Girl Problems

TWIN ROSES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun typed a message and tapped on the send icon, activating their group chat after about a week because everyone was too busy to chat these days.

 

Baekhyun : Who’s online?

Minseok : Baekhyun-ah what’s up?

Baekhyun : Ah hyung! Gotta know who’s free right now. Wanna meet you guys.

Chanyeol : Sorry Baek! At Sohyun’s place. ;)

Minseok : I can come Baekhyun, I’m free.

Tao : I have the whole evening free but how can I come from China hyung??? T_T

Kyungsoo : Yeah... To where?

Junmyeon : I’m in a board meeting and Yixing’s here too. Don’t think we’ll get out before dinner. Mian Baekhyun-ah...

Baekhyun : It’s fine hyung, just wanted to hang out with you guys because I officially broke up with my girlfriend today. ;)

Sehun : You broke up? Why did you break up?

Wait WHAT? You had a GIRLFRIEND???

Junmyeon : SINCE WHEN WERE YOU EVEN DATING BYUN BAEKHYUN???

Jongin : Who’s the girl?

Kris : And who got dumped? You or her?

Luhan : Baekhyun-ah you alright? I’ll come today.

Kris : Yeah me too. Just will be a bit late because of traffic...

Jongdae : Yah Byun Baekhyun!!! Don’t tell me it’s Kim Jian!

Baekhyun : ...

Kyungsoo : Who?

Jongdae : His jujitsu instructor! *insert face palm emoji*

Baekhyun : About a month ago, I found out that she was two timing, and I was waiting for her to come clean about it. But it didn’t seem like she was gonna do it any soon, so I decided to end things myself. And... that’s it!

Jongdae : Seriously Baek, where was your brain to have such a rotten taste huh? Even a grade schooler can tell what kind of woman she is! Chanyeol-ah you have seen her too right?

Minseok : Chanyeol is offline...

Baekhyun : So I just needed to hang out with you guys a bit... take a walk in the beach and grab a drink, it’s fine if you guys are busy.

Minseok : No Baekhyun-ah, I’m leaving right now! Will be at your place in 10!

Jongin : Um so sorry hyung... I have another blind date today! T_T

Tao : What’s taken hostage this time Jonginnie? XD

Jongin : My brand new Tesla Roadster!!! It’s just three days since I bought my new baby... and abhuji is already gonna take it away if I don’t go on this blind date!!! T_T

Luhan : Just go and meet the girl Jongin-ah... who knows? What if she really suits you?

Baekhyun : Yeah do give it a try.

Kyungsoo : Which family is it this time?

Jongin : JY Apparel’s chairman’s daughter. ‘One and only daughter’ they said. So ‘it’s a fortune’ they said. I hate that it’s all about money hyung...

Junmyeon : At least go for it and save your car kid.

Jongdae : Okay then I’m leaving too! Baekhyun see you in the beach then! Jonginnie good luck on your date!

 

*after a few minutes*

 

Yixing : What’s going on here? I’m in a meeting with Junmyeon... Wait what Kim Junmyeon have you been chatting here all the time during the meeting? Now what’s going in here? Who got dumped? And who’s going on a blind date in the beach???

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“This is not a joke Jo Daya! What if someone see us and tell your parents?” Jisoo replied her best friend’s unacceptable request with a whiny question for the nth time that evening. “Does it even make any sense? Me going on a blind date in your place?” the brunette sprang at the girl who wasn’t bothering to answer any of her questions.

Daya smiled to herself. “Look at the woman who’s been pestering me all the time to set her up with a nice guy! Now I’m doing you that favour, and you’re rejecting it?” she raised an eyebrow at her best friend.

Jisoo sighed and sat on the coffee brown couch. “I wanted a nice but ordinary guy Daya, not some filthy rich tycoon born with a silver spoon!”

“But you wanted a handsome guy, and this one is quite handsome, that’s what my mom said.” Daya smirked.

“What’s the use of being handsome huh? You know how my unnie suffered after falling for a handsome and too-rich-to-be-true guy. Thankfully they’re finally going to settle, but I’m not strong hearted like my unnie. I can’t go through stuff like she did.” she pouted grumpily.

This time Daya decided to stand up from her bed, and walk to her friend. “Jisoo-yah,” she crouched down in front of her, and took her hands in hers. “Let’s please be serious now okay? You know the reason I don’t want to go on dates. So please...”

She wasn’t faking innocence, or acting cute using puppy eyes, but solely reminding her friend of the actual reason this time. And Jisoo gave away in no time, sighing and nodding her head with pursed lips. “But what if I make any mistake?”

“You won’t!” Daya said reassuringly. “Both of us are first years, that too, in the same university. So I’m sure you won’t make any mistakes while talking about random stuff with him. Just act yourself, and do whatever that comes to your mind since I’ve never met him before. You’ll just have to wear something of my style, and that’s all.”

“And after the date?”

“I’ll come home and tell omma and appa that he’s not my type. It’s over then!”

“Fine... But I don’t want to wear a dress!!!”

“Please Choi Jisoo...”

 

 

 

The two girls stepped out of the designer boutique, which Daya frequents at because she personally preferred this designer, who designed clothes for quite a limited number of people in Seoul. Jisoo looked down at herself, unable to believe that she was actually wearing a dress, sporting the ‘Romantic Date Look’ as the designer explained. Screwing her nose at herself, she looked at her friend. “So what are you gonna do while I’m taking your role?”

Daya beamed at her. “Gonna have that free time I’ve always wanted to have. Without anyone inquiring about what I am doing and questioning the convenience of it, I’m gonna just walk freely and grab some street food.”

Jisoo sighed and shook her head. “Thankfully I’m the only one hearing this. Just walking freely and grabbing street food? You sound like a stray middle schooler Daya!”

Her friend smiled whole heartedly because of the freedom she was getting right now is all she needed. “You don’t understand because you grew up experiencing all those things. But I grew up watching ordinary kids live their life to the fullest, but I had to maintain my parent’s status instead of making myself happy.”

Jisoo suddenly felt apologetic about mocking her friend, knowing perfectly well what kind of life she lives. She stepped closer and slid her hand around her friend’s waist. “It’s alright Daya. Spend your free time any way you want. I’ll make that time for you. So go wherever you like, and let’s meet here after the blind date okay?”

Daya nodded and pushed her towards the hired cab that was waiting for Jisoo. “I told mom I’ll just hire a cab because I’m not sure when the date will end.” She said with a playful wink. “So that my driver ahjussi can’t tattle on me.”

Jisoo giggled and headed towards the cab. And before getting on, she turned around and waved at her friend. “Hope he’s actually your type!” Daya waved merrily as the girl stuck out her tongue and got onto the cab. Daya watched the cab leave, before turning away from the main road and taking a turn into an alley which led her to her favourite destination.

 

* * * 

 

Jongin sat at the table which his mom had reserved for his blind date earlier that day, in the fancy restaurant by the river Han, where he always came for blind dates when he was blackmailed by his dad with threats to take away possessions that are special and valuable to him. This time it was his brand new sports car, and he was absolutely determined not to lose it by refusing just two hours of dinner with a girl whom his parents set him up with. He went there about ten minutes earlier than the promised time, and waited patiently sitting at the chair which faced the glass wall of the restaurant, giving a clear view of anyone who walked pass the street outside.

His eyes caught a person walking outside a few minutes into his waiting, and for some reason he was more interested in the view of the person than he usually would be about young women of that age.

Her face gave her age as of a college girl, but she was dressed more elegantly, as if she was on a date. The two-toned long sleeved dress she was wearing ended right above her knees, the left side of the dress done in baby blue and the right side in white, from the collar to the hemline. It was kept in place with a white belt around her waist, matched to the hand bag in her hand and her high heeled sandals, which were both white as well. And her dark brown curly hair was held up in a pony tail, not too high, but high enough to compliment the young and fresh elegance of a girl. Her hair, makeup and the white rhinestone earrings she was wearing, everything complimented her rather confused looking face, as she walked slowly along the pavement, occasionally giving a look into the restaurant through the glass wall, with a nervous look.

 

Within the few seconds she passed by in front of his sight, Jongin had checked out every single detail he could see on her, and his eyes were fixed on her confused or rather nervous looking face when she walked out of his sight. His eyes turned to the door of the restaurant the next second, which opened and the same figure walked in and nervously bowed to the employee who stepped forward to welcome her.

He suddenly felt the need of having her as his date. He wished she was the girl he’d be meeting that evening. And making his wish come true, and making his eyes widen, the employee girl led the young lady towards his table. Jongin found himself standing up in no time.

 

Jisoo followed the employee and ended up near a table by the glass wall, and the guy who was sitting there stood up at once, straightening his charcoal grey blazer which he was wearing over an olive green turtle neck. And just like her friend had mentioned, he was undeniably handsome, and attractive in every possible way for a first impression.

The employee bowed as Jisoo muttered a thankyou, and walked away. And the girl looked at the probably six-footer in front of her.

He smiled. And it was one of the rarest type of attractive smiles Jisoo had ever seen, and the kind of smile Jisoo thought a rich family heir would never posses at all.

Oh wait, Junmyeon oppa smiles so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter