Into My World

TWIN ROSES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week passed by without anymore drama happening in the two girls’ lives, and the two were engaged in their studies feeling carefree, glad that they managed to get away from Kim Jongin. Daya was not feeling even the slightest bit of guilt, but her friend was every now and then recalling the moment she downright rejected him, and was sighing in guilt and disappointment about herself, because she was the one who actually witnessed his kicked-puppy face that night after listening to her words.

“But Daya... I really think you should have given it a try.” Jisoo said, walking out of the auditorium and stepping into the bougainvillea filled garden. “That guy was nice. And he really tried to give it a shot. What if things had worked out for you two?”

Daya stopped walking and turned to face her friend. “Why are you talking like this Jisoo? You, of all people? Like you don’t know anything about me?”

Jisoo huffed, and her friend continued. “Okay let’s say I gave him a chance because he’s a nice guy. Then what next? Will things go smooth once I start freaking out even when he holds my hand?” Daya asked.

“Well yeah... that’d be absurd.” Jisoo muttered in reply. “But you have to overcome this one day girl! You can’t stay like this forever! Just look at you! You won’t even let me hug you! On your birthday at least!!!”

Daya chuckled at her out lashing friend and started walking again. “Who’s the idiot that asked Madam Park to reschedule her lectures to the weekend? I’ve had enough of running back and forth between the company and college... and now the weekend too?” she puffed in anger.

“Blame the subject coordinator. I don’t know the name of that kid... whoever he is, he’s just putting a show trying to show madam Park how studious he is.”

 

“Oh someone like you...

Deutgo issnayo...

Oh someone like you...

Odissnayo...”

 

Daya took out her phone and answered the call. “Omma,”

Jisoo watched her face as it turned from normal to utmost panic in milliseconds. “WHAT? Omma are you serious right now?” she asked in such a hurry, her voice shaking. “How many times do I have to tell you omma that I won’t marrying that man? And now what? He’s coming to the campus to take me out for lunch? Are you serious right now?”

Jisoo clapped her hand onto . “Where... where is he right now? ..... Already left home? And now only you’re telling me omma? ..... Omma CHEBAL let me live!!!”

Daya shoved her phone back into the bag furiously. “Is Kim Jongin on his way here? To take you out?” Jisoo clutched her hand and asked. Daya nodded. “Let’s just lock ourselves in a janitor’s closet or something. That guy will probably even check the CCTV cameras if he cannot find me here.” she mumbled.

“Stop being stupid Daya! Your dad will bury you alive if that boy go back without you! I know you got an earful that day I rejected him at the golf course. And I know you had to sleep without getting dinner and sleep that night though you didn’t tell me.”

Daya looked helplessly at her friend, who was looking at her with eyes filled with sympathy.

 

“Do you want me to step in for you?”

 

Daya widened her eyes at Jisoo. “Will you? You don’t mind?”

Her friend shrugged. “Well I have to... since we don’t have another choice.” And she looked down at herself. “But I can’t meet him dressed like this.”

Daya grabbed her hand. “It won’t take long. Come on!”

 

Soon the two girls were running out of a side gate of the faculty premises, and they entered the nearest clothing store they could find.

It was not a designer boutique, but Jo Daya with her usual elegant fashion sense, knew right away what to buy and make the girl look presentable as a college girl from a chebol household.

 

“Woah Daya... I should really start learning these things from you!” Jisoo grinned at her own reflection from the nearest mirror wall, while waiting for Daya to make her payment. She had chosen a hot pink mini pinafore dress for Jisoo, with a grey sweater to be worn underneath it. She picked them to match the sneakers Jisoo had been wearing, which was a combination of hot pink and black.

 

“Let your hair down.” Daya pulled off the black elastic band that was holding Jisoo’s hair in a high ponytail, and adjusted the messy curls to fall nicely on her shoulders. “And take off that bunch of wrist bands... and your make up... yeah that’s okay.... now let’s go!!!”

 

The two girls ran like anything and re entered the faculty premises in no time, and hurriedly made their way towards the front gate. “He’ll be at the gate soon. I’ll stay somewhere here till then. You can go alone right?” Daya asked, and Jisoo nodded confidently, trying to flatten the bouncing curls on her shoulders.

 

“Daya-ssi!”

Both girls whirled their heads around while walking across the college car park towards the main entrance, and both ended up haltering on the spot. Jo Daya turned because it was her name being called, and Jisoo turned because she recognized his voice.

Leaning against a dashing motor bike that most of the males in their age dreamed of having, Kim Jongin was merrily waving at them.

“Is that him?” Daya asked under her breath.

“Yeah... but what’s wrong with his attire today?” Jisoo muttered.

The young heir was wearing a white Pokemon tee with grey track pants and Nike sandals, looking like he just jumped out of bed and dragged himself here.

Still, Jisoo found him dazzlingly handsome.

 

He started walking towards them, and the two girls tensed again.

“Okay then. You’re Jo Daya and I’m Choi Jisoo.” Daya said through clenched teeth.

“Right. I’m going with him then.”

“Hwaiting!”

 

Jongin stopped in front of them with a smile. “Do I look like an idiot? Smiling like nothing happened between us?” he asked straight away.

“What? Ah, no it’s fine.” Jisoo forced a smile and said.

“Is this your friend?” Jongin asked, pointing at Daya.

“Eh? Ah...yes. This is my friend Ch-Choi Jisoo.”

Jongin nodded acknowledgingly and Daya nervously bowed back. “Then you must know who I am, Jisoo-ssi. Well... I hope you won’t mind me taking your friend out for lunch.” He asked, bringing out his usual friendly self.

Daya quickly shook her head. “It’s alright. You can... um.... take your time. I won’t mind.” She said with a nervous grin.

 

“Where are we going?” Jisoo asked as Jongin was bolting in lightening speed to an unknown destination, after advising her to hold on tight. “To show you how ordinary I am!” Jongin said aloud above the gushing sound of wind.

“To what?”

“ You’ll see!”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“It’s getting crazy, so make a choice

Just do or don’t, now bring the noise!”

 

Chanyeol’s deep voice broke the silence inside Luhan’s van, which was taking Minseok, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae to Baekhyun’s new apartment. Baekhyun had chose Saturday as his moving day, and the four guys who were the least occupied in the weekend had offered to help him with the moving. He had found a place that made daily commuting much easier for him to work and back, and the place fitted his taste perfectly with a decent rent. ‘Cheap apartments bring expensive women in.’ he recalled the ridiculous proverb Chanyeol had made up as he signed the contract, and smiled to himself.

“Oh baby don’t you wanna come into my world

Me wo sorasu nay o wakattendarou...!”

 

“This is why even humans need volume buttons.” Luhan sighed, as Jongdae’s ear splitting high pitched singing filled the vehicle. Minseok chuckled from the passenger seat next to him. “At least his Japanese has gotten better.”

“Oh run run run a runaway,

r-run a runaway

run run run a runaway...”

Finally Baekhyun too joined their choir, and the beagle line kept singing the same set of lines until they reached Baekhyun’s new apartment complex, making the best out of the rare chance they were getting to have fun thanks to their busy and never free daily routines.

 

 

It took them hours to move all Baekhyun’s belongings into the apartment once they were brought by a truck, and then they had to clean the whole place and arrange the furniture and unpack the rest of his belongings. Once everything was done, Chanyeol ordered jjajangmyeon and soju to ‘traditionally celebrate the moving’, and soon after, Junmyeon and Yixing too stepped into the new place, along with a pile of house-hold items and instant food.

“You need ramyeon more than anything in life, so we brought some.” Yixing dropped the plastic bag filled with bundles of instant noodles packets. “But have rice at least once or twice a week you prick!”

Baekhyun chuckled, taking the three bundles of beer cans Junmyeon had shoved into his arms. “Arasso hyung. I’m not a kid anymore.”

“As if.” Minseok muttered, walking out from the kitchen. “If I ever step in and find the place un-vacuumed, I’m go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter