BEGIN

Myrodiá
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

 

After the life threatening-meeting (according to Kyla), Feather finally took her around the village, describing places that were important for the latter to knew while staying in the pack.

They've been walking for around two hours and a half but Feather said they've only seen a little part of the village. This made Kyla realized their pack territory wasn't small at all. She must do some research about the island later, it was after all for the sake of her life.

"I never thought this village is so huge! And we will spend the whole day for you to show me around. Thanks a lot, and I'm sorry for bothering your schedule Feather. " She gave Feather a guilty look along with a small head bow.

"We're one of the biggest packs in this island. We probably need two days to look at the whole village, and what's with the formality? You're my friend now, spending my time the whole day with you is fun! I've been coping with my work for a while and I could use some time. Let's go to the common room yeah? It's lunch time. And after that we can continue."

"Sure." Kyla nodded happily, ignoring the unwanted attention she had got ever since they've strolling around from the morning.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"Welcome to the common room! This is the place where everyone has breakfast and lunch together every time. It's one of the rules in our pack and meant to keep the pack's bond strong. As for dinner we have it in our own cabin to spend time with our family."

The moment they stepped into the room, waves of delicious foods greeted their sense of smell. They arrived just right for lunch time, so the room wasn't packed yet. Kyla could freely observe the room without being the center of the attention.

"Besides the square, this room is the most spacious in the village. Technically the whole village gathered for every meal times and also for parties. And we have second floor which is a bar."

"I've never been to a massive room like this before." Kyla gasped as her eyes wandered around the enormous room.

"It's like two, no, three houses were combined into one."

"What did I told ya. The office room is nothing compared to this."

Kyla could only nod in awe. The building was also build from wood, but this was painted in white cream color, with two big shining chandeliers on the high ceiling and top-to-bottom glass windows on the walls. Candelabras and lanterns were everywhere as lighting source at night. There's a long wooden buffet table on the right wall, and also round tables and comfy chairs filled the room.

"Are those for Alpha and high rank wolves?"

Kyla pointed to a row of empty tables in front of two fireplaces at the end of the room. The chairs' color was different than the other ones.

"Yeah. The Alpha and his family eat with us but that doesn't mean anyone can join in their table without being asked to. The same thing occurred with Elders and other high rank wolves."

"Hmm... I see." Kyla muttered while continued to observe the room, especially the walls. "There aren't much animal's head decorations in here huh?"

Feather only laughed at her question, "Cause we tend to decorate the room for parties, paintings are more convenient to be moved. Now let's take the food, this place will be a sea of werewolves soon." She pulled Kyla to the buffet tables.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

They sat on the table near the window, munching on their lunch joyfully.

"Okay, now I'll tell you about the pack's system." Feather chided and chugged down her drink.

"Every werewolf packs have the wolf's ranks which consist of; Alpha - the highest rank, Luna - the Alpha's mate, followed by Beta, Elder and then pups. As you already know Alpha and Luna - his wife, are the leaders of the pack. If they weren't available at the moment Beta will substitute them for a while."

"As for Elder, they do not have any authority as the leader bur rather give advice to the Alpha. They're the oldest and wisest wolves in the pack. And pups, they do not have any responsibilities and the most carefree being in the pack." She paused for a moment, looking at Kyla whether she was keeping up or not.

"I got it. What about Omega and R-Rog?"

"You mean Rogue." She chuckled at her.

"Well, Omega is the term for the lowest and weakest wolf in the rank. But they're more like communal scapegoats or outlets for frustration in the pack. Our pack is strict but the Alpha never put anyone as Omega. As for Rogue, they're the wolves who ran away or chased out from their pack. Some became lone wolf and some forms a small group consist of rogues. They are not welcomed to every pack and mostly got killed when passing one's territory."

"Are there any rogues in this forest Feather?"

"Yep, only a small numbers and they never caused any trouble with us. But let me remind you Kyla, never pass the territory on your own. You're a human, the rogues won't even hesitate to kill you if they see you. Lucky you happened to be in our pack and were saved by Namjoon in time."

"Don't worry, I won't leave the pack on my own. I'm sure I couldn't find my way back here if I wonder alone in the forest." Just the thought of being hunted down again was enough to make Kyla shuddered in fear.

"Good. And to help you find some money, we have quest board at the office. You can choose till 3 or 4 jobs in a day, of course they'll pay you when you finished. At least you can get some money before you go to the town."

"Really? That will be very helpful. Oh, how do you get to the town feather?"

"We usually go there two or three times in a week in a small team consist of 10 till 13 werewolves to trades and buy important things, like fabric, metal, medicine, and many others. The town is quite far from here and like I said it's dangerous for you to go alone. Luckily a team will go in two days. One of Namjoon's friends - Jimin will be there and he will be the leader of the group. I'll ask Namjoon if you can come along with them."

"I couldn't thank enough Feather. We've just met yet you helped me a lot."

"Don't mention it. I love making new friend and you're so lovely and squishy!" She pinched Kyla's cheeks which made the latter giggled.

"By the way Feather, is Namjoon the son of Alpha Lee?" Her curiosity got piqued when Namjoon's name was mentioned.

"Huh? No, he isn't."

"He isn't? But he's the leader of the younger werewolves' right?"

"Yep. But no, he is not the son of Alpha Lee. He got that position because among all of the young werewolves he is the smartest and wises, plus he is also an Alpha. Everyone agreed to make him as the Young Leader of the pack. Y'know, kinda to keep the young wolves at bay."

"Wow... No wonder Alpha Lee looked so proud when he introduced him before." She trailed back at how The Alpha had a huge grin plastered on his face when he mentioned Namjoon.

"Well, who doesn't when it comes to Namjoon." Kyla totally agreed with her. The two didn't meet yet besides the meeting but Kyla could tell how the young man was much respected.

"Not only Namjoon, but his friends are also pride of the pack. Sooner or later you will meet them. But before that, prepared yourself cause they have such an overwhelming looks." She winked at Kyla who's just titled her head in confusion at the statement.

"What about you Feather? What is your rank?"

"I'm a Beta and one of the best female fighters in the pack." She smiled brightly.

"Really? No wonder your clothes were so different."

Unlike Kyla who wore simple blue long dress (it's one of Feather's actually), the lilac-hair girl was covered in a cream lace-up sleeves shirt made from cotton with brown suede bodice on top. The gloves and leather arm bracers were on both of her hands, with purse belt wrapping her waist, as well as black trousers plus brown leather mid-calf boots to complete the whole look, purely screaming the vibe of a fighter.

"Is that a dagger belt I see?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, this babies are my favorites." She patted the covered daggers as her face beaming with light.

"Wow... I feel so honored to be a friend of you."

"That's flattering." She giggled, "Female fighters aren't that much and I happened to be quiet good in combat. Now finish your food so we can continue our small tour, and after that we'll go to meet Jin to check your condition."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

It was already evening when the two girls decided to called it for the day. And just like what Feather stated, she brought Kyla to the one-and-only infirmary in the pack on their way home.

"I'm not even surprised anymore with the size." Kyla exclaimed as they walked toward the door.

"Well, we only have one so of course it was built in a quite huge size. Since we're the only pack in the forest and the town is pretty far, it is necessary to have everything in here."

They entered the infirmary and were greeted by the wide back of a tall guy in a long green tunic with white overcoat who was organizing things on the shelves. He put the jar on his hand into the shelves and turned around to the two girls, giving them a huge smile.

"Welcome ladies, how may I help you?" He greeted as he walked towards the two girls.

When he stood in front of them, Kyla could see how gorgeous he looked with those brown eyes and his dark brown hair and dang it, his shoulders' sure were wide.

"So Kyla, this is Jin. Our most talented apothecary and the head of this infirmary, and Jin, this is our guest, Kyla."

"Ah, the one Namjoon told me. Nice to meet you Kyla, I'm Kim Seokjin but you can either call me Jin or worldwide handsome." He winked playfully which made her laughed a little.

"Gosh... Please ignored him Kyla, he is wonderfully confident with his look." Feather rolled her eyes at him. "And you're supposed to examine her, not flattering yourself around."

"You're just jealous with my gorgeous face." He retorted with his unique windshield laugh as he guided the two of them to an examination room. He told Kyla to sit on the bed and examined her.

"Your scars will be gone in a few days. Stinging but there's no mark will be left. Your temperature is normal but your stamina hasn't recovered yet. You must rest and I recommend do not work for the time being. I'll give you some ointment and medicine right away."

He immediately walked out for a few minutes to take two small jars and gave it to Kyla.

"Drink the medicine thrice a day and applied the ointment after bath and before you sleep. Understand?"

She didn't answer him immediately for she was looking at the small jars, examining it carefully. As if she was contended with what she found, she glanced back at him and nodded with a big smile.

"Thank you Jin."

"No problem. I'll check you again in a few days, till then remember what I told you." He too, gave her another smile.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her. I'll make sure she will drink the medicine and rest enough for the night." Feather added as the two left the infirmary.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Morning came and everyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter