Chapter 1

Last Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oneulbuteo naekkeoya naekkeoya naekkeoya kkok naekkeo”

“Naekkeoya naekkeoya naekkeoya, superstar!”

“Naekkeoya naekkeoya naekkeoya kkok naekkeo”

“Malhaejullae, pick me up!”

 

Yuri was in cafeteria munching her burger for lunch when she suddenly heard her phone’s ringtone. It was a call from her grandpa, it’s unexpected that he call her at this time. They rarely call but usually do video calls on Skype by weekend. Yuri grabbed her phone on the table with her other free hand and slide it to answer the call.

 

“Yes, Grandpa?”

 

“Yuri…” he said in a very low voice. To Yuri’s ears he sounded almost broken.

 

“Grandpa, what’s the matter?” Yuri knows too well when either her grandpa or grandma calls at day then it must be a news that would delivered by them through phone call. It could be about her parents’ return from their business trip but not at this time. Not when she can hear his voice tone like that.

 

“Yuri… Your grandma… S-she just passed away,” Yuri dropped her burger right away making her friend look at her confusedly. Yuri’s gaze now was on the floor for few seconds before she try to compose herself again.

 

“What?!” Yuri asked in disbelief. He doesn’t reply and just keep silent. They both went silent for a while and Yuri could imagine her grandpa is trying hard not to cry on the phone. She felt her chest being pierced with something sharp by the image she creates herself about her grandpa, knowing that it’s actually really happening at the moment. She finally speak up again, “Grandpa, I’ll come home right away. You stay safe okay? Love you.”

 

She hung up and put the phone inside her pocket then stood up while taking the leftover burger. She was about to throw it to trash bin before her friend, Minju, stopped her by grabbing her hand.

 

“Who called you?”

 

Yuri only stares blankly at her confused friend, she’s still in disbelief state after the news she just heard. Minju tapped Yuri’s shoulder then shake it a bit so that Yuri could come back to reality.

 

“What’s wrong, Yuri? You don’t look okay now.”

 

“My grandma passed away. I’ll go back home today.” She finally answered and didn’t realize that her tears already pouring down to her cheeks now. Minju gasped at the answer then wipe Yuri’s tears with her hands.

 

“I-I’m sorry to hear that and for your loss, Yuri,” Minju hugged her tightly then pulled away. “Do you want me to accompany you go home? You know driving alone when you’re in this state is not a good idea.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter