificial and toxic, but here away from so much civilization, was purely mesmerizing. The fall air cool and inviting, not hot or overwhelming. The trees lining the mountains and valley were all changing colors from their primary green, variations of red and orange bouncing into Changkyun's eyes and making him squint at its beauty. Changkyun adored all the colors they created, but the varying shades of yellow were his favorite. Vibrant and warm without feeling too heavy, reminding him of his favorite things. Leaves were already falling and creating a beautiful carpet and mosaic of scattered color and earth, natural patterns littering what was once bare. Changkyun was in love, fresh air and nature were his inspirations. 

And so were his daughter and Jooheon, who was currently struggling with this hike. 

Changkyun felt especially excellent today and that was why he had suggested they hike along Songnisan for their Saturday. The weight of his belly, even at seven months pregnant, was not affecting him one bit and he felt as though his daughter was as light as a feather, part of him.  But of course, he was always reminded of her existence every time she kicked or wiggled around, evoking that she had a personality and was her own person, too. Hyoju didn't kick often, which was a blessing in the sense that it allowed Changkyun to do so many physical activities without her small feet distracting him or causing him discomfort, but then again, it was a curse since their chances of feeling her were limited. She was stationary most of the time, which wasn't as common but it was still plausible. It just made it that when she did kick, it was cherished and treasured. 

But Changkyun was feeling her now as they were halfway through their hike to a specified peak for visitors to reach. It was a light stirring that grew stronger as she stretched out her little legs and arms. It had startled Changkyun from how focused he was on the journey ahead, but he was pleasantly surprised to find his daughter adjusting in her mother's comfort and finding the best spot to lie in. Choosing not to hide this from his boyfriend, Changkyun stopped walking, making home on top of a large rock. Once satisfied with his stopping point, Changkyun turned over his shoulder to see Jooheon's progress on the hike behind him. And not much to his surprise, Jooheon was a few feet back, looking a bit tired and spent already. He looked as though he needed a break and maybe Changkyun did, too. The hike was at a subtle incline that did take its toll after a considerable amount of time on the trail. They had been out for half an hour already and maybe it was the perfect time to rest before continuing. Besides, Changkyun was feeling thirsty and his feet were starting to ache, but of course, he couldn't let Jooheon know that. 

"Come on, Jooheon. It's not that hard," Changkyun assured from his spot ahead of the elder, standing tall and proud from the top of the rock that he had climbed in order to receive a new perspective of the surrounding area. The breeze from the fall weather blew by and he felt so free, so comforted by the wind, "Even Hyoju is doing better than you on this hike," Changkyun teased with a soft hand moving to rest below his round belly. Her kicks were persistent and he felt a particularly strong movement, maybe her pushing against his hand in protest. His smile widened and he felt the warmth in his heart spread to every nerve it could reach of his body.

Jooheon huffed and groused, a frown set deep into his face as he looked up at Changkyun, "She's cheating," he wiped the sweat away from his forehead with the back of his hand, "She's getting a free ride," he reminded the younger as he took a few more heavy steps towards Changkyun's chosen resting spot. He removed the nozzle fixed on his shoulder and placed the thing in his mouth, drinking up the water that flowed from his HydroBak, "How do you even have this much energy? You're like hugely pregnant."

Changkyun rolled his eyes because if anything, he had proved that being pregnant couldn't and wouldn't hold him back. If anything, it encouraged him further, "Whatever, but you better come up here a bit faster. Hyoju is kicking," his hand traveled as he felt her kick elsewhere, finding that she was shifting around majorly. The exhaustion from Jooheon's eyes disappeared as he spit the nozzle out, picking up speed and proving that he could move much faster than he had let on. Feeling his daughter move was phenomenal.

To make it easier on Jooheon and on his own feet, Changkyun carefully sat on top of the rock and waited until the older was close enough to grab his hand. Fitting his long fingers around his boyfriend's wrist, Changkyun led Jooheon's palm to where he was feeling the most movement. And he was lucky enough to receive one large kick right into his palm, shocking both men enough for them to verbally express it, "Whoa!" Jooheon exclaimed, body jolting away from Changkyun with his hand never leaving the bump, "That was impossibly strong. Maybe she's getting muscle from all those workouts you keep doing," he joked, leaning over and placing a kiss right on Changkyun's lips before nuzzling his nose into Changkyun's cheek. 

"That's not how it works. It's probably all the protein I eat," he had to eat high amounts of protein in order to maintain all the energy he needed on his runs and these hikes he goes on, "It's all transferring to her through me. She and I share the same energy," Changkyun stated oh so matter of factly, and it was true. Whatever he consumed and whatever he did went straight to his baby. His entire body was a vessel for her into this world and Changkyun was making sure he was doing a good job and keeping her safe and healthy. 

"I doubt that though. You can never sit still and she always sits still," Jooheon reminded, removing his hand from Changkyun's belly to rest on his thigh where his shorts stopped mid-way to his knee, "Can we take a break?" he asked with pleading eyes, exhaustion returning to his eyes and body. It was like a switch was flipped and he slumped again, spent body going slack and losing all the energy it had before. 

Changkyun chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, we can," he removed the nozzle of his own HydroBak and stuck it in his mouth, drinking down as much water as he could to rehydrate his body. Both he and his baby needed a lot of water, especially on a hike, "Let's take ten minutes then we'll keep going, okay?"

Jooheon sighed in relief and then turned to drink even larger mouthfuls of water, gulping as though he hadn't drank anything in years. A giggle slipped past Changkyun's lips as he took his own drink, taking his time and swallowing sips to not hurt his stomach. They still have half an hour until one of the lowest peaks of the park and then it was an hour down. A short and sweet hike and something they could both realistically handle. Nothing too intense or demanding, something fun for the both of them. Scratch that, all three of them. 

The only complaint that Changkyun really had was that his feet were killing him. His feet swelled to impressive sizes after he went on runs or played basketball with his friends and Jooheon. They swelled enough that he had to take off his shoes once he was in the car and then walk into the house without socks or shoes on. He still had quite a while until he would get back to the car, but he wanted to take his shoes off now and air them out a bit, and it was like Jooheon could read his mind. 

While Changkyun was off in his own mind, admiring what was around him and trying to will away the ache of his feet, he felt Jooheon grab his ankle and work his shoe off his right foot before his left foot. The older untied all his laces and carefully removed his runners before gently lowering Changkyun's feet back onto the warm rock, heated by the sun. But in all his stubbornness, Changkyun brought his foot back up and violently removed both of his socks, rocked a little by the size of his belly, but otherwise, he did so gracefully. The pregnant man tossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter