Start

Of libraries, football shirts and make out sessions - A Chansoo college! AU

Kyungsoo had his head buried in his hands, his short thick and shiny hair sticking up in all directions.

Maybe he is asleep, Chanyeol thought as he watched his boyfriend of 2 months, 15 days - he checked his watch - and about three hours.

23 make out sessions no one wanted to see, one time they both looked like caught school boys and one very dramatic incident involving a very annoyed, very wet Junmyeon, according to Baekhyun who was keeping track as well.

‘And that does not include about 3 years of you idiots pining after each other and complaining to me how hard life as a closeted, constantly teenage boy is’, Baekhyun would usually add.

Sure, Baek would complain a lot, Chanyeol thought, but there was no one who was happier for the two of them than their common friend.

He was ripped out of these thoughts, a small content smile on his face, when there was suddenly a loud, resounding BOOM!, that made him almost drop the take out food he had ordered.

“, Soo, are you okay?”, Chanyeol asked and hastened over to Kyungsoo who had collapsed face first onto the table.

“No. It’s over. I’m a failure. Quick, put me out of my misery”, Kyungsoo answered, words muffled by the fact he was still face down on the table.

Good thing the library was quiet that late into the night, and most people around them were wearing headphones or too caught up in their own work to care too much about yet another student having yet another breakdown.

“...I brought Chinese food?”, Chanyeol offered, not knowing if that was the right answer.

For a moment Kyungsoo was motionless, then he began to shift.

“Should’ve said that right away”, he murmured, while Chanyeol grinned and dropped down on the chair next to him after pressing a quick kiss to Kyungsoo’s head.

“How was training?”

“Cool. I beat my own record and coach says we have a good chance to upgrade my scholarship next semester.”

“Still can’t believe I’m dating a ing jock”, Kyungsoo said, still grumpy, and a very red spot on his forehead, as he turned around.

Chanyeol knew his moods well enough to know that Kyungsoo wasn’t in a bad mood - not really.

He just… he liked to be a little whiny sometimes, Chanyeol loved to indulge him. Not that he would ever be caught saying that out loud, because, well, maybe he went training 5 times a week, but Kyungsoo could still kick his .

“Yes, but baby, I am your jock”, Chanyeol asked with a sickeningly sweet voice as Kyungsoo took out the food containers.

“And”, he added back in his normal voice, “there is a lot of ing involved.”

Kyungsoo snorted.

“, that was gross. Rice or pasta?”

“Rice. But babe, speaking of gross stuff… what’s your opinion on semi-public fooling around. Say - wild example, I know - in a library?”

Kyungsoo had a very hard time not to crack a grin at that, but he managed to keep his stoney expression.

“Late at night?”

Chanyeol made an affirmative noise and wiggled his eyebrows, as he too the container his boyfriend handed him.

“With almost no people around, pressed up against a bookshelf and trying to keeping the down?”

Maybe he was just imagining that, maybe Kyungsoo voice had really gotten deeper, more seductive suddenly.

Chanyeol managed a nod, as Kyungsoo leaned closer, wondering what kind of Pandora’s box he had opened - not that he would be complaining, but…

Kyungsoo gaze was heavy as it slowly wandered to his lips before he leaned a bit closer, his lips brushing against Chanyeol’s ear.

“You wanna know what I think of that, baby?”, he whispered, his grip around Chanyeol’s arm growing a bit tighter.

“Yes”, he managed to say after clearing his throat.

“Well…” Kyungsoo moved back so he could look at him,

“I think that would be a perfect waste of some perfectly good Chinese food”; he said in his normal voice, and Chanyeol had to blink clearing his thoughts for a moment before

“Soo”, he whined, while the other one grinned at him, before smugly stuffing some pasta into his mouth.

“You’re a ing demon, you know that?”

Kyungsoo  picked up a piece of meat. “‘s that chicken?”

“Yeah.”

“Nice”, he said, hooking one of his legs around Chanyeol’s ankle as his wordless form of an apology as he continued his teasing.

“And I don’t see how I am the demon for refusing to around in a public space, Yeollie.”

Like always when Kyungsoo called him that he couldn’t help but grin. his amazing boyfriend and his ability to play him like that.

“Objection, your honor. You could have said no. Instead you decided to whisper dirty nothings in my ear. And I ask you, honestly; What is worse - wasting a perfectly good dinner or a perfectly good ?”

Kyungsoo blinked, before his gaze rapidly flickered downwards for just a split second.

“Dinner. For boners I have somebody who supplies them for free, all the time. Plus, that’s not even a ”, he added offhandedly and turned back to his dinner.

“Uhm. Yes, yes it is. How is that not” - Chanyeol choked on a piece of carrot as he felt Kyungsoo’s apt slim fingers through the material of his jeans.

“Babe, I have had very close, very personal contact with your lots of times before. I can see you are not even half hard.” 
Chanyeol who had leaned forwards to shield Kyungsoo’s wandering hand from vision if anybody should look over leaned even closer now, so close he could have counted Kyungsoo’s moles - except, he had done that countless times before already.

“Well, that’s changing”, Chanyeol said, and now it was him who turned up the seductiveness.

For a moment they both didn’t move, didn’t say anything, just stared into each others eyes - before Kyungsoo suddenly cracked and burst into adorable giggles that had his perfect teeth showing and his eyes turn up into beautiful crescents.

For a moment Chanyeol felt like he was going to explode because, , he was so in love, then he burst into laughter as well, his a bit louder, and obviously loud enough to earn them annoyed glances and ‘SHHs!’ from around the room.

For a few moments both of them turned back to their food, trying to get themselves back together.

“But honestly, don’t leave me high and dry after using your on me like that, Mister author”, Chanyeol said.

He only got a groan in return and when he looked up he saw the annoyed frown on Kyungsoo’s face.

“Don’t remind me.”

“Ah. Is that it? The reason you decided to headbang right onto that very solid table when I showed up?”

“Yes”, Kyungsoo said and grimaced. “I just… I thought, now that my exams are over I’d finally have time to write, and I’d sit down and the words would just burst out of me, but. Nothing, zero, nada.”

Chanyeol chewed on his shrimp for a moment, contemplating what to say.

“What do you want to write about?”

“I don’t know? Something...meaningful, I guess. Something big. Like...you know. Gender equality, Political extremism, climate change” - “Yes, yes now my definitely is dead”, Chanyeol announced, and Kyungsoo gave him a thankful, albeit weak smile in return for that quip.

“But babe, to me that sounds a bit too big… maybe choose something a bit less pressuring, and then just see where it takes you?”

“Like what?”

“Like… like… I don’t know, man. I’m just here for the moral support.”

“And the boners”, Kyungsoo added, letting his arm brush against Chanyeol’s as he gave him another playful gaze.

“Yeah. I’m your trusty provider, until death do us part”, Chanyeol promised, instinctively leaning down and tilting his head to the side as Kyungsoo kissed him revelling in how familiar it felt by now, how comfortable, and yet… yet it was so thrilling, all of it - their banter, their kisses, the , or when they just were on their phones, not even talking, tangled up in each other. That was what had initially drawn Chanyeol towards the younger - the fact that with him even doing nothing didn’t feel boring. WIth Kyungsoo even sitting in the library and chatting was a ing adventure.

They both pulled back after a few seconds, knowing full well they could only take that much teasing, before Chanyeol suddenly said:

“Write about us.”

Kyungsoo looked up, a curious look on his face.

“You know… I get you want to tackle something big, and do something meaningful, and I know you have the potential for it, and, hell, you’ll be amazing, but… But. You know, the world is a ed up place, and we all have to do our part to make it better and to save it and - right now, you are doing a whole lot for me. I - maybe that’s stupid, but”- “No, go on”; Kyungsoo encouraged him, moving closer, and Chanyeol made room for him so he could cuddle up against him.

“You make the world a whole lot better. At least for me. And… you know, maybe that’s a good place to start?”

For a moment Kyungsoo’s face was blank, and Chanyeol felt his heart make an anxious little flip.

Maybe that had been sappy, maybe he had - “Yes”; Kyungsoo said, voice quiet as he looked up at him, his fingers wrapping around Chanyeols.

“Yes, that’s a damn good place to start.”