Chapter 1 - Get to know who I am

May you live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day was extremely normal for her taste. The sun blazing beautifully outside, ligthing the room of her room immediately when she slide the curtain open.

"Too normal," she sighed under her breath. Not long after her statement, a sudden shriek accompanied with gunshots comes. She jumped, heartbeat suddenly beats so fast, her hands trembles, she even believes she can breath her own fear. She believe she's the cause of the sudden event because of her ungrateful thoughts.

Taking a whole two long strides, she got out of her room only to see her mother getting killed by her step-father. Blood trails were seen pooled down under her mother's body. The step-father, breathing heavily with the gun clasped between his two hands, look in horror of what had happened. "What did you do?" Youngsoo blurted out. The step-father look at her in shock, "I-I-I dont' know, i-it was black... and n-now... she's on the floor," not long after what he said, siren were heard coming nearer to the her home. "Y-youngsoo, w-what should I-I do?" the step-father added in, visibly trembling at and fear visible on his eyes. Her step-father keep calling her name, seeking for comfort, "Youngsoo, Youngsoo...

"...Youngsoo, are you there," a woman voice called. Youngsoo, stood in a trance infront of the coffee machine, jumped at the sudden noise. "Oh, hey there," Youngsoo responded, "you were in a trance for awhile there, you good?" the colleague asked out of concern, "yeah, yeah, I'm good, it's just that the morning is too bright and peaceful for me," Youngsoo answered sipping her freshly brewed coffee of her mug. "Ain't it good, though?" her colleague continues, looking through the pantry's cabinet for some snacks. "Very," Youngsoo answered walking out of the pantry to her desk.

Every morning, 4 days a week, she have to attend this so called attachment conducted by her old pre-university school, at the nearest police station. Currently working under her favourite division, CID, as a police inspector. Most people might have said that she become who she was because of nepotism, which she would laughed at, they only said this because of her close relationship with the chief inspector, Kwon Jiyong. 

"Kim Youngsoo, someone is on the line for you," Youngsoo deskmate, Lee Yongbok, chipped in. Lee Yongbok or Felix as how he like to be called as, have been with Youngsoo from the pre-university years. After giving her thanks, she immediately answered her phone, on the line was chief inspector, Jiyong. Funny enough how she just though of him not long before.

"You've been out and about Youngsoo," Jiyong suddenly said, "and aren't you supposed to be working at the moment sir," Youngsoo added, "not really, I pushed it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter