Heaven Is Whereever You Are

Of libraries, football shirts and make out sessions - A Chansoo college! AU

“You know how I said that time I was lost in the Rocky Mountains and my phone broke and I almost died was the worst day of my life?”, Kyungsoo asked.

Chanyeol just gave a grunt, that sort of ‘I son’t know how to use words also I am trying to suffocate with a pillow but yes I am listening’- reply.

Hé was face down on their couch right now, feet sticking over the armrest, because, well, the human reincarnation of chaos had spilled ice cream over one of their cushions.

Luckily, chaos, better known as his niece, and her little brother ‘you think you know what loud is? I will show you LOUD’ had passed out on their bed, damning a tired Chanyeol and Kyungsoo to collapse somewhere else and take care of the aftermath of the child-shaped hurricane that had messed up their apartment.

“They are lucky they are so ing cute”, Kyungsoo grumbled and then suddenly broke out into swears that even made Chanyeol blush a bit.

“Soo!”, he hissed. “There are kids here!”

Kyungsoo snapped his mouth shut, his eyes growing big, and both of them stared at each other, holding their breath as they listened for any sort of noise from their bedroom.

Then, Chanyeol heaved a sigh of relief. “If they go back to my sister armed with a new array of swear words she will kill me”, he said, collapsing back onto the sofa, leaning his head over the headrest so he could blink up at his boyfriend.

Even heads up, with sticky fingerprints and what probably was baby snot on his black hoodie, his hair and absolute mess, Kyungsoo looked absolutely gorgeous, he thought, grinning when Kyungsoo chucked a piece of lego across the room.

“C’mere”, Chanyeol said and extended his arms towards him, and Kyungsoo came over, leaning down to press a kiss to Chanyeol’s lips.

When he wanted to pull back, he grabbed the front of Kyungsoo’s hoodie and dragged him back down.

“Not so fast, mister spider man”, he said, pressing another kiss to Kyungsoo’s plush lips.

“Thank you for helping me today. Seriously. I don’t know how I would have managed to do this without you.”
Kyungsoo affectionately rubbed his nose against his, dropping both of his lower arms on Chanyeol’s shoulders.

“I’m not sure whatever we did today could be called ‘managing this’. Seriously. Kids are the ing worst.”

Chanyeol smiled and hummed, a bit amused by the dark frown on the other’s face.

“What?”, Kyungsoo asked as he stared down at him, drawing his eyebrows together.

“Nothing. Just… that’s not what it looked like when baby Yoojung was feeding you with grapes and you played princess-tea party with her.”

Kyungsoo grimaced.

“That was, before she stripped down the cute act and turned into the devil himself.”

“They were just tired and hungry”, Chanyeol said, petting Kyungsoo’s hair, who had dropped his head on one of his arms now.

“You know, you can get pretty hangry too, once in a while.”

“Yes, but I don’t try to bite other people then”, Kyungsoo said.

“No, but you also aren’t two. You are a bit better at articulating your needs.”

“That’s true. On that note; Once your sister picks them up later, we get take out food, stay in the bathtub for an hour and then sleep.

“Yes, my princess”; Chanyeol grinned and stretched back so he could wrap his arms around Kyungsoo.

It was an awkward position, but right now he just needed some quality cuddles and alone time his man, okay?

“Should we make sure they are okay?”; Kyungsoo asked after a few breaths of silence.

Chanyeol hesitated, putting off the inevitable answer for a few more seconds.

“Sure”, he said then and let to as Kyungsoo began to stir.

When he got up and got a proper look at his boyfriend, he realized the other one looked even more wrecked than earlier.

“If I wouldn’t know better I’d guess from your hairstyle that you had a pretty wild night”, he said with a grin and now it was Kyungsoo’s turn to answer with an indistinguishable grumbe, before they tiptoed through the short hallway to their bedroom door.

When they looked inside, his niece had her arms wrapped around her younger brother, and both of them were sleeping peacefully.

They both watched them for a moment, then Kyungsoo soundlessly closed the door and turned around so that he could look up at Chanyeol.

“”, Kyungsoo said. “They are so ing cute.”

Not the words Chanyeol would have chosen, but he couldn’t help to agree.

“Let’s clean up the mess in the kitchen first?”, he asked and Kyungsoo nodded, trodding after him back into their open kitchen-slash living room thing.

Like always when he came in here, so maybe for the 3000-ish time by a humble guess Chanyeol told himself he had to look up if there was a word for that.

“Do you want kids later?”, he asked then as he picked up the toys strewn all over the room.

Kyungsoo was whiping down the counter.

“Not really. I hate all kinds of loud and messy thing, so it’s not really a match.”
Chanyeol snorted.

“Do Kyungsoo, that is a lie, if I ever have heard one!”

“What do you mean?”, Kyungsoo seemed honestly confused as he stopped to look down on him.

“You hate loud and messy things?”, Chanyeol repeated.

“Glad those big ears are actually good for something”, Kyungsoo said with a wink and a cheeky grin, that kind of made Chanyeol want to tackle him against the kitchen counter and kiss him breathless.

“I repeat, loud and messy things”, Chanyeol said.

Kyungsoo made a ‘yeah duh that’s what I just said’ kind of gesture, rolling his eyes.

“Loud”, Chanyeol repeated slowly and raised a finger to point at himself. “AND messy.”

“Ah”, Kyungsoo grinned.

“Well, I sometimes hate that about you. You are lucky you are also hot and intelligent and funny and charming and” - “Wait, wait, I need to get my phone out to record this”,  Chanyeol said, scrambling to his feet.

Kyungsoo came around the counter with a smile.

“Well, all of that means I love you almost as much as I hate you”, Kyungsoo said, grabbing Chanyeol’s wrists to pull him closer.

Chanyeol was about to reply when Kyungsoo put his hands into his back pockets and squeezed, meaning he stood there for a moment, mouth open, while he put his mind back together.

“Almost as much, huh?”, he asked, resting his hands on either side of Kyungsoo as he stared into the other’s eyes.

What again had he done in his past life to deserve him? Probably saved the universe and everybody in it. It was the only possible explanation, really. Because otherwise he was just really plain lucky to call this guy his boyfriend, this guy with the cutest plush lips and round cheeks and expressive eyebrows and beautiful deep brown eyes and perfectly smooth pale skin and - “Chanyeol?”

He blinked. “Yeah?”

“Let’s clean up here so we can pretend those little ones aren’t the devil incarnate when your sister comes over in half an hour?”

“Hm. Good idea. Orrrr… or we just make out for ten minutes and then just throw everything into a corner?”

“Always full of good ideas”, Kyungsoo noted with a warm playful smile, before he forcefully grabbed Chanyeol’s shirt and pulled him down into another kiss.