Falling For You

TWIN ROSES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon stared at his girlfriend, who was standing in front of him, dressed in the first bridal dress she was trying on. They were at his step mom’s favourite designer boutique, along with Jongin and Sehun who insisted on joining the couple saying they knew fashion more than anyone else. The three guys were sitting and waiting for Eunsoo to appear in front of them, wearing the first dress the designer had chosen for her. It was a high-neck sleeveless dress, done in a plain white material, which matched perfectly with her skin tone. “How is it?” she asked Junmyeon, who was staring at her without a single word.

He suddenly cleared his throat and looked away. “No sleeveless dresses please.” He said complainingly to the designer. The designer smiled at him and asked Eunsoo to go follow her in.

“Why hyung! It suited her perfectly!” Jongin yelled as Eunsoo walked away with a puzzled look on her face. Junmyeon ignored him and stared back at the magazine in his hands.

 

“How about this, Mr. Kim?”

The designer pulled the curtain, allowing Eunsoo to step out in the next dress she chose. It was a long sleeved dress this time, off white, and tightly fitted her petite figure. It had a long slit from the middle of her thigh to the hemline at her toes.

Junmyeon gaped at her for a while and looked back at the designer. “Don’t you have anything without slits like that?” he asked with an uncomfortable smile. The designer let out a silent chuckle and nodded. “Of course Mr. Kim.” She replied, gesturing Eunsoo to return to the changing room. “But Junmyeon,” Eunsoo pouted and looked at him, because she had really liked that dress. But he had already buried his face back in the magazine. She sighed and walked back in disappointment.

“Hyung what are you expecting?” Sehun asked, starting to get annoyed. “If you have any design in mind, just tell us!” he snapped at his hyung. Junmyeon shook his head and looked back at the changing room impatiently.

“What’s wrong with him?” Sehun whispered to Jongin. “He’s never so picky with fashion!”

Jongin shook his head and sighed.

His phone started vibrating in his jeans pocket, and his face lit up in a bright smile when his eyes caught his favourite caller ID on the display. “Hey,” he whispered into his phone, not raising his voice and tainting the quiet atmosphere of the designer shop.

“Where are you Jongin? Are you at a meeting or something?” Jisoo’s voice came from the other end of the call.

“No Daya, I’m at a bridal designers place.”

Jisoo felt like her insides drop at the unexpected answer. “Bridal... what are you doing there? Did- did your parents agree to have the engagement soon?” she asked, trying her best not to stutter and failing hopelessly.

“Nope...it’s not for us.” Jongin chuckled. “My friend is getting married this month. And we’re here to help him and his fiancée to pick their wedding outfits. This dude is seriously something... grumbling and complaining at the best dresses.” He smirked at the older male who was sitting on the sofa next to him and scrolling through his SNS feed.

Jisoo smiled, relieved from the sudden shock. “I thought...your parents too wanted to hurry this. You know Jongin...both of us are not yet confident about marriage-”

“I know Daya...and I completely understand you.” he nodded. “Leave it to me. I’ll take care of it.”

“I know you will- Oh Jongin I’m getting a call from my sister. You won’t mind if I hang up, do you?”

“It’s alright... I’ll call you later when I finish helping hyung.” Jongin hung up the call and turned back to Junmyeon. “Yah hyung! If you say no to the next dress as well, we’ll send you on honeymoon without having a wedding!”

“As if he would mind.” Sehun smirked behind the magazine he was reading.

 

“Oh unnie,” Jisoo answered her sister’s call. “How’s it going? Did you find a nice dress?”

“I don’t know Jisoo! Junmyeon is rejecting every dress I like...gosh I don’t know. Can’t you come over here? I think I’ll be able to persuade him for something I like if I have your support here. All we have here is two friends of him!”

The soon-to be-bride girl stomped her silver high heeled foot on the floor, pouting at her own reflexion in the large mirror before her. Jisoo chuckled, knowing how stubborn her sister’s boyfriend can be. “Should I really come over then? I’m free today.”

“Yes please! You can join us for lunch later. Will you come then? I’ll text you the location.” Eunsoo replied, delighted to have her sister’s assistant for choosing her dress. “I’ll be waiting then...okay...”

 

Not knowing who will be there along with her sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law, Jisoo quickly started getting ready, to go leave for the place Eunsoo had just texted her.

“Omma! I gotta leave now...unnie needs me at the dress shop! Omma you can manage at the restaurant with at lunch time right?”

* * * * * * * *

“Our team was made during the busiest season of the company. Ugh...I’m already having neck cramps.”

Tiffany rubbed the back of her neck, stretching on her chair.

“Tell me about it...who in the world got the idea of making us organize this Annual Summer Dinner blah blah blah?” Taeyong wailed, flailing his arms at his monitor. “And who the hell got the idea of dress codes? Now do I have to come up with the colour concepts as well?”

“Nah...leave it to Baekhyun. He’s good at those kinds of things. Aren’t you Baekhyun?”

Tiffany called the assistant team manager over her desktop, only to find him lost in thoughts, his eyes glued to the monitor. “Woah...he’s totally the workaholic. Look at those eyes Taeyong. He’s staring at his work like he’s staring at his girlfriend!”

 

Baekhyun didn’t hear any of the teasing remarks his colleagues made, as he kept on refreshing his email inbox, waiting for a certain email to arrive.

I sent it last night. Hasn’t she still checked it?

 

Heaving a sigh of disappointment, he stood up from his desk. Just then, the young team leader walked into the office, coming straight from her morning lectures to report to work. “Good morning everyone!” she beamed at all of them, and looked at the assistant manager who was staring at her, standing frozen to her spot. “Baekhyun-ssi, can you meet me in the office for a moment?”

 

Baekhyun basically ran into her office.

“Take a look at this Baekhyun-ssi.” She gestured him to come over, he walked around her table, and peeked into her desktop screen.

There it was, the academic year schedule he had made for her. it had been about a week since she first asked for his help in making her first Powerpoint presentation for collage, and that’s when he had realized the girl didn’t have anyone to help her with her studies. Unlike the other college students who worked together in the university and in their dormitories, she had to run back and forth between office and college, having almost no time to ask for anyone’s help for her studies.

That’s how he ended up staying up through nights, making her a study plan and gathering the soft copies of references recommended by her lecturers on each subjects, just like Choi Eunsoo used to do for Junmyeon, Chanyeol, Minseok and him in college.

He had finally emailed the completed document to her last night, and had been waiting for her thank you message the entire morning.

“I sorted out everything and made a folder for each subject. Everything’s in order now, thanks to you.” she looked up at him, eyes shining with a smile. “Now will you be my tutor as well? From today on?”

He couldn’t believe how casually the girl was being chummy with her subordinate, and that too, one of her fiancé’s best friends.

He wasn’t ready to become familiar with that heart warming smile yet.

In fact, he didn’t like the fact that he was getting butterflies every time she smiled at him.

She’ll be married to Jongin after all.

“Baekhyun-ssi?”

 

The girl blinked at the guy who was lost in thoughts, staring blankly at her.

“Ah, yes Miss Jo... wait I mean... why would you ask me to help you? I’m a chemistry major. And you’re doing Management Science.”

Daya shrugged casually. “I looked into your resume and saw the additional business management course you’ve taken. So you do have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter