AWAKE

Myrodiá
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could feel the warm sunlight on my face which made me buried myself more onto the soft pillow and bed. I pulled the blanket over to be wrapped in the warmness, wanting to go back to dream land once again.

Wait, soft pillow and bed? Blanket and warmness?

I jolted up right away, looking around for a sign of danger just in case I was still in the dream world. Surely I made a wrong move cause I feel so dizzy from the impact of my sudden movement. Wincing from the pain, I close my eyes for a moment to chase away the dizziness. Feeling better, I rubbed my eyes and once again opening them to inspect the room I am in.

The room was quiet spacious; there are two small beds - one that I was lying on and the other on my right side, with a night stand in the middle as a divider. There was a fireplace at the left corner near the wooden door, the windows, wall and ceiling were also from wood, and so did the closet and other furniture. This room gave a very warm vibe. Lanterns on the wall, and - wait, was that a moose skull complete with its horns on top of the fireplace? How could I miss it? But I am pretty sure I'm in a cabin right now. 

In awe with the room, I almost forgot how I got here. Almost. The past event of me running in the forest then got caught by the troop and saved by those three mysterious men were all rushing back into me. I guess they brought me here? One of them held me in his arms- 'okay wait! What was that?!' I could feel my face feel warm in a second. 

'Huh? I didn't blush right? Right?' I brushed off the thought and decided to focus in my condition now. 'But... where is this? Surely this is not a creepy place judging by the room's décor. And what exactly are they? Definitely not human with that superpower, and maybe this cabin is still in the forest. Lots of supernatural live in the forest but I think I'm in a werewolf pack.' 

Click.

Hearing the sound of the opened door pulled me back into present. A girl walked in and when she looked at me her eyes went wide for a moment, but soon got replaced by a cheerful smile.

"You're awake." 

"Um... yeah." I answer as I rubbed my neck nervously.

The room fell in silence as she walked towards the drawer, taking something out which looked like a box then she put it back into its place. She's the same age as me I guess, her face was small but her nose was pointy with big doe-eyes. She turned at me still with smile on her pretty face.

"How do you feel?"

"A whole lot Better. Although the scratch mark is still burning but everything else is fine." I winced as I touch my cheek. Checking my hands and ankles, there are red scratch marks left from the vines, and I'm sure my cheeks are in the same condition, plus a few cuts here and there.

"Don't worry. Jin will treat your wounds later and it will heal before you know it." She said as she walked towards me and then sat on the bed.

"I'm Feather." She stretched her hand out to me.

"And I'm Kyla." I took her hand and she shakes it with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Well, nice to meet you Kyla." She gave me another warm smile.

"Nice to meet you too, Feather." I'm not really comfortable meeting new people but I guess she's an exception. She has this homey and comfy feels.

"By the way Feather, where am I? What is this place? Who brought me here?"

"Whoa... slow down girl." She chuckled. "This is my room and you're currently in a werewolf pack, The Hill Pride or also known as Mooncliff village. You were saved by Namjoon, Suga, and Jungkook last night. They were the ones who bring you here."

"Phew..." I sighed in relieved. 'I was right! They're werewolves! Well, werewolf is better than those hunters.'

"So this is not a creepy place right? Like prison or something." 

"What? Hahaha... Of course not. Why would you think that?" She laughed and that successfully made me blushed at my own stupid words. "Sorry."

"Well, you're not exactly wrong. Considering you're a human in a werewolf's pack, it is quite scary in one way. But no need to be afraid, we don't eat human." 

"Eum... Thanks? I mean, I've never been to a werewolf pack before."

"Ah... I see. I'm just guessing but if I'm right, you've gone through a lot huh? Don't worry, you are safe here." 

"T-thank you."

"No problem. Now let's meet the elders first and after that I can show you the village." She smiled kindly, "But before that, I think you need a bath, some fresh clothes and a warm breakfast."

I look at my dirty-and-torn clothes and I could feel my stomach grumble for food.

"Yeah. I could use the help."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

After getting myself ready and filled my stomach with breakfast made by Feather, we finally walked out from the cabin. She told me earlier that the pack build cabins for their territory were deep in the wood. They usually used dark or warm paint with animal skins or antlers to décor the cabin, alongside with weapons, crafts, and antics.

Feather also told me the Alpha leader of their pack was Alpha Lee, with eight elders and a young Alpha leader called Mr. Kim. I did know general things about werewolf, duh, everyone does actually.

As she was leading me to the Elders, nervousness was growing inside me. I never went to or encounter a werewolf pack before and knowing what Elders were and their role in the pack only made me more nervous. Meeting them now didn't seem different from meeting beasts, which literally I AM in a village full of beasts. What if they didn't like me? What if they chase me away? What if they killed me? After all I'm just a stranger and as far I know werewolf doesn't easily accept stranger, especially a normal human like me.

"-yla? Kyla!"

I turned my head to Feather, "Huh? What?" I look at her confusedly.

"You didn't hear me. Nervous?"

"Is it obvious?" I smile awkwardly.

"Yeah. Your face tells it all."

"I... I've read about werewolf in the past. Forgive me if I'm wrong, it says that you guys are tolerant for another species but not when it comes to your own pack. Especially elders, they don't really favor human. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stereotyping werewolves."

"Don't be. I understand where you came from and other species also think us that way. But actually what you said is right. If I'm in your shoes I'll be more than nervous tho. Mostly they will ask what happened and where are you from. Just answer that and I'm sure you'll be safe. And don't try to call them by their name if they didn't allow you to. Also you must address The Alpha by Alpha."

"Thanks. I'll remember that." I smiled at her.

After minutes of waking, we arrived in front on a huge black cabin. 'OFFICE' was the word I read on the sign board at the top of the door, there's even a wolf head crafted from wood on it.

"This is where the Alpha and other high rank wolves work." Feather said as we walked in.

"Wow. This place is huge Feather."

"Wait till you see the common room." She chuckled at my reaction.

"That is the administration and information." She pointed to a med-tall table right at the center of the room. "And the room on our right and left side are for normal workers. While the stairs on each corner will lead us to the Head Alpha's, Young Alpha's, and Elders' work rooms."

I hummed in understanding as I look around. Small pot plants on the windows, warm brown wooden wall decorated with animal's skulls and horns, paintings, lanterns, and even two set of guns crossed together on each side of the wall. There were couches with a table near the fireplace on our right side. This surely was a nice place to work.

"Let's go to that room. The Elders are waiting." Feather pulled me gently to the door a little far from the administration table. She knocked the door three times and we could here "Come in." from the inside. She opened the door and straightly walked in with me followed behind her nervously, trying to hide my presence away although that's impossible. When Feather stopped I could see a long table in the middle of the room, with an empty big chair at the other end of it and nine more chairs, but these were no empty.

"Just about time Feather my dear." A woman in her 60 or 70 said to Feather with her high pitched voice.

"Yes Elder Eema." Feather smile and she bowed her head politely, "Good morning Mr. Kim, Elders." 

I quickly copied what Feather did, stuttering in the middle, "G-good morning." 

They just nodded back as a reply. I lifted my head and immediately my gaze met with a young man. I quickly lowered my head; afraid of what I did might be rude for he could be someone important in the pack considering he's here. But there's something familiar about him. Ignoring my mind, I slowly averted my gaze back to see all the Elders, mostly greeted by curious and judging stares.

"Sit my dear. Make yourself at home." Another Elder said as she smiled genuinely at both of us. I gave her a big smile and bowed my head. 

"T-Thank you ma'am." Feather and I sat at the other end of the table, opposite of the big chair. This felt like being in a court or something. 

The high ceiling room was illuminated by sunlight coming from the window right behind the big chair, with another big moose head hanging on top of it and soft fur wrapped the backside till the armrest of the big chair itself. Clearly it was the Alpha's seat. 

As for the other chair were occupied by four women and four men on their sixty or more, four on each side of the table. Last but not least was a young man on the chair near the Alpha's. His wasn't on the same line with the Alpha's but not on the Elders' too. Plus a big wooden clock on the left side of mine accompanied by a tall vase and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter