Final

It took us long enough

 

Jongin opens the door of the apartment, he shivers. He got out of his dancing room later than usual because he was struggling making a certain move. Well that's what he thought but everyone else would tell you that his choreo is absolutely perfect. 

 

Everything is off in the apartment, except for the little bear lamp that's in the living room. He smiles.

He already showered so he decides to head to bed, he feels exhausted. He walks up to his room but decides otherwise and opens the door of the room that's in front of his first. He peeks in and notices that the bed is empty, he bites his lip, smiling again. 

Getting inside of his own room by slowly opening the door, he walks towards his bed and tries to make no noise to not wake up the other person. He removes his hoodie and gets under the covers. 

He exhales and relaxes. Looking at the back of the person that's sleeping next to him, he closes his eyes, though he'd like to get a hug rightnow. Two minutes after, he feels a warm arm draps around his torso and then a warm body pressed on his side. 

''Did I wake you up?''

''No, I couldn't sleep anyways.''

''Why? It's late Hunnie.'' Jongin puts his hand on the arm that's on him and caresses it.

''Because I was cold and you weren't there. You know how I can't take the cold Nini.''

Jongin chuckles ''I'm sorry. Let's sleep now, ok? I'll make breakfast tomorrow.'' he says as he takes Sehun in his arms.

Sehun also gets closer and rubs his nose against Jongin's neck ''Hm, 'night.''

 

No they're not dating, they've just been joined by the hips since they met back in their childhood. 

Well that's what they say but all their friends would say that they're blind and don't see what they actually share. 

 

- - - 

 

Jongin is currently sat in the audience next to his friends Suho, Lay and Chanyeol, the crowd is going crazy. Everyone is shouting names and supporting their college team. They're leading only by few points thanks to one of the player he knows too well with the numbers 94 written on his football player outfit.

His heartbeats are going fast and he forces himself not to get up each time someone tackles Sehun. He knows the ladder is strong but he can't help worrying, he's already thinking of all the bruises Sehun will get and he winces. 

 

The last whistle goes off and the match is over, they won. Jongin decides to wait for Sehun outside of the changing room before going home. Their friends wanted to invite them for dinner but he declined, Jongin knows Sehun is going to want to go home and eat at home to relax after all this night full of adrenaline. That's what they always do after a match. 

 

Jongin is looking at the night sky when he hears quick steps and then gets a back hug.

''Yah Sehun, you almost made us fall.'' he whines but he's happy to finally see Sehun. 

''I'm hungry Nini, let's get some Chinese food?'' Sehun says as he grabs Jongin's hand and starts walking.

It's still cold but they both feel warm at this moment. 

''How did you find the game by the way?''

''Great, I'm always speechless at how smart you are at avoiding all those players running after you, and you always run so, so fast.'' Jongin answers with a fond look on his face.

''I try my best. I have to impress my supporter number 1 after all, don' t I?'' Sehun tells him, whispering the last part.

''That you do.'' Jongin says, brushing his thumb on Sehun's hand.

 

- - -

 

Jongin is at the cafeteria, it's lunch time. Baekhyun and Xiumin are with him, they all share few classes together and are good friends. 

Sehun will be a few minutes late because one of his teachers wants to congratulate him for getting the best score on his last test, that's what he said in the text Jongin received, Jongin answered that he will wait for him. 

''Jongin why aren't you eating? Waiting for your boyfriend?'' Baekhyun teases.

Jongin pouts ''He isn't my boyfriend.'' Though it feels wrong saying that for some reason. 

''Oh then why don't you go on a date with one of the girls that have been staring at you since you sat down here?'' he says and makes a move with his head to show where the girls are.

Jongin looks at them and frowns, looking back at Baekhyun he answers ''I'm not interested.''.

''Why, is it because you have Sehun already?'' Baekhyun asks and wiggles his eyebrows but gets smacked on the head by Xiumin, ''Yah Baekhyun stop annoying him and shut your mouth.''.

''But I'm just trying to make him realize that him and Sehun are in-''.

''What's going on?'' Sehun says as he takes a seat next to Jongin holding a plate of food. He looks at Jongin who's pouting and decides to rub the ladder's back. ''Are you ok Nini? Baekhyun are you teasing him again, I swear I'll tell the whole campus who your crush is if you don't stop.''. Baekhyun rolls his eyes. 

Without saying anything else, Sehun puts the plate he brought between him and Jongin and starts eating. Jongin finally moves and eats, feeling better now that Sehun is here. He opens the soda can, drinks it before Sehun grabs it and drinks some as well. Once Sehun eats half of the only burger they have, he gives it to Jongin who happily finishes it and Sehun meanwhile eats the rest of the French fries Jongin was eating.

When the food is gone, Jongin grabs a tissue to wipe his hands and another one to clean some tomato sauce that Sehun has on the corner of his lips. The ladder thanks him with a smile full of fondness. 

''Yeah, totally what best friends do.'' Baekhyun whispers, not surprised by the 'married couple' behavior as he likes to call them. Xiumin giggles.

 

- - -

 

Vivi died, Sehun's mom tells his son on the phone. 

Sehun hangs up and stays still. It was his dog since he was a teenager so Vivi was an old dog. It had to happen right? Sehun tries to stay calm.

Jongin notices that something is wrong when Sehun doesn't come back on the couch after few minutes to finish their movie. He gets up and goes next to him in the kitchen. Sehun tells him what happened with tears in his eyes, ready to fall. 

 

That night, Jongin has Sehun in his arms. He's rubbing his back and saying that Vivi had a beautiful life and will always be remembered.

He's not good with words but he tries to calm Sehun sobs down because it breaks Jongin's heart to see him like this, so vulnerable. 

 

The morning after when they wake up, Sehun thanks him with a big hug and kisses his temple. He feels better and so does Jongin.

 

-  -  -

 

Jongin is on a bench, reading a book. He loves literature and always enjoys this type of moment when he forgets about his surrendings because what he reads is so entertaining. He feels good, today wasn't a busy day, only 2 classes. His dance practice went well and now he's just waiting for Sehun's training to finish so they can go back home together. 

That's why he almost jumps when he feels something -someone actually- sits close him. It's a girl who looks fake from head to toes and he doesn't know her. ''Hey handsome, are you alone?'' she says, her strong perfume giving him a headache. 

Jongin swallows, he may look fragile and innocent but he knows damn well this type of girls. He dated one after all, well more like fooled around with one of her kind back in high school but ended everything shortly after discovering that he wasn't interested in girls. Nobody knows, not even his best friend because he doesn't want things to change between them. He can't imagine a day where Sehun wouldn't be by his side. 

And now that he thinks about it, Jongin still doesn't know what is Sehun orientation either because he never dated anyone...

''Hello, did you hear me?'' the girl says, getting closer to Jongin's face. ''I heard you. Can I help you?'' he asks trying to stay polite even if he's dying to get away from her presence.

''I was wondering, do you want to go out with me? I seen you around, I seen you dancing too, you're a damn god, I'd do anything you want... Just say the words.'' she says and puts a hand on Jongin's leg. 

Jongin almost snaps but he suddenly feels another hand on his shoulder. He looks up and gulps.

Sehun wears a death glare and clearly aims it at the girl. He slides his hand under Jongin's head, lifts it gently towards him and says ''Let's go home.'' in his ear, completely ignoring the girl annoyed face. 

 

This kind of situation never happened before. Sehun is angry, not at Jongin but at that girl, at himself, at everyone else. This is bad, he thinks as he drags Jongin away. 

 

They walk without saying anything but the strong hold of Sehun's hand in his says it all. Jongin thinks of a way to calm him down but doesn't really know what to do. And wait, why is Sehun so mad?

Once inside their apartment, Sehun hugs him. He hugs him in a way he never did before, like he's scared this would be the last hug they would ever share. Jongin doesn't like that so he hugs him back tightly. 

''Hunnie what's wr-''

''Jongin.'' Sehun says, his face buried inside of his neck. ''Why aren't you dating anyone?'' he says again with a broken voice. 

''What?'' Jongin says, tightening his arms around Sehun. The ladder feels so fragile when he's the biggest one between them.

''You should date someone, go out instead of staying with me all the time.'' Sehun tells him and Jongin can't breathe.

''Do you really want me to start going on dates? Are you tired of me? And why don' t you do that instead Sehun?'' Jongin asks and starts to panic, tears building in his eyes. Is this the end of what we have? Does he want me to go away? He thinks, his vision starting to get blurry. This can't be happening, it's just a bad dream. 

 

Sehun stands up hiding his face and tries to walk away but Jongin stops him, ''Answer me!'' he shouts as he grabs Sehun's arms. Sehun snaps and pushes him against the entry door where they have been since they got back.

He puts his hands on both side of Jongin's head and looks at him closely. ''I have never dated anyone in my whole life because I been in love with my best friend for years, that's why.'' Sehun finally says, releasing his tears. ''I'm so sorry I'm ruining everything, I really thought I could let you go the day someone would take you away from me but I can't Nini, I can't. I felt like dying back in high school seeing you hanging out with that and now this gi-''

He can't finish his sentence as Jongin grabs the other's face and kisses him desperately.

It all makes sense now, he thinks. Sehun has always loved him and he himself has been in love with Sehun for the longest time and he can't believe he just realized it.

''I love you too Hunnie, so much. I can't see myself live a life with a person that isn't you.'' he kisses him again and smiles when Sehun kisses him back and hugs him tight. 

 

Sometimes later, after a long session of make out and hugs, they decide to go to bed, exhausted but more happy than ever.

They get on the same bed as usual but their hearts are closer this time, and their bodies too.

 

- - -

 

It's morning and they're heading to their first class. 

Nothing really changed between them if you ask except that there's more kisses now, more romance and it feels just right. 

You could almost hear Baekhyun say ''I told you guys!!'' down the hall.

 

- - -

 

The end.