Match Made In Heaven

Of libraries, football shirts and make out sessions - A Chansoo college! AU

Kyungsoo loved Chanyeol. Loved him with all his heart. And he would continue to love him, until the end of time, if Chanyeol would let him do so - because, well, yes, somehow it still baffled Kyungsoo the other one liked him. Well, not only liked him. For some obscure reason his stupidly perfect, perfectly stupid boyfriend seemed to love him back just as much.

So, yes, with their perfect little romance seeming like the quick highlight reel of a melodrama - before a car crash or dark family secrets tore the star-crossed lovers apart and putting their love on trial - Kyungsoo was fully prepared to fight destiny, sickness and any potential long lost evil twins to stick by Chanyeol’s side.

However, there was one thing, one thing that made Kyungsoo wonder if there hadn’t been a major up along the way.

If there was a soulmate.... if there was such a thing - yes, that guy, with the annoying laughter, huge ears and billion-watt-smile was his. But maybe, in the soulmate-assigning department in heaven some annoyed overworked angel who was running low on angel-coffee had overread a very distinct, vital information about Chanyeol.

How in the hell was it possible his boyfriend was the football star of the school when Kyungsoo absolutely dreaded all kinds of sports, especially those involving balls (except, one, that being - well, y’know), and amongst that plethora of ways to move a human body to torture its inhabitant he did despise no other as much as he despised football.

The day he had graduated from high school Kyungsoo had sworn to himself he would never set foot into any sporting facility again. Okay, maybe that decision had wavered a bit the first time he had seen Chanyeol shirtless.

While his boyfriend looked like he was built to put Abercrombie models to shame, Kyungsoo was… well. He wasn’t unhappy with his body. Honestly, he had never given it much thought. That is, until he had seen Chanyeol shirtless, who looked like a marble statue some ancient greek dude with a very questionable uality had carved to install humility in all living men.

But no, for some absolutely unfathomable reason that very first time they had seen each other shirtless Chanyeol’s eyes had lit up like liquid gold and honey as he had cupped Kyungsoo’s face and kissed him absolutely breathless. And while Chanyeol had never really said it, he made it quite clear that Kyungsoo was absolutely perfect in his eyes.

Somehow, while to Kyungsoo shirtless Chanyeol was not only the 8th, but the only wonder of the world, Chanyeol seemed to think of him in the same way.

Yes, admittedly, once in a while the thought popped up in his head that maybe looks-wise, fitness-wise Chanyeol was playing in another league, and that maybe he should do sports, or, well, not wear the same 4 black sweatshirts he had owned for years now all the time, or just… be a bit less Kyungsoo-ish.

But luckily Chanyeol loved him just as he was, and so he had been spared the fate of actually doing sports to fix the errors of some heavenly soulmate-assigning office angel.

However, there was one thing he wasn’t spared from: Watching his boyfriend play. Not only that, but as Chanyeol’s ‘significant other’ he had to sit front row and wear one of his jerseys, next to the Chanyeol’s teamnmates ‘significant others’.

Those being, obviously, exclusively drop-dead gorgeous ladies. And there was nothing more awkward, still, than him showing up to their ‘warm-ups’, meaning they would draw blue and silver stripes onto each others faces, drink fizzy alcoholic drinks and probe cheering routines.

To his horror, Kyungsoo had seen himself unable to decline, causing his stupid boyfriend to grin from ear to ear when he saw him that very first time.

Kyungsoo was still glad he somehow had managed to forgo the pompons. ‘This is stupid’, Kyungsoo had groaned, feeling himself blush as a widely grinning Chanyeol had cupped his face and kissed his nose.

‘Thank you. Really. I know this isn’t easy for you, but… I am so glad you are here with me’, he had whispered then, and Kyungsoo, for some stupid reason, had felt his throat grow tight.

‘Just… go and win this thing’, he had grumbled, and Chanyeol had pulled him into a tight hug before running out onto the field.  

In the end Chanyeol’s team mates and their girlfriends were a lot less bigoted than he would have thought. And somehow, after he had kissed a sweaty y Chanyeol after that first match, his voice coarse from all the cheering he had done, they had accepted him as one of their own.

And so it happened, that grumpy, always black-wearing, stoic Kyungsoo found himself amidst those chattering, glowing ladies, and as Sheryl fixed his blue and silver makeup and Julie poured him another glass of that overly sweet fruity drink he thought that maybe, maybe this wasn’t such a huge sacrifice after all. Not, that he would ever admit that aloud to anyone.