WonHa - Apologies (pt. 5 of HTLYG)

Gfriend One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sowon!"

 

"...Sowon-unnie!!"

 

"Kim Sowon!!"

 

"You better wake up or I'll steal your wife away from you."

 

Sowon almost leaped from the bed, hands shakily grasping onto the nearest collar her hand instinctively gripped. It's a bit comedic if she thinks about it, but not when she's almost dying from the tube that used to be helping her to breathe.

 

" Tsk, I guess you got better now at protecting what's yours, huh?" The eerily familiar voice said, and Sowon wanted nothing more but punch whoever that person is, but she can't now that the sudden adrenaline faded away and that very same stranger helped her removed the tube blocking her from properly breathing.

 

"Don't rush, idiot. Take a deep breath through your nose then exhale slowly through your mouth, then repeat." Said the girl, whom now that she's seeing properly is a blonde dressed as her doctor. Sowon did as told, albeit confused. Once settled, the same blonde helped her rest on her back, allowing her to see the name tag attached to the doctor's pocket.

 

Dr. Hwang Shin-bi

 

Almost immediately, Sowon felt a rush through her veins and gripped the other girl's wrist, who looked up to her confused for a second before giving a smug smirk. The doctor stopped checking on her chest, leaning away to look down at the taller woman. "I know you probably want to kill me right now, but I must tell you that you can't, especially when I'm the doctor that saved your hours ago."

 

Sowon wanted to ask 'what' but the shortness of breath prevents her to do so. She tried to juggle out the earlier events and remembered having a talk with her sister and then... "You had your asthma attack in the middle of your conversation with your sister, the good thing is, your overly affectionate wife had thought of sneaking into your house earlier to cooked you some food, and lucky for you, I was there." 

 

Sowon wanted nothing more but to wipe the smirk from the doctor's face but all she could think about was how Eunha still thought of her that way. So the voice... it was her, huh?

 

"W-Why..." She croaked out, "Why did she come back?" Her voice broke and came out pitifully. She swore she saw the doctor's eyes gloss in sympathy before completely straying her sight back to her files in hand.

 

"I don't know. Anyways, you better get your better 'cause I'm only doing your wife a favor. " She instead replied rudely, but Sowon found herself much confused on how the girl addressed Eunha, she would've asked, if it weren't for the two familiar people entering the room.

 

Eunha...

 

She almost wanted to run to her wife, an action she never thought would cross her mind but remained still. She can't really move, and she's afraid of how the younger girl would react if she suddenly did so, the guilt still creeping to her veins.

 

Yewon decided to break the silence and slightly pushed Eunha forward, careful not to trip her or anything forceful before she made her way towards her sister. With a gentle smile, she asked, "How are you doing?"

 

Sowon grimaced a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter